The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

Odysseus,

Good morning - I hope things have not gotten worse for you the last days.

Taking a man's bar stools? - did you get them back + one copy for you to give your opinion about? 555

As for my wife being in it.... when The Entitled One drove off, she said he was going to visit a friend, not far.

Maybe that's what he told her / maybe she just made it up on the spot / maybe she new what he was up to, yes, lying comes naturally... Why not use his bike?

They are off to the wat now - for that Lent thing, I am sure they will come back full of enlightenment, compassion and disattachment. She needed some money for "give for dead people" though, I had my small symbolic revenge and gave her 300 extra to buy a bottle of Blend on the way back (of course she does not understand the irony of buying whiskey on a forbidden day, just after church service).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, benalibina said:

You sure did it not convince me with that reply. Not that IT should matter for you though.

Up to you.

But I do not quite understand your post, not coming from you, as I usually rather like your posts. Having a bad day?

Edited by oldhippy
I added some well deserved vitriol

22 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Last week I had the"privilege" of listening to a women explain to her friends just as to how she had managed to lose hundreds of thousands of baht,the business and the house in a spectacular act of financial destruction.

She attributed the demise to the fact that her foreign husband drank three bottles of beer and smoked two packets of cigarettes a day..

"Oooh" the other women lamented.."mai di..mai di.."

You have got to laugh.....

Certainly have to & the collapse would of been due to family & most probably the BIL 

Yep blame anything but herself - the Falang would of had his habits covered

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Certainly have to & the collapse would of been due to family & most probably the BIL 

Yep blame anything but herself - the Falang would of had his habits covered

Yes,the money was raised thru' loan sharks without the husbands knowledge.

The family played the leading role in the whole thing.SiL.BiL.sons...etc.The foreigner purchased all the goods for the shop,anyway.Well covered at that point.

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes,the money was raised thru' loan sharks without the husbands knowledge.

The family played the leading role in the whole thing.SiL.BiL.sons...etc.The foreigner purchased all the goods for the shop,anyway.Well covered at that point.

Sounds familiar to me. I could have written that. But not for a shop. 

Liars are they, most of them. Enabled by the silent voices of "the family".

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, benalibina said:

Sounds familiar to me. I could have written that. But not for a shop. 

Liars are they, most of them. Enabled by the silent voices of "the family".

Yes all with out husbands knowledge encouraged by the voice - They would know what husbands answer would be 

They just don't know when their on a good wicket & just want more - For some crazy business or the banks about to seize the Aunts land 

My wife wife lies straight in my face - as mentioned prior car loan was coming to end after BIL failed to pay (unknown to me ) , thought i might up date car so spent an hour at Toyota & told a friend who also helped by looking on the computer. Or I could of set that amount away every mth for my sons Uni

But no & always at the 11 th hour i find ou the car was refinanced from a loan shark to pay of the bank & give the remainder to the Aunt 400 km away on the promise of 10 Rai (no proof at all ) 

So yet another 3yrs on car making it worth double the purchase price from about 9 yrs ago to know being 12 yr old & depressiating 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Thank you Dark Lord and thanks to other posters allowing me to share my somewhat bizarre experiences.I am just trying to remain calm and physically rested enough to get on the plane in 10 days time.

My first objective is to get to my hotel and order a bang up meal and a crisp Australian white wine-maybe a verdelho or a chardonnay-enjoy myself and two days later present myself to ye olde Aussie doctors with a smile and the stern injunction.."Come on, do your worst!"

Best of luck to all.Over and out for the day.

Hey O my friend, 

Appreciate it is a bit early but in case I miss you due to my personal "Olympus" before you fly, promise you will drop us all a line from Oz ( a wonderful country but one that I failed to visit) to let us know how you are getting on?

• Like 2

Odyesseus,

Hey Buddy hope your okay,look don't give up on Thai women they can be great,but your have to realise,that the Falang is way down on the list,;

1; Family

2;money

3;food

4; Friends

5;having sanuk with friends

6;you building or doing up their house

7;buying them car/motorsai/gold

8; the dog

9; extended family

10;sleeping

11; possibly you. 

i know this through experience,now my current girl is a great improvement on my ex wife,mainly cos i do not have a father in law to deal with.I spent 800,000 b doing up the upper storey of her house,yet she only sleeps in her massive new bedroom when i go there the expensive furniture such as the wardrobe,chest of draws remains empty,she still sleeps downstairs in her old room with her daughter[9 years],it is cramped and full of junk,i think she is scared of sleeping alone,but that was why she wanted me to do up the house as she was fed up sleeping with the kids! At least the son 13,sleeps in his new room upstairs,i kind of scratch my head about all this,but heck if gives me somewhere else to go if there is a party,funeral ect near me in town. I have a very casual relationship with her a couple of nights a week i may go over there ,sometimes she comes and stay's at my place,but i do not see her everyday. She is a very hot chick,but typically Thai,i called last night no answer,then texted,no reply,after 15 mins i concluded she had probably gone out,so wished her a goodnight  and switched off my phone,despite us agreeing i would stay at her house,i was tired anyway so not too bothered.i woke up about midnight,and turned on the phone,she had sent me a mms with her and her daughter at home saying she had been in the shower ,oh yeah,did she have her bedclothes on ,no,so she was preparing no doubt to go out. I have caught her out on a few occasions,when a falang friend of mine mentioned they were at a certain resturant bar when she had called me saying she was too tired to come over i worked out the dates 3 occasions,of course when i confronted her ,she initially denied it,then confessed saying the girls had come in a car to pick her up and "what i can do', i said so your to tired to see me ,but can go out,i told her not to lie,and then mentioned i could walk away easy. The look of panic on her face was something to behold. What i am getting at here is she needs me as i support her and her family,far more than i need her,even though i like her a lot,my previous marriage taught me with these girls you must be the boss,a Thai man would have slapped her all over the place for such things,they know we will not. I will now wait until she calls me,as it is a budda weekend i doubt i will see her,so what,i will not be sitting here pining for her,i have a good supply of beer and smokes,and food,herein lies the key,never RELY ON THAI WOMEN,you will inevitably be dissapointed,rather swing it the other way,you gotta be in the driving seat.

Edited by marko kok prong
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, transam said:

Was that an Italian connection or am I confused with someone else...?

Oh come on Transam,surely you remember his heartrending stories of how he could not see his kids and life was so cruel blah,blah,blah,i don't think he even lives here now,so why he still posts i don't know.I am not picking on the bloke but jeez many of us have similiar stories,just that Ben seemed to go on about it a bit,but i sure hope he is doing okay.

19 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

Odyesseus,

Hey Buddy hope your okay,look don't give up on Thai women they can be great,but your have to realise,that the Falang is way down on the list,;

1; Family

2;money

3;food

4; Friends

5;having sanuk with friends

6;you building or doing up their house

7;buying them car/motorsai/gold

8; the dog

9; extended family

10;sleeping

11; possibly you. 

i know this through experience,now my current girl is a great improvement on my ex wife,mainly cos i do not have a father in law to deal with.I spent 800,000 b doing up the upper storey of her house,yet she only sleeps in her massive new bedroom when i go there the expensive furniture such as the wardrobe,chest of draws remains empty,she still sleeps downstairs in her old room with her daughter[9 years],it is cramped and full of junk,i think she is scared of sleeping alone,but that was why she wanted me to do up the house as she was fed up sleeping with the kids! At least the son 13,sleeps in his new room upstairs,i kind of scratch my head about all this,but heck if gives me somewhere else to go if there is a party,funeral ect near me in town. I have a very casual relationship with her a couple of nights a week i may go over there ,sometimes she comes and stay's at my place,but i do not see her everyday. She is a very hot chick,but typically Thai,i called last night no answer,then texted,no reply,after 15 mins i concluded she had probably gone out,so wished her a goodnight  and switched off my phone,despite us agreeing i would stay at her house,i was tired anyway so not too bothered.i woke up about midnight,and turned on the phone,she had sent me a mms with her and her daughter at home saying she had been in the shower ,oh yeah,did she have her bedclothes on ,no,so she was preparing no doubt to go out. I have caught her out on a few occasions,when a falang friend of mine mentioned they were at a certain resturant bar when she had called me saying she was too tired to come over i worked out the dates 3 occasions,of course when i confronted her ,she initially denied it,then confessed saying the girls had come in a car to pick her up and "what i can do', i said so your to tired to see me ,but can go out,i told her not to lie,and then mentioned i could walk away easy. The look of panic on her face was something to behold. What i am getting at here is she needs me as i support her and her family,far more than i need her,even though i like her a lot,my previous marriage taught me with these girls you must be the boss,a Thai man would have slapped her all over the place for such things,they know we will not. I will now wait until she calls me,as it is a budda weekend i doubt i will see her,so what,i will not be sitting here pining for her,i have a good supply of beer and smokes,and food,herein lies the key,never RELY ON THAI WOMEN,you will inevitably be dissapointed,rather swing it the other way,you gotta be in the driving seat.

Should be in the top3:

"Appearing to be a good buddhist at the local wat."

Or as it was in the 19th century for  christians: a pillar of the church.

• Like 2