Keep your gates closed! Dog owners told to be more responsible after another little girl is savaged by a vicious pet dog

webfact

5 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think you are right. Took a vet having to tell some of my friends here that cooked bones are not good for dogs to eat. Not to mention they actually think the 90% rice diet is doing good for the dog. And we wonder why most dogs have shocking coats and deformities in their limbs...mostly due to the diet I believe. I wash my dog once a year here and the locals cant seem to understand why my dog looks different from theirs. 

Once a year - wow! it must be in pristine condition!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, sambum said:

Once a year - wow! it must be in pristine condition!

Livestock guardian dog. Designed to be washed once in its lifetime or never in its lifetime. But I will do it once a year to keep the Mrs happy. Self cleaning coat, the Thai in-laws and vet are amazed by it. Obviously don't get too many in my city. 

Washing them, or any dog for that matter, too often is not good for the coat. Destroys the natural oils. 

Diet is what is best for the coat. 

27 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Livestock guardian dog. Designed to be washed once in its lifetime or never in its lifetime. But I will do it once a year to keep the Mrs happy. Self cleaning coat, the Thai in-laws and vet are amazed by it. Obviously don't get too many in my city. 

Washing them, or any dog for that matter, too often is not good for the coat. Destroys the natural oils. 

Diet is what is best for the coat. 

"Designed to be washed once in its lifetime"? And when would that be?

I do agree with your last 2 sentences though! 

11 minutes ago, sambum said:

"Designed to be washed once in its lifetime"? And when would that be?

I do agree with your last 2 sentences though! 

That was a throw away line I once heard a vet say about a similar breed. It seems if you say never, people do not believe you. I also find the once in a lifetime a ridiculous statement, but it for whatever reason helps people get on board with the concept. 

Edited by wildewillie89

15 hours ago, David Walden said:

A dog lovers lament....

Now I know I'm a bit of an exhibionist but on my morning walks along 6/8 km of Cha-am beach, when I get to near the bridge on the way to the  fishing boat harbour there are about 50 to 100 of the most obnoxious  mongrel looking soi dogs that belong to no one, some are often seen attacking or biting tourists and that's each day, there are many more around town in other areas (like Southern Cha-am Beach or everywhere.  When walking I carry a 5 ft  good whacking stick which I whack on the ground and shout loudly at any dog that come near, they run???  5555.   I also sometimes take aim at any shady looking dogs with one of the up to 4 nice size rocks I carry in my pocket... I wear solid shoes which are very good for kicking dogs if need be ( not yet).  All the Thais with food carts etc. nearby think this is funny, I do also but yes/no, yes/no.  I have managed so far not to get bitten.  Two friends did get bitten not long ago, one in Cha-am and one in Ban Phae.  It cost Bt5000.00 for a course of anti rabies injections one at Cha-am Hospital and one at Rayong Hospital...good way for the hospital to help pay their bills.  I think that is perhaps the motive??? Hmmmm  5555 

PS... Most tourists in Cha-am are not as silly as me, they have given up morning walks ( and afternoon walks also)   TIT only in Thailand...still love the place.  I will fight the good fight.

But doing that just to have a walk. Makes you wonder Who are the citizens In Thailand you or the dogs?

6 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

But doing that just to have a walk. Makes you wonder Who are the citizens In Thailand you or the dogs?

Definitely not the Farang; beware kicking a dog may trigger some opportunistic reaction from some nearby Thai(s).

55 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

Definitely not the Farang; beware kicking a dog may trigger some opportunistic reaction from some nearby Thai(s).

55 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

Yep i believe that Yeah well it dont go down well with some Thais when u try to defend yourself Poor doggies