Thai police spokesman says Belgian tourist died from suffocation

1 hour ago, bannork said:

Elise had  2 post-mortems  and was cremated with officials present from the Belgian embassy.

DAMNED FACTS!!  Always ruining the conspiracy fun!

Edited by ThaiWai

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Reminds me of the Bhuddafield cult. Young, intelligent people brainwashed and manipulated by a charismatic leader.

But is this topic dedicated to the criticism of beliefs and the ngullibility of the disciples or a place to debate a supposed suicide? Or a