Places To Find A Girlfriend In Bkk?

okay, before i start with this thread, let me post a little introduction: i'm 21 years old, i will be working for my own company here in Bangkok for the next at least 3 years (yes, i do have the appropriate visa, dont worry).

i've only been here for 6 weeks now, so i'm quite new here in BKK and i am looking for some places to find an average thai girl for a long term relationship. not a bar girl type girl who is only after a one night stand. i've dont the one night stand things countless times and its just not the same. i know i can go down to Nana Plaza or whatever bar and find a girl within minutes, but the chance of finding a "normal" girlfriend is one in ten thousand. i know, we all have different opinions on what is a normal or average girlfriend and for me its not the bargirl type.

maybe the places i should be looking for are the more upscale places in BKK? i've seen the thread at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6209 where someone recommended HardRockCafe, Spasso, Rivas, Tapas, etc. but i'm not sure which would be a good place to start looking.

note i dont mind at all if the girl doesnt want to go back to my room the first night or doesnt even want to kiss on the first date, but i'm not looking for a hooker either.

i hope someone can point a bangkok newbie into the right direction :o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... You've been in bangkok 6 weeks and u havnt seen any normal girls?

One of the soi's on silom road between patpong and that Jap street has a bunch of bars where "normal office girls" go after work, if ya head down there @ about 8pm yer sure to find one that will want a good rammin and to stay in touch beyond the following morning...

Honestly, i've been a bit busy with work lately too, so that adds to it. Gotta make a living somehow, right? :D Two questions: Where/what is RCA? Would you know what soi number on silom? I've been there quite a few times but silom is a long street. Sorry for the dumb questions ..one day i will look back at this and laugh my butt off, but i figure you guys have some more knowledge than me around here. :o

To bad you're not in the US. A 21 year old with his own business...###### now thats hard to find here. ooooh shucks, im not a normal girl myself. :o hehehe I find myself very different. Dont wanna be the same as others. It gets too boring.

I suggest that you just do like you would do in the USA. Find a hobby. Enjoy it. Meet people with that same hobby. If you like tennis, go to tennis courts. If you like scuba diving, then take some trips. There are many Thai girls who would enjoy getting to know someone from a foreign country who likes the same hobbies as they do.

Dradam has the best advice. Many of the 'upscale girls' are just as 'naughty' as the bargirls if not 'naughtier'. Don't let money and middle class fool you.

Mbkudu, did you notice that he is the same age than your niece.

Where does she go with her friends to have fun?

My son who is also 21 was (when he had no girlfriend,...) usually going to RCA, Silom Soi 4 for dancing. World Trade Centre or other big malls for ice skating, bowling,...

Dradam has the best advice for sure....if you meet up with someone while you are both doing somehting you like to do eg diving, taking photos, parachuting, bike riding etc etc......then at least you will have something in common. One sure way to meet girls is to do a tour out of Thailand for a week if you can afford the time. Book it through a Thai travel agent. There are sure to be 'normal Thai girls' on the tour. But seriously you dont need to go to that much trouble. Just take your time and you will see how !! :o

maybe the places i should be looking for are the more upscale places in BKK? i've seen the thread at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6209 where someone recommended HardRockCafe, Spasso, Rivas, Tapas, etc. but i'm not sure which would be a good place to start looking.

Oh darling, darling, I wish I was younger now. Oops, scratch that.

Pretty slim chances to meet a so-called normal girl for a long term relationship at Hard Rock Cafe. I and my dear met there. It took us a very very very long time to gain trust from each other. :D

As for Spasso, very nice place. I just went there last Tuesday. It was packed and there were lots of good looking girls. Less prostitutes than Hard Rock Cafe.

Riva's? What Riva's? I thought this place was dead ages ago? Not yet? :o

Finding a girl in a bar is not a good idea if you want something long term. Same rules as in the West though really, isn't it?

