New paypal for Thai bank account or use existing UK Paypal account?

For those who have a bank account in Thailand and use PayPal, do you use your home country PayPal account and add the Thai bank account to it? Or did you open a new PayPal account just for your Thai bank?

PayPal are known to hold money/accounts when they think something iffy is going on, so I don't want to risk that.

Thanks.

years ago i had problems   linking thai account whilst  in using uk acc

got in touch with p/p they suggested open a new acc p/p Singapore  no problems ever since

Edited by Lamkyong

Ok I have an issue I'd like some advice on.

Have ebay uk account sitting dormant as it's linked to my ex's paypal account but I want to remove that account and add a Thai bank account or should I just create a new paypal account in uk and use the thb account?

Nobody done this? 

Edited by Rc2702

Just opened a Thai PayPal account this week to link to my Bangkok Bank account. No hitches, all done and verified. Added benefit is, I understand, that you can now transfer money via UK Bank=>UK Paypal=>Thai Paypal=> Thai bank account. Not tried it myself yet, but supposed to be straightforward. No idea how much you will lose in exchange fees, but articles I've seen suggest hundreds of pounds rather than thousands are better.

4 hours ago, snowgard said:

Years ago it was no problem to use your UK account and let shipping the items to Thailand. Now it don't work.

You can't pay anymore with a UK Paypal Account and let ship it here. Paypal had forbidden this way 2-3 years ago.

https://www.paypal.com/th/selfhelp/article/can-i-add-a-postal-address-in-another-country-faq2100/4

Is this recent? I have a UK Ebay and UK Paypal account and have easily swiched between 2 addresses on EBay... UK and Thai. I have ordered items and had them delivered to Thailand without any problem. There are of course some suppliers who will not mail to Thailand. Your link took me to Thai script (Thai paypal)  which I cannot read.

Edited by jacko45k

I tried last week to add a non Swiss bank account to my Swiss business pp- account ... fail ...

answer from pp-support: it is not possible ?

So I will try later this year to open a new pp-account in LOS with Thai bank account.

Several years ago, I had US and Thai accounts. Sent money from.one to the other. Within micro-seconds the transaction was reversed. Reason.was suspected fraud.

Didn't mind that so much.

However, in those micro-seconds, they converted the money from USD to THB and back at their rates. What came back to me was over 100 USD lighter than What I sent.

Tried like hell to.get my money back. PayPal is not a bank and virtually unregulated in.Singapore. They can, and will, <deleted> you.over with no recourse. 

When it was said and done, they claimed I.violated the TOS and made me close one of the 2 accounts. Closed both. <deleted> em.

I had my aussie account and paypal told me to start a thai one from here, was told you need an account in the country you live in as some merchants wont accept one from a different country for payment