US Embassy Consular Outreaches This Month.

Saw the this on our Twitter page that reminded me about them.

• PATTAYA: Friday, July 14, 2017
  • UDON THANI: Friday, July 21, 2017
  • PHUKET: Thursday, July 27, 2017

No info yet on  their webpage for locations and etc. Check this page for updates and more info. https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/consular-outreach/ 

I will be checking the page for updates and will post them in this topic,

Remember that you must pay the fees with a bank draft now. See the page linked above for more info.

Some of our officers and members will be at the outreach in Udon Thani. Ask them for info joining our post if interested.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, American Legion Post TH01 said:

No info yet on  their webpage for locations and etc.

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Pattaya

Date: Friday, July 14, 2017
Time
: 10:00AM to NOON
Venue: Dusit Thani Pattaya Hotel

Address: 240/2 Pattaya Beach Road, Pattaya City, Chonburi 20150, Thailand

Hotel phone:     +66 (0) 3842 5611

https://www.dusit.com/dusitthani/pattaya/location/

Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointment is necessary.

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.

SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON JULY 14, 2017

Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 35 THB to 1 USD

PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you. 

IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.

PAYMENT METHOD

Please be advised the U.S. embassy will not accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at outreach events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.

All Bank Drafts must be:

• Purchased in advance from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB). 
      • You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
      • Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
    • Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
    • In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
    • At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach. 
    • Submitted at the time of service.

• Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.

You can show this to the bank:

ลูกค้าท่านนี้ต้องการซื้อแบงค์ดร๊าฟ(สกุลเงินบาทเท่านั้น)
ตามจำนวนเงินที่ระบุด้านหลังสั่งจ่ายถึง
“American Embassy Bangkok”

รบกวนช่วยอำนวยความสะดวกให้ด้วยค่ะ

RETURN OF PASSPORT 

There are two ways to receive your new passport:

1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11 AM, except holidays and the last Friday of every month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.

2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED).  Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.

If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.

• Like 1

If only the British Embassy were to provide a similar outreach service for us poor Brits!  I could definitely handle a single trip to Pattaya for passport renewal purposes rather than 2 trips to an office building with an exceedingly silly name somewhere in deepest darkest Bangkok (the first to lodge my application and the second to collect my new passport). :closedeyes:

34 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Pattaya

Do you have a link for that. I cannot find it on the website.

And really no need to post all the info on the webpage other than the location.

A link is enough.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a link for that. I cannot find it on the website.

And really no need to post all the info that is on the webpage. A link is enough.

I wasn't quoting anything from the website, I was quoting the email I received from the embassy. Since I didn't check the website to see what was posted there, I included everything in the email except the location of local banks, which I assume Pattaya residents know already.

You can/should sign up for email notifications.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Thanks for the update. It is a shame though that the ACS has not updated the website yet.

The most important part of the update for myself and others not going to the Pattaya outreach is the fees in baht. They have changed the exchange rate from 36 to 35 baht but have not posted that on the website either

Knowing the fees is important because that is the exact amount that must be on the bank draft. During the outreach in Khon Kaen earlier this year many people were turned away because the amount was not correct.

The most common problem was that people had requested the bank draft be done in the equivalent of the fee in dollars using the exchange rate on the date they requested the bank draft.

• 2 weeks later...

They have updated the outreach page with a link for the Udon outreach on the 21st.

Date: Friday, July 21, 2017
Time: 8:00AM to 11:00AM
Venue: Centara Hotel & Convention Centre Udon Thani
Address: 277/1 Prajaksillapakhom Road, Amphur Muang, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand

See here for more info: https://th.usembassy.gov/consular-outreach-udon-thani-072117/

That have also updated the page to show the dates for the outreaches in November.

• PATTAYA: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
  • KHON KAEN: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
  • PHUKET: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
  • Like 1