The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

"Unfortunately,I now believe I was in the long con.."

Yes that is the crux of the matter and one that I have to figure out for myself.On the one hand was the "I lub you.." business and on the other was the very definite downgrading of the bill paying foreigner to inferior status in comparison to the self entitled sociopaths,slugs and sloths that infested the place.

To repeat tho,another section of this family was dishing out exactly the same stuff to a hardworking Thai man a few houses down the road.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Just at FILS today and the prince is slumped watching some crappy tv show while both his parents are working on the farm. All he does is yawn every 10 minutes. I'm thinking a car for a non driver may have some benefits lol.

Well my time is nearly up we got here at 1pm and it's now 5ish. First time I been here since I wrote the post about him.

All doors are locked upstairs as things are going missing at an alarming rate. Where is Bicycle? he says it's broken I say ok where is it? That was last exchange we shared. 

It is a dilemma: should we help people that will pass on part of our help to others that are not worth being helped?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Thank you for the sympathy.

But I do hope that when you say I seem to be one of the few sincere ones here you are not refering to this thread! Lots of sincere posters here! You may want to choose your words more carefully.

Why I stay with my wife? Good memories, hope, and because I am 66 and too tired too start over. It is this or nothing - but yes it might well end as nothing.

Only you know which situation is/will be more tiresome, to stay in which you know or start anew. 

Take care.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Get to an AA meeting quick you dim wit. Your the one with the most problems here I suspect. I continue to furnish your bitter remarks where most put you on ignore. It's those few remarks you say that make me certain your that nut job from the family forum. What's his name? Yh you know who you are as do I Ben. Lol absolute fruitcake.

Ohh, now i am somebody else. Seek help before your paranoia damages the ones around you.

Stay clean.

To add, people, as you wrote, who put me on ignore are most likely afraid of the truth they do not want to read. So there is hope for you. Time will tell but first, stay clean !

Edited by Been there done that
Incomplete post

10 hours ago, oldhippy said:

About the "long con".

I do not believe in that, as it would require a long term plan - in Thailand?

Seriously...

Most Thais are poor and uneducated, with no hope for a better future, no social security, no decent health care, no tradition of fighting for their rights. They live from day to day. Then comes along a "rich" farang who in their eyes is too keenoi to share his wealth with the family. Result: irritation and resentment.

Old Hippy,

I am having some problems with this line of defense because it was one I heard many times generally in shortened form.."But you are rich and we are poor.."

It did not seem to  me to be a sufficient explanation of the phenomenon that I was observing.

In nearly every case involving "white knights" around where I lived sufficient funds were placed at their disposal to improve the quality of housing,education,technical training and  transport and there was also the opportunity to learn English as well if desired.

There was only one teenager/young adult male who grabbed this opportunity with both hands and ran with it.The rest were perfectly happy to dodge school,fritter away a useless existence at a so-called university,refuse to seek any form of employment and spend their days on facebook/line doing sweet FA.

So,as far as this group was concerned, my response to the "we are poor" argument was.."You made your bed now you can <deleted> lie on it."

Which,I must admit,they appeared perfectly content to do as long as they could cadge money from somewhere.

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Well, glad to see the thread back on track .

Ody and DL , despite their health issues, are moving along nicely and certainly have proven to those who've had enough of Thailand ( not me !, not yet ) that there is chance to return back to your roots and still be happy !!

New posters ( to this thread )coming out of the woodwork, enjoying Thaibeachlovers input on the NHS , always good to have remarks from someone with first hand knowledge of the remarkable ( IMHO ) work that our NHS doctors and nurses do. Admittedly there always be horror stories regarding the NHS but from what I've seen recently ( taking my 88 yo father for various treatments, including a pacemaker fitting ) there is still some very good work being done.

Rc2702 is still suffering from " poisonous BIL disease " and to add insult to injury has to deal with some rowdy posters, although I think the latest discussion could be more classed as friendly banter than anything else.

The rest, OH, Rhodie, AJ, George and Owl ? ( and others )are just going through the motions trying to keep their heads above water !!

As for me, I'm just starting out my journey but who knows I might be back in a few years to join the disgruntled lot of you !!

As I said before, I've been there done that ( sorry Rc ) and trying my best not to make the same mistakes again , not always easy.

But, for sure, if my life takes a downward spiral and history repeats itself you, my fellow TV posters, will be the first to hear about it emoji51.png

I just wonder if you will take any notice of all the stories in this thread?

If you don't, like most, then I agree you will replace someone in a few years time, as it seems you expect to do.

"Going through the motions" is actually understanding what goes on and trying to deal with it, and avoid the traps after many years of experience.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

Live AND learn.

:shock1:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think I can contribute to this discussion with some actual experience having been a staff nurse for over 20 years, and having worked in the NHS for 10 years.

No nurse that actually cares about their patients only works the paid hours, or only does what is in the job description. Sadly, while the great mass of people don't give as much as a thought to health workers till they need them, the patients themselves are sometimes the most ungrateful, demanding, and sometimes really horrible people put on the earth, not forgetting the occasional relatives/ friends that treat staff like c***.

I loved the job, but sometimes the people made it a horrid job, and that included the bullies among the senior staff. In the end, I survived by taking a theatre job that required minimal contact with patients, zero contact with relatives/ friends. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the bullying problem.

Not to say that there weren't some really nice patients, that were a pleasure to look after, but many had zero gratitude for the sacrifices we all made. I don't think any ward nurse does it for the money, as it's pitiful, for what nurses do. Likewise, the vast majority of nurses I worked with were wonderful and among the nicest people I know, but the rotten ones made life far more difficult than it needed to be.

It wasn't till I left the service that I realised just how toxic a job it is. I would certainly never recommend it as a career choice to any young person.

When I first started in the NHS many agency nurses were Aussies on OE, and did a great job, but the politicians decided to stop that because it cost too much paying agencies, and made hospitals mainly employ permanent staff, even if they were not as well trained as the Aussies. They also made many stupid economic decisions like contracting out ward cleaning, which led to filthy wards.

The big problems for the NHS as I see it are:

consultants have far too much power

management is incompetent, and too many managers

more interested in fancy buildings than patient care

too many people getting free treatment that were not British ( that may have changed ).

too much political interference

One problem that few of you will know is that the method of training nurses has changed from in hospital to university, which has been, IMO, a disaster, and a reduction in the number of dedicated nurses, requiring the importation of many overseas nurses, like the Phillipinos. The Phillipines trains far too many nurses to work in the Phillipines, with the intention that they will work overseas and send money home. I worked with many of them, and they are qualified, hard working nurses, but their culture is very different in the ward.

I could write enough for an entire thread on this subject, but I'll leave it there.

If any want some expansion on any aspect, only have to ask.

Thanks for a valuable contribution.

As an agency nurse were you paid at normal NHS rates, that is including the agency fee?

Were you trained for free in the UK?

I could write a considerably lengthy opinion on how the NHS has been funded and managed since it came to be almost 70 years ago.

But we are not talking politics.

:whistling:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I know, from experience, that failed relationships can be, and often are, painful and I wish all the followers of this thread the best of luck in their paths to peace and happiness.

Where did the poisonous brother-inlaw play part.

Edited by Kwasaki

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

In Thailand many relations fail NOT because of wrong choice of partners, but because of family. (not only BiL)

You may want to read post #1.

And the follow up posts.

Well the question wasn't put to you and the person it was has answered and it was 3 brother in-law,  he got himself into that position so up to him to get himself out.