more and more dogs about

opalred

I like dogs too and had ONE, not the same one but only ONE, my entire life as a companion.  They were all well mannered and I would not allow them to crap on public or the private property of others and they never barked on and on and on and on.

Now I live in Thailand and within 1 block of my rented home are 50 dogs (estimated) that sleep all day and bark all night.  The motley crew next door are not confined and crap everywhere and much of the time in front of my house.  Yeah...gotta love  those soi dogs!  Thankfully I have 9 months to go before my house build is complete and there is only ONE dog...a quiet one...next door.

8 hours ago, MarcIssan said:

I like dogs too and had ONE, not the same one but only ONE, my entire life as a companion.  They were all well mannered and I would not allow them to crap on public or the private property of others and they never barked on and on and on and on.

Now I live in Thailand and within 1 block of my rented home are 50 dogs (estimated) that sleep all day and bark all night.  The motley crew next door are not confined and crap everywhere and much of the time in front of my house.  Yeah...gotta love  those soi dogs!  Thankfully I have 9 months to go before my house build is complete and there is only ONE dog...a quiet one...next door.

You of course mean when they fouled anywhere you would pick it up. Unless of course they were so inteligent that when you told them not to crap in a certain spot they understood.

Our pooches stay outside at night now. When they bark constantly i know there is a reason for it and investigate. I never tell them off for doing there job. Aà

I believe the reason for so many dogs is the failure of Thais to neuter  the male dogs. A simple procedure it takes little time. Instead Thais want to Spay the female dog. This procedure is very expensive; the dog has to be anesthetized and then her ovaries have to be removed.

I've experienced this first hand, I cared for 5 Soi dogs in my neighborhood a mother and four puppies. When the 2 females reached 9 months old one had her first Heat. It was explained to me by a Thai girl that " the female dog is at fault for getting pregnant!"  "I said really, so she lays on her back spreads her legs and barks come <deleted>%k me! " Here all this time  I thought it was the male shooting his sperm that caused the female to get pregnant. 

The fix is simple Arm 50 men with rifles and shoot the balls off every stray you come across. 

Of course you could chose a different course of action; say something like what Ukrainians did several years ago. In Kiev they had a mobile crematorium they would catch strays and toss them live into the burning flames!

The picture below one of my puppies killed by ignorance!

dogs flowers 009 copy.JPG

On 7/3/2017 at 6:46 AM, jeab1980 said:

I often wonder if you were cast away on a dessert island with a plentifull supply of food. And one particular animal on the island which has never been seen before anywhere. And said animal snarled and howled all day and night if you would trap it and kill it to shut it up so you could sleep well at night?.

you must have an awful lot of  time to waste if thats  all you can think of, your arguments as ever are hilarious, if you dont think Thailand has a dog  problem then.........................:crazy: