Gym Cable Wire Rope

twozeds

hi…not sure if this is in the correct category please move if needed thanks….I have one of those cable/pulley exercise machines i got from Big C about a year ago with a 50kg weight stack on it to use just for toning up and trying to stay reasonably fit . I was doing some behind the neck pulldowns with the 50kg stack on and the cable snapped and the bar give me a nice lump on my head for a couple of days.I asked at Big C but was told i had to order a new cable around 1000 baht but to be honest i haven't much faith in their cables surely the cable that came with the machine must be tested above 50Kg?….so would like to replace it with some stronger stuff if possible. Found some at Home Pro to put me on temporary but it was only about the same strength as the Big C stuff and also isn't coated…..which ideally I would prefer the outside of the cable to be plastic coated. Any help and advice greatly appreciated…many thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, jvs said:

In my former life i owned a gym and i always replaced cables by strong

braided nylon rope.Never had one broken!

Just curious is there not more stretch in nylon rope ? would mean its not as good for exercise.. IMHO

1 hour ago, twozeds said:

sorry phuketjock Im at Laem chabang so Pattaya is about the nearest town for me….there is an Home Works in Pattaya will give them a try many thanks

No problem as long as you can locate what you're looking for.

Cheers.

28 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just curious is there not more stretch in nylon rope ? would mean its not as good for exercise.. IMHO

Very little stretch,not noticable unless you are going to jerk the weights and that is not good for exercise.

On July 1, 2560 BE at 11:23 AM, teddog said:

Yes thin on the ground,butt Pattaya hardware store stocks 3 different sized plastic coated wire  Pattaya Klang  opp foodland,about30 baht a metre (I think)

got sorted with the wire at the store you suggested …many thanks again teddog