Do the things you enjoy, make sure you're open and friendly, and take all the chances you can get at meeting new people of both sexes - because an active life increases your chances of finding someone you are compatible with, and if you hang out in environments you really really like, you're bound to eventually meet a nice girl, and you'll feel a lot more confident if you do so in a place where you are on top of things, than in one where you're not.

Also remember that girls your age and below here are a generally a LOT more immature and inexperienced than back home.

yeah you guys are right. well, i met my g/f in the US in a bar ..and it was long term. 3 years, but we separated for some differences we found during that time. maybe i should focus more on the waitress girl in the restaurant across the street who talks to me for half an hour every time i go for dinner. :o:D

maybe once i get rid of the ###### flu or something i catched two days ago ...it kept me in bed for the past 48 hours with pain all over my body and a really bad headache :D

..with thanks from the RainMan (aka. the latest fashion accessory) :D

meadish_sweetball, right on the spot-advise.

Spasso? Well usually it's a business proposal. Riva, may be not yet dead. I hear some BG go there for an upscale-evening, but have to pay a minimum consumption before they can sit down (or up on the bar chair)

I always LOL, when my visitors feel the girls there are much better than on Cowboy, Nana, not knowing that it's their day off when they hop over there. :o

Pretty slim chances to meet a so-called normal girl for a long term relationship at Hard Rock Cafe. I and my dear met there.

Hard Rock Cafe, Lovely.

Do you know your soapdodger for such a LONG time?

I thought noboby over 20 was going there anymore,... :o:D

Riva, may be not yet dead. I hear some BG go there for an upscale-evening, but have to pay a minimum consumption before they can sit down (or up on the bar chair)

I always LOL, when my visitors feel the girls there are much better than on Cowboy, Nana, not knowing that it's their day off when they hop over there. :D

:o Never knew that before, Axel. Last time I went to Riva's... probably several months ago.

Brue, I've known my darling for 17 months now. Our first date was on Christmas Eve 2002. The second was on Christmas 2002. :D And my lovely cat.. I guess you might be a bit confused here. At HRC, there are many people my age. Unlike RCA, where 25-year-old girl will be considered a granny. :D

I guess you might be a bit confused here. At HRC, there are many people my age. Unlike RCA, where 25-year-old girl will be considered a granny. :D

Jeez, happened again.

How come I find the Thai ladies looking so young?

Are you sure, are there ladies over 25 in HRC, I mean besides you? :o:D

why need a bar or pickup joint ? if you speak some thai , project yourself ,look well dressed , and smile you can pick up girls anywhere in town . many are looking for a farang bloke anyway so its not like you have to climb a mountain to get your leg over with a non bargirl....i seem to collect young gals all over the place ...office workers ,dental nurses ...and they are all hot for the cock !!

so get out there and make a fool of yourself ... dont be shy ...

Jeez, happened again.

How come I find the Thai ladies looking so young?

Are you sure, are there ladies over 25 in HRC, I mean besides you? :D  :D

You know, I wouldn't scream because it's you asking this question. :o Sure, dear. I've met more than a few who are older than me. :D

tread carefully though lad, you'll be easy prey for a lot of girls in this here country. :o

i kinda noticed that, yeah. you should see me walking a few soi's up to foodland at 1am. its quite a show, i'm telling you.. :D and my thai sucks to be honest, it goes as far as hello, one, two, three and a few more things. :D at least the tylenol is kicking in and i'm feeling better..

what is ur perceptions of a good gal ?? If you really fancy tat gal any gal will be good gal to you. My mum ever told me that " you can marry a bar gal as wife but dun ever bring ur wife to become bar gal"

i think i didn't write it the right way. dont get me wrong, i'm not picky, not at all. in the contrary, i prefer a good conversation and smart mind over a cute face any day, after all its what you have to live with when you turn off the lights at night. what i meant is not someone who's looking for a "customer", but a relationship. i know i can go to nana plaza to meet a girl if i want to, but the mt. everest of odds is stacked against me in that case. so i was looking more for a normal place where average girls, not hookers looking for customers, go to..

:o