The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

2 hours ago, owl sees all said:

The poisonous Brother in Law has done so well because the posters can see their own predicaments in many of the posts of others. It's 70 pages strong and shows no signs of stopping; because it reflects life for so many in LOS. 

It takes a lot of guts to sometimes say that we got it wrong. That we were perhaps seeking something that was unobtainable, that things in LOS are not always rosy for some a lot (maybe most) of the time.

Very empty words again You give the impression that you are happy in your neo-bhudda life but somehow I doubt it. I think you are seeing our posts reflecting your own life; yes!!?? We are here for you bro'. Just take that fist brave step.

Total crap but your full of that sort of posts arnet you. You know nothing of me exept your self formed idiotic opinions. A very very sad sad life you leed indeed. To please the gathering wolves i will leave this drivelling thread to wander off in whatever directions you take it. Got to wonder about some threads are closed down for going so far of topic yet this one seems to be left to morph.

So please carry on with your drivel, back slapping feel good thread LOL.

Free speach and free thoughts indeed on TV NOT.

Just now, Spaniel said:

I would wager the one thing they all had in common was that they married a ex-bar girl or at least someone involved in the sex trade.      

You may be correct but even thai men suffer such fates and not just farmers. Jakkritt the olympian being one such example. I'd like to know more OSA. Seems very odd that 4/5 farangs have met their fates in less than normal circumstances. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I would wager the one thing they all had in common was that they married a ex-bar girl or at least someone involved in the sex trade.

Absolutely bang on the money there S.

I don't want it to sound as though it is an everyday occurance. Only two happened this year.  The other two were in 2015.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

Just now, owl sees all said:

Absolutely bang on the money there S.

I don't want it to sound as though it is an everyday occurance. Only two happened this year.  The other two were in 2015.

So that's the only differential. And 4 over 2 years in such a small town/village? Seems industrial.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

The Wild West ..I wish you would share some of those stories with us.

Not a bad idea. A new post entitled; "True stories from the LOL."

Aussie Mark was a shock. A couple of months before his passing he said something like "I want you to have one of my ATM cards. It's got a few baht in it. If anything should happen I want you to see 'Jin' OK."

Jin was the youngest daughter from his gf (long term). He told me she was the only one in the family that really cared for him. There was two million baht in the account.

I went back to UK for 6 weeks and he died the week before I got back. Very suspious. He was cremated while his son was on his way over from Perth to persuade him to go back. No idea what happened to the ATM card he mentioned. I am still in touch with his son.

I pass his beautiful house occasionally. I have to hold back the tears when I do.

There is far more but,,,,,,,,, another  thread.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just re-read a few pages. Some sad stuff on this thread.

Time to chill with a beer and some live Jazz from one of the most best bands about

enjoy guys.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Just re-read a few pages. Some sad stuff on this thread.

Time to chill with a beer and some live Jazz from one of the most best bands about

enjoy guys.

for you Mr Owl, chill with a Stevie Wonder wonder song ......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Give it a rest!

The worst women I ever met was my ex western partner, the hag from hell, that back stabbed and took me for far more than any other rat bag I ever knew.

She was certainly nothing to do with the sex trade.

I was only referring to the 4 cases mentioned  in the post made by owl sees all,  not every couple on earth.

1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

Most dupes I have seen are from the bar or from girls that have been previously bar related. Over ten years, I have seen millions of baht drained from friends and much worse in hurt and corruption of the soul; once again, 95% of these people came from the bar or had some doing/activity with a bar. 

'It cannot happen to me'.

'I am too smart for this'.

'She loves me'.

'The family treats me as one of the fold'.

Lord, the list goes on and on and on. Wives when getting tired of the husband telling them to take the older sister on as a Mai Noi. Mostly from the bar. Others, if they did not spend money on the bar girl, they would have never stayed. I in the past have been guilty as charged on that count and it cost me money. I learned from that point on. 

As for myself, have been in hospital for two days being ultra loved and fussed over by the wife. Had to have a small thing done (gastroscopy). Starting to feel better now and happy to see everyone on this thread doing fine. We all have mucked up somehow, but we are making it to the end of each day. Only to look at Anne Boleyn; she had a messy ending but look at what Elizabeth, her daughter did. We can never be sure of the future; we are going to die, but none of us think it is going to be us that old Grim is looking for. I have made my bed here in Thailand, I have health problems, but I am sure I am going to die of natural causes.

I see my fair share of success stories; I have friends married to nurses, doctors, teachers, lawyers, and life is going well for them. My wife is educated, and I am so low-so (well not in education) that I cannot fit into most social groups. That is the only thing I do not like about my current life. Just the Face value of things. I have no value to others both Thai and farang and it is noted and boy, do they know how to 'note' these things well.

The other day, a University student came to our home and asked if he could interview me for his school project. So for about 30 minutes, we spoke, and he taped the interview, and his mother was with us. We talked about my life and my education and the such. His English was not too bad. Then at the end of the interview, he got down on his knees and waied to me. I told him not to do that, but he said my education was so high and that he had asked five other farangs in the village if he could interview them for his project and they all said NO to him as they were too busy to talk to him. Our village is small and he told me he felt so bad each time he tried and was told no. It is a pretty easy way to sow seeds into a young mind us farangs have no time for the younger generation that is trying to get ahead.

Fair play for giving him the time but I hope he sees the value in never giving up and to keep trying as on his 6th attempt he got a yes and learning how to deal with rejection is an invaluable skill.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spaniel said:

Spaniel,

I think that your's is a very good observation.I would say that in my area it was about 70% but of these all the wives were displaying a "boom or bust" form of behaviour-live high on the hog,distributing the largesse to the family and/ friends and moving on if the money dried up.

"Corruption of the soul"?Yes indeed:I witnessed the effects of that form of behaviour on foreigners and it could be quite devastating usually leading to withdrawal,increasing isolation and alienation and,in some cases,alcoholism.

Edited by Odysseus123
spelling
  • Haha 1

I am happy for you LukAJ.

You found a gem.

And as you say "" the ability to break-up whenever we want is probably what is holding us together"" - a good suggestion to others: don't get officially married, do only the monk thing (or nothing at all).

For those over 40, having children (again) is also not a good idea. Neither is investing all your money in Thailand.

To most farangs freedom - emotionally and financially - is a basic need.

It is an essential part of our culture.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am happy for you LukAJ.

You found a gem.

And as you say "" the ability to break-up whenever we want is probably what is holding us together"" - a good suggestion to others: don't get officially married, do only the monk thing (or nothing at all).

For those over 40, having children (again) is also not a good idea. Neither is investing all your money in Thailand.

To most farangs freedom - emotionally and financially - is a basic need.

It is an essential part of our culture.

Your last 2 sentences, you are incorrect about the "emotional" part. I wager that nearly all who got burnt, they were not in check of their emotions. This applies too for many who claim to be in a happy relationship. No way out. Have seen and heard it from many foreigners but later they said, when due to several incidents, should have left way earlier.

For me i need to stay strong to stick at play, pay, optional, as i go. Soulmates are extremely difficult to "find" overhere.

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Obviously, to marry a prostitute who is extra schooled in the art of deceit does not improve the odds of a successful mariage...

I did not marry a bar girl, and yet experience the same problems - albeit on a much lower scale than other posters.

Part of the problem are the unrealistic expectations of our Thai wives who think we are soooooooooo rich. Even if they understand that we are not so rich, they will not be able to convince their family of this / they will not try to convince them, as face is involved.

And of course farang expectations of romantic eternal love are just as irrealistic.

Furtermore, Thais usually have no savings (other than land) and no social security system, so when they genuinely need money (accident, funeral, bussines) they will expect money from the "rich" farang. They will resent us if we "don't take care" of them.

Add to that, no planning for the future, the paternalist culture, face, lack of education, a religion based on monks, the concept of "getting lucky", that few Thais raise above.

I do not think that most Thais have bad intentions.

It is all rather a big cultural misunderstanding + snowball effect.

But the results are the same.

Cultural misunderstanding, yeah right, make even allowances for bad/evil behaviour under that guise. Thais damn well know the difference between good and bad. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Obviously, to marry a prostitute who is extra schooled in the art of deceit does not improve the odds of a successful mariage...

I did not marry a bar girl, and yet experience the same problems - albeit on a much lower scale than other posters.

Part of the problem are the unrealistic expectations of our Thai wives who think we are soooooooooo rich. Even if they understand that we are not so rich, they will not be able to convince their family of this / they will not try to convince them, as face is involved.

And of course farang expectations of romantic eternal love are just as irrealistic.

Furtermore, Thais usually have no savings (other than land) and no social security system, so when they genuinely need money (accident, funeral, bussines) they will expect money from the "rich" farang. They will resent us if we "don't take care" of them.

Add to that, no planning for the future, the paternalist culture, face, lack of education, a religion based on monks, the concept of "getting lucky", that few Thais raise above.

I do not think that most Thais have bad intentions.

It is all rather a big cultural misunderstanding + snowball effect.

But the results are the same.

Spot on!

An excellent analysis of the existing cultural clash.

You are also quite correct about it being a "no fault" situation-more of who reverts first to the "default" cultural setting and what happens after that....

• Like 1

You used the only weapon that farangs have, and that is not to get married, so they know that the ATM can walk away at any time.
My troubles only happened after we got married.
If I could go back in time it'd be a village wedding, so legally meaningless. She'd keep her "face", but know not to pull any BS.

I do think there could be another weapon sort of speak, married or not, I will always make sure I can walk away and leave all my possessions behind. Many farang want to fight for their share and this could literally cost them their life. If you can't do that you are trapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2