Application form for proof of address (for car purchase).

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

No intent to stray off topic, but the blue house book is not enough?...As for the yellow book, depending on the area, it seems a mission impossible!!??

Whose blue book? You cannot be registered in one unless you are Thai or have permanent residency.

If you have a blue book for a condo your name does not appear in it.

• Like 1

I bought a used Ford Ranger a couple of weeks ago. No problem getting the reciept in my name, because it was a private sale, and cash.

For the rego transfer, I went to Sisaket immigration office to get a residence certificate. Not had a problem previously, just take a passport photo. But for rego transfer, I had to go to the Land Transport Office, to ask for a letter requesting the residence certificate. Took it back to immigration, got the cert, then back to transport for the transfer. Bloody hell.

Then, had to wait a week and a half, because I had it changed from Bangkok plates to Sisaket.

All a bit painfull. 

As well, had to put it over the pit for inspection at transport office.

Edited by Goanna

Ubonjoe, I paid 500 baht. I have done this each time I have bought a bike or a car, and the letter only lasts one month - for the particular item. Apart from TIT, any idea as to why there is an "unofficial charge"?

41 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yellow book is enough at my office

Not true in Phuket Land Transport Office.  Last year presented my yellow tabian bahn to prove residence and was told that only a certificate of residence from immigration would suffice.

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Not true in Phuket Land Transport Office.  Last year presented my yelloketw tabian bahn to prove residence and was told that only a certificate of residence from immigration would suffice.

Well as i dont live in Phuket i wouldnt know but kk accept yellow book so it is true as i said

26 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Well as i dont live in Phuket i wouldnt know but kk accept yellow book so it is true as i said

From what I read the yellow book is often accepted at Land Transport Offices throughout Thailand, but unfortunately not in Phuket.

You would think a green book (motorcycle registration), five-year Thai driver's license, a yellow book, current monthly bills from CAT and the Provincial Electric Authority, and a current 90 Day Report Notification Receipt, all showing the same address might be enough, but, at least in Phuket, it's not.  One must pay 300-500 Baht and get a residence certificate from immigration, who interestingly don't ask for any proof beyond noting that the address on your application for residency certificate is the same as your previously registered address.

Basically, the Land Transport Office in Phuket has decided to outsource the determination of your address to immigration, greatly diminishing the value of obtaining a yellow book in this province.

Edited by skatewash

12 hours ago, billzant said:

Apart from TIT, any idea as to why there is an "unofficial charge"?

Because it is not listed on the fee list. It is not something an immigration office has to do since there is not even a official TM form for it. There are some offices that do not issue them.

Are you saying that immigration offices do not have to issue residence letters? If so how does the retailer know the person is resident? Or are you saying that the immigration offices have to issue the letters but some don't charge for those letters?

I have a friend who got stroppy with the immigration and refused to pay the fee, he eventually got the letter without paying. For such an occasional amount I don't want to rock the boat.

57 minutes ago, billzant said:

Are you saying that immigration offices do not have to issue residence letters?

That is what I am saying. There are some offices that will not issue them.

Others will only issue them to those on extensions or long stay visas. For example Chaeng Wattana immigration only does them if your are doing 90 day reports to them and send them by EMS in about 3 weeks and charge fee of 200 baht that includes the postage for the EMS.

If you cannot get one your only option may be to get one from your embassy.

• Like 1

Ubonjoe,

Thanks.

Chaeng Wattana  are making a point of being difficult for tourists who want to buy a car/bike in Thailand. 

For those on long-stay they will do them but again making it difficult.

Makes my place charging 500 for a same day letter look easy.

I always find it interesting that each office has its own rules for everything including issuing a visa. Even though there is a website with a specific set of rules.It is a bit disturbing that such fees are discretionary.

Jomtien used to charge 200 baht and if took a day to process.

Now they charge 300 baht and it takes 20 minutes. Considering how rarely I need one these days, it's not a problem forking over 300 baht and waiting 20 minutes (sure beats 3 weeks) !

• Like 1

On 1.7.2017 at 0:19 PM, ubonjoe said:

May I ask, is this form widely known by Immigration offices?

I was at Nonthaburi Immigration today for my 90-day.

As I fairly soon will need 3 CertOfRes documents I asked what they would need to issue such.

It seems they had never heard of this application form and came up with the

following list of required documents for a CertofRes:

TM30 along with copy of tabien baan and id-card of house owner

copy of rental contract

copy of passport (foto, visa, arrival)

copy of TM7

2 fotos of me

1500 baht

Is this normal?

Or is normal procedure justy to hand in the application form with some passport copies and then get the CertOfRes?

Edited by melvinmelvin
typo

5 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

May I ask, is this form widely known by Immigration offices?

I would say yes. It is the form posted on the immigration website.

The one on the website is in MSword format and the one posted is one converted to a PDF for those that have problems with the doc version. Here is download for it. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548884511.doc

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would say yes. It is the form posted on the immigration website.

The one on the website is in MSword format and the one posted is one converted to a PDF for those that have problems with the doc version. Here is download for it. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548884511.doc

Ta.

And people just hand in this appl form and get CoR in return?

No need for TM30, tabien baan, ekkasan, rental contract?

Btw, the two documents (pdf and doc) you have provided links to are two widely different documents, must be

some mixup somewhere.

(wish Nonthaburi had been simple, making 3 TM30s and 3 ekkasans and 3 tabien baans will probably

annoy the landlady)

24 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

And people just hand in this appl form and get CoR in return?

No need for TM30, tabien baan, ekkasan, rental contract?

Btw, the two documents (pdf and doc) you have provided links to are two widely different documents, must be

some mixup somewhere.

(wish Nonthaburi had been simple, making 3 TM30s and 3 ekkasans and 3 tabien baans will probably

annoy the landlady)

You will need any supporting documents immigration wants along with form. I never said you didn't. I cannot predict what Nonthaburi immigration will want. For sure it will be more than what most other offices will want.

It seems I clicked on the wrong link to copy on the immigration website. This is the correct one. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548833812.doc

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Just been down the Tesebaan to try & obtain a yellow book

The requirements were mind boggling, the most difficult being 

*Translation of Passport & Birth Cert stamped by MFA, with the original translated copy to be given to Tessebaan (    no photo copy) + 4 PP photos 

*2 Gov. employees to verify at meeting

* Immigration Residency Certificate ( why would you need this if trying to get Yellow Book - as YB is a permanent fix to the COR )

So my situation is that I am on a ME Marriage visa & what I have read on the Forum It would be possible to purchase new car with just a COR & every yr for Rego just go 7 get another COR 

Does this sound correct

Thanks all

17 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Hello all

Just been down the Tesebaan to try & obtain a yellow book

The requirements were mind boggling, the most difficult being 

*Translation of Passport & Birth Cert stamped by MFA, with the original translated copy to be given to Tessebaan (    no photo copy) + 4 PP photos 

*2 Gov. employees to verify at meeting

* Immigration Residency Certificate ( why would you need this if trying to get Yellow Book - as YB is a permanent fix to the COR )

So my situation is that I am on a ME Marriage visa & what I have read on the Forum It would be possible to purchase new car with just a COR & every yr for Rego just go 7 get another COR 

Does this sound correct

Thanks all

The yellow book requirements for your tessabahn sound stringent, but they are whatever the tessabahn tells you.  Sorry, don't mean to be flip, but the requirements as they are implemented by each tessabahn differ.  For example, I did not have to have my passport translated at all, they were not interested in my birth certificate at all (I should mention that I was the owner of the condo unit and therefore had both the blue tabian bahn for that unit and the sales document from the Land Office, which I believe had the official Thai transliterated spellings of my name and of my parent's names), I needed to bring two Thai people who lived in the province (Phuket) who knew me, but they did not have to be government employees.  I did need a residency certificate from immigration to verify my address.

You could try to see if your tessabahn would allow you to substitute two Thai people who live in the province but are not government employees.   They may or may not be flexible about that.  Again, varies by tessabahn.

If you lived in Phuket I would advise you that the yellow book, when issued, will be almost totally useless (it is not accepted by the Land Transport Office, they still insist I obtain a residency certificate from immigration).  I understand there are some, maybe the majority, of provinces where having a yellow tabian bahn means that you never have to obtain a certificate of residency from immigration again, but that's not the case in Phuket.

So your plan B, forgetting about obtaining a yellow book, and paying for residency certificates from immigration when you need to do anything at the Land Transport Office (for example) might be less of an inconvenience for you than complying with the requirements for obtaining a yellow book from your tessabahn.

Good luck!

16 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The yellow book requirements for your tessabahn sound stringent, but they are whatever the tessabahn tells you.  Sorry, don't mean to be flip, but the requirements as they are implemented by each tessabahn differ.  For example, I did not have to have my passport translated at all, they were not interested in my birth certificate at all (I should mention that I was the owner of the condo unit and therefore had both the blue tabian bahn for that unit and the sales document from the Land Office, which I believe had the official Thai transliterated spellings of my name and of my parent's names), I needed to bring two Thai people who lived in the province (Phuket) who knew me, but they did not have to be government employees.  I did need a residency certificate from immigration to verify my address.

You could try to see if your tessabahn would allow you to substitute two Thai people who live in the province but are not government employees.   They may or may not be flexible about that.  Again, varies by tessabahn.

If you lived in Phuket I would advise you that the yellow book, when issued, will be almost totally useless (it is not accepted by the Land Transport Office, they still insist I obtain a residency certificate from immigration).  I understand there are some, maybe the majority, of provinces where having a yellow tabian bahn means that you never have to obtain a certificate of residency from immigration again, but that's not the case in Phuket.

So your plan B, forgetting about obtaining a yellow book, and paying for residency certificates from immigration when you need to do anything at the Land Transport Office (for example) might be less of an inconvenience for you than complying with the requirements for obtaining a yellow book from your tessabahn.

Good luck!

Thanks I hope so - wont hurt as they require 1 anyway

& for COR along with YB

Let's look at it this way, I assume as (let's say LD) in needing the COR along with the YB is just a formal process of saying this is true & correct since you just had it verified on the date ( Your YB could be 5 yrs old )

• Like 1