Application form for proof of address (for car purchase).

On 7/4/2017 at 1:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will need any supporting documents immigration wants along with form. I never said you didn't. I cannot predict what Nonthaburi immigration will want. For sure it will be more than what most other offices will want.

It seems I clicked on the wrong link to copy on the immigration website. This is the correct one. https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486548833812.doc

Hello Joe 

I was wandering that you might be correct since this form is so vague & the other is a more detailed questionare that may be needed to accompany the form you are now suggesting

Any further thoughts Joe

PS: Or this second form (or puket form ) may be for a TB since they want your parents name & address ( just a realisation as the Tesabine wanted a translated copy of my Birth Cert for YB application )

Edited by BEVUP

56 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Thanks I hope so - wont hurt as they require 1 anyway

& for COR along with YB

Let's look at it this way, I assume as (let's say LD) in needing the COR along with the YB is just a formal process of saying this is true & correct since you just had it verified on the date ( Your YB could be 5 yrs old )

What you say about the Yellow Book is true, it could be out-of-date.  That's not the reason I believe the Phuket Land Transport Office doesn't accept it though.  The real reason I believe is that the LTO in Phuket doesn't want to be in the business of deciding where a foreigner lives.  They simply outsource that responsibility to the immigration office and make the foreigner do the work.  It's the classic way of operating in bureaucracies throughout the world -- cover your rear end.  Nobody can blame the LTO because they relied on a document provided by immigration.  

The irony is that immigration does no investigation when providing your certificate of residency.  You fill out the application and if it matches your information in their database, they issue you a certificate of residency.  They ask to see no proof that it's up to date (e.g., recent utility bills, etc.).  They take their 300-500 Baht fee and issue the document, having no more evidence of where you actually live than the LTO would have.  In fact, if the LTO wanted to they could merely look at the 90 Day Report receipt you have stapled in your passport.  It's official, issued by immigration, and "proves" that it's your address (at least when the 90 day report was made).  But, it's easier for them to insist on the certificate of residency from immigration.  Why go out on a limb and interpret documents you already have when they can simply insist on the certificate of residence from immigration?  

54 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Hello Joe 

I was wandering that you might be correct since this form is so vague & the other is a more detailed questionare that may be needed to accompany the form you are now suggesting

Any further thoughts Joe

PS: Or this second form (or puket form ) may be for a TB since they want your parents name & address ( just a realisation as the Tesabine wanted a translated copy of my Birth Cert for YB application )

The other form has nothing to do with getting a certificate of residence. The title of it as shown on the immigration website is " Report aliens working in the foundation / association / non-profit organization".

4 hours ago, BEVUP said:

It would be possible to purchase new car with just a COR & every yr for Rego just go 7 get another COR 

No COR required for the annual tax payment, just the vehicle's blue book, the COR is required only when the vehicle is first registered to you and when you sell it finally, all the COR is doing is giving DLT an address to register the vehicle to.

4 minutes ago, Mattd said:

No COR required for the annual tax payment, just the vehicle's blue book, the COR is required only when the vehicle is first registered to you and when you sell it finally, all the COR is doing is giving DLT an address to register the vehicle to.

Thanks as I am going to try this on friday since I will require this to obtain a Yellow Book in Korat which will take a bit longer

Suratthani immigration...

Application form and copy of wife's house book plus 3 photos.

500 baht !! The girl knew it was a dodgy request, when I told her they should be free she just smiled sheepishly :) I paid but asked for 2 CORs...

Got to get along with them as I do extensions here...

39 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

500 baht !! The girl knew it was a dodgy request, when I told her they should be free she just smiled sheepishly :) I paid but asked for 2 CORs...

Did you ask her for a receipt?

Perhaps next time, use a discreet bodycam and film the cheat!!...Then either send footage to My Mate Nate:cheesy: or to the anti corruption bureau at the PM's office in Bangkok...may cool them down? or not?

3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Did you ask her for a receipt?

Perhaps next time, use a discreet bodycam and film the cheat!!...Then either send footage to My Mate Nate:cheesy: or to the anti corruption bureau at the PM's office in Bangkok...may cool them down? or not?

Oh what a very good idea then. 

No more COR at suratthanni after that then very very helpfull.

3 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Oh what a very good idea then. 

No more COR at suratthanni after that then very very helpfull.

Obviously not that it will Stop and it could create some trouble but on the other hand if people just pay up each time, the racket may continue?

Edited by observer90210

7 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Obviously not that it will Stop and it could create some trouble but on the other hand if people just pay up each time, the racket may continue?

I just wanna get by in life... My missus on the other hand is now on a mission !! She has emailed the Anti Corruption department, phoned another one and is generally on the war path...

Looks like no more extensions for me at Surat :)

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

I just wanna get by in life... My missus on the other hand is now on a mission !! She has emailed the Anti Corruption department, phoned another one and is generally on the war path...

Looks like no more extensions for me at Surat :)

Sorry for that and I fully understand the delicate position of you and another poster in the same situation. Sad society...

But there should be a way to report those corrupt immigration fellows without getting directly involved....sure your missus could work out something innovative....

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

500? not bad!

Nonthaburi Imm charge 1500 per piece,

but their lax on photos, only 2 per piece needed

Before my local amphur was issuing Tabian Baans for foreigners which are preferred as proof of residence in my area, a COR was easily available at the local police station. They had the template on their pc and just filled in the details with an extra note on the bottom stating what it was for. No charge.

Try your local cop-shop first, no harm in asking!  

14 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

As i belive no immigration office is compeled to issue a COR they would faced with a video just stop issuing them. 

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

As i belive no immigration office is compeled to issue a COR they would faced with a video just stop issuing them. 

Why not try the police? Or get a yellow book, it helps and unless I am mistaken, the yellow book can override a COR?...or not?

13 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Why not try the police? Or get a yellow book, it helps and unless I am mistaken, the yellow book can override a COR?...or not?

I have no problems I have yellow book.

I am only saying makes no sense to upset an immigration office.

• Like 1