Prayut could decide to run in election: Prawit

rooster59

3 minutes ago, HocusPocus67 said:

It seems we don't know any such thing. Yes I did witness what I said I witnessed. Sorry, but you're just not important enough to lie to, though I accept that's what you might be used to.

I think we're done now, friend. It's an ROI thing... in my experience, when one party to a conversation descends into personal abuse then there's really no point and you did that a while back.Have a great day though, down there in lower Sukhumvit with the clear pavements.

So you witnessed a Thai voter accept 500 baht from one politician and then happened to be "Johnny on the spot" to witness the same voter accept another 500 baht from another politician (presumably at another time and different location), was it just two bribes you witnessed this voter accept or was it three or four or five ...ten? Hahaha, and then you just happened to be lurking around the polling booth as the exact same voter cast his "not so secret" ballot.

Seems legit.

Personal abuse or truth telling?

Clear pavements lack character.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smarter Than You said:

So you witnessed a Thai voter accept 500 baht from one politician and then happened to be "Johnny on the spot" to witness the same voter accept another 500 baht from another politician (presumably at another time and different location), was it just two bribes you witnessed this voter accept or was it three or four or five ...ten? Hahaha, and then you just happened to be lurking around the polling booth as the exact same voter cast his "not so secret" ballot.

Seems legit.

Personal abuse or truth telling?

Clear pavements lack character.

Well, the danger with presumptions is that you can be wrong. And you are. It was my wife. At my home. And 2 of her friends. At my home.

You can go now, we really are done here.

20 minutes ago, HocusPocus67 said:

Really? I'm not sure Abhisit was seriously being considered. He's too much of a loser surely...?

He has been born and bred for the role by the elites. He was their golden boy (who else did they have?), but after a bit of dissent recently I guess he's now out of favour.

5 minutes ago, HocusPocus67 said:

Well, the danger with presumptions is that you can be wrong. And you are. It was my wife. At my home. And 2 of her friends. At my home.

You can go now, we really are done here.

My mistake, when you said Issan folk, of which there are some 22 million, you actually meant your wife and her two pals.

You have indeed made a very reasonable extrapolation, please accept my apologies.

ex·tra·po·la·tion
noun
  1. the action of estimating or concluding something by assuming that existing trends will continue or a current method will remain applicable.

14 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

He has been born and bred for the role by the elites. He was their golden boy (who else did they have?), but after a bit of dissent recently I guess he's now out of favour.

And the last time was hardly a triumph. I do share what I suspect your opinion of him is. IMHO, the democrat party with him in it is unelectable, and long may that continue. He might be the scion of the elites, and he certainly is, but he doesn't have what it takes to be taken seriously as a pollie. IMHO he is too hungry for power and not intellectually strong enough to follow through on it.. No ideology except a desire for power, he'd be an interesting psychological study and I suspect he has daddy/mummy issues. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Korn too. The problem for the 'Democratic Party' is that they have no talent, the best they can produce is Suthep Thaugsuban and that says more than it should..

Edited by HocusPocus67

This regime is just little puppy dog compared to pit bulls you described - herpes ain't as bad as aids, that doesn't make herpes good.

Most tourist don't even know its a military rule - this is true, but one would have to be incredibly selfish to not at least recognise the injustice inflicted upon millions and millions of people.

You couldn't get a more passive military regime - herpes ain't as bad as aids, that doesn't make herpes good.

The people on face book could easily be the same involved on destabilizing the country during the elections and after democracy was formed and pushing thailand to civil war - The facts of the situation in Thailand are very clear - one side uses ballots, the other guns and violence. Had election results been respected there would never have been any bombed shopping malls nor airport shutdowns.

Thai people will not accept democracy so they got the government they deserved - why did 90+ Thais give their lives in 2010? For democracy. A small percentage of Thais don't want democracy and use violence to deny it to the many who do. This is an injustice. Democracies get the governments they deserve, millions and millions of Thai democrats have not got what they deserve... and so they resist. 

Stop crying for them they will be back to bombing shopping malls and shutting down airports as soon as the next elections are over - A classic tactic of racists and bigots is to "judge a race, a nation or any distinct group by its least worthy members". Congratulations.

12 minutes ago, HocusPocus67 said:

And the last time was hardly a triumph. I do share what I suspect your opinion of him is. IMHO, the democrat party with him in it is unelectable, and long may that continue. He might be the scion of the elites, and he certainly is, but he doesn't have what it takes to be taken seriously as a pollie. IMHO he is too hungry for power and not intellectually strong enough to follow through on it.. No ideology except a desire for power, he'd be an interesting psychological study and I suspect he has daddy/mummy issues. The apple does not fall far from the tree.

Korn too. The problem for the 'Democratic Party' is that they have no talent, the best they can produce is Suthep Thaugsuban and that says more than it should..

Not sure that competence ever came into it - more to do with Eton and Oxford.

8 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

Not sure that competence ever came into it - more to do with Eton and Oxford.

Sadly agree, though his physical presentation is also important (not that it should be) Put on a bit of weight recently though. Meds.

Anyway, it seems we both understand well who and what he is.

Edited by HocusPocus67

6 hours ago, bamukloy said:

Up to them- really sum it all up in three words.
In Isaan not many folk will admit to farang they are red. They know it not considered a good choice to say.

But really when you think, Isaan have its own powers through the pooyais and those families with the power and they rarely ever change.
Its they who will tell villagers who to vote for 
after consider which party 'donate' the most and how the spoils are share around. 

what i am told in the past, have been 500baht a person and whatever free stuff is on promise, then pooyai will 'endorse' them who to vote for. 

Who knows how it will be next time. If the general try to stop this system the villagers wont be happy!

My opinion- if you keep these farmer poor (and they are a large % of population) they have no luxury of consider who is the best or offer the best future for the country,
They must consider what they will get for their family and how much share of the crumbs they can have.

Issan if honest talk will say..One thing about a politician is the same as big police.
Is Thai style superannuation. They pay a big fee to guy who leaves to take over the good job.
Its this cost upfront, then when have control your free to recoup your outlay and proceed to get rich yourself.

Its the way its always been, cant see it changing.

What makes me laugh is the farangs crying democracy and rubbishing anyone in power here.

Because what happen when a new guy gets in and is worse even than Taksin? What will you say then? because after all your superior western considerations and democracy, thai back in the same old rut..

This is what the general considers as he keeps repeating as much in his speech.

But its the farang who knows only half the true story but still trying to push a western system on Asians who do it their own way since ever.

Just let em get on with it and be glad you can stay here and dont have to vote for any of em!

I don't think anyone here wants to "push a western system on Asians." Rather, we have seen clearly enough through the heavy, heavy layers of authoritarian propaganda (as have many Thais, by now), that Thai democracy was FAR superior to what the country has now. The military has repeatedly trashed representative government, as it threatens the interests of their most powerful members and their allies.

Thai democracy gave people 30 baht health care, the 300 baht daily minimum wage, decentralization, the freest press in the region, de-facto leadership of continental ASEAN, and healthier, safer, and easier lives than their neighbors. The anti-democrats have given them censorship, jail for telling the truth, centralized control, a floundering economy, international embarrassment, and "stability" from the instability they caused by seeking political advantage outside the constitutional and democratic frameworks of the country.

3 hours ago, coulson said:

Don't pay attention. St100 is a sycophant that thinks his visa is in jeopardy if he were to talk otherwise.

Right. Thanks. Daddy issues? Hero worship is quite common among sycophants, and fans of authoritarian governments alike.

As mentioned previously ....  It doesn't affect one's day to day living,  everyone can still travel anywhere, buy anything, go any place and you have security without the disfunctional government who allowed road blockages, protests and airport closures.

There are farang here who try to push their ideology of western democracy on Thai people who don't want western interference.  Good on Khun Prayuth for creating economic stability with many projects planned.

If one doesn't like the way a country is being governed then it's sad to think farang wake up to that each day, maybe one should reconsider what's most important to them and move.

595abbc0b3ceb_KhunPrayuth.jpg.7ba8b117a03f8219424a1d875aec8237.jpg