The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Wise Old Owl.

I agree.There was a sense of comradeship-of something shared rather then a daily dollop of schadenfreude which (unfortunately) is often ones's lot there.

Just to keep folks informed...you may recall that I mentioned an infection which was consuming what was left of my leg.

It turns out to be MRSA and it is a hell of a thing to treat necessitating huge amounts of bed rest..so naturally I turn to see what my friends are doing on TV..

Once that is cleared up then it is on to the heart..

The Aussies are doing okay..altho' I wished they smiled more...

THE BEER IS GOOD..lots of boutique breweries now and the wine's not bad either...

Drinking alcohol while you have heartissues, not very smart.

9 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

The last I heard was that he was lining himself up for a good job and leading the life of Riley (I jest) but that was some months ago.....

Good to hear you are doing well Ody. Good luck in Feb and keep us posted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Hey Rhodie...good to hear from you-I

knew that you were still lurking out there somewhere!

That means that most of the gang are still here which,after all the help you guys gave me,is a very good thing.

I am 64 today.There was a time there when I did not think that I was gonna make it....

God must have a plan for you.

8 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Hey Rhodie...good to hear from you-I

knew that you were still lurking out there somewhere!

That means that most of the gang are still here which,after all the help you guys gave me,is a very good thing.

I am 64 today.There was a time there when I did not think that I was gonna make it....

Well, I hope there are many more ahead for you. Look after yourself mate and have a great day. :partytime2:

• Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 1:36 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Wise Old Owl.

I agree.There was a sense of comradeship-of something shared rather then a daily dollop of schadenfreude which (unfortunately) is often ones's lot there.

Just to keep folks informed...you may recall that I mentioned an infection which was consuming what was left of my leg.

It turns out to be MRSA and it is a hell of a thing to treat necessitating huge amounts of bed rest..so naturally I turn to see what my friends are doing on TV..

Once that is cleared up then it is on to the heart..

The Aussies are doing okay..altho' I wished they smiled more...

THE BEER IS GOOD..lots of boutique breweries now and the wine's not bad either...

Decent sausages, bacon and pies too I hope.

Sorry to hear it is MRSA, difficult indeed.

Anyway you are getting the care you need and very good to get updates from you and a chance for a little exchange in TV once again.

Wish you well and heart ops are much more routine then in yesteryear, so don't worry too much. It is still major surgery and you will need more bed rest.

A good opportunity for some reading.

All the best G.

PS. Only The Dark Lord is missing. News from him would be nice, although as you said we shouldn't worry too much...

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 6:11 AM, Odysseus123 said:

Update.

I have been gone for 8 months now.

The stepson still hasn't got a job but he is only 25 so no rush,eh?

The stepdaughter has extended her farcical university course for another 2 years-making 6 in all.

The BiL continues to skive off his wife and daughter who sell some food at the local market.

Now..the good news.I have not wasted a single dollar,baht,shekel,drachma or any other form of currency on a Thai for 34 weeks! 

My Asians Anonymous program is clearly working..

Well done! I hope your health is staying in check. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Good one 

It goes to show that once they have all, as in a fully paid property/house & ect they can easily revert back to the days they were use to

Not to mention their inbuilt self destuction switch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rhodie said:

Good to hear @Odysseus123. View looks good. Keep enjoying the red wine. :smile:

Thanks cobber-a good glass of decent wine cures many ills-or so I tell my doctors!

With luck,I am going to be heading off to the Hunter Valley in a fortnight for a decent meal,a pleasant cuddle,and a bottle (or two) of Bold Ned.:smile:

• Like 2

So my BIL has litrually got stage fright since he purchased this pick up. Does not even attempt to drive it 200 metres onto the farm. His dad's distraught as he agreed with his wife's constant nagging to let her lend him half the cash. Moms calling my Mrs telling her to pretend the cash was hers in an attempt to get him to just do some work. There's got to be 800 ripe mangos ready to be picked on their farm and no one's bothering. I'm tempted to get down there myself and pick them. Makes me sick to the stomach the thought of all those mangoes just rotting. The funniest thing that happened this week though was my Mrs sister telling the Mrs how their brother had began talking about needing a tractor!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So my BIL has litrually got stage fright since he purchased this pick up. Does not even attempt to drive it 200 metres onto the farm. His dad's distraught as he agreed with his wife's constant nagging to let her lend him half the cash. Moms calling my Mrs telling her to pretend the cash was hers in an attempt to get him to just do some work. There's got to be 800 ripe mangos ready to be picked on their farm and no one's bothering. I'm tempted to get down there myself and pick them. Makes me sick to the stomach the thought of all those mangoes just rotting. The funniest thing that happened this week though was my Mrs sister telling the Mrs how their brother had began talking about needing a tractor!

He certainly appears to have developed 'work' fright.

Whilst there were many delightful things about Isaan-the amount of work fright amongst Thai males was truly amazing.

Unless one considers constant bludging as work-they certainly put a lot of time and effort into it.

• Like 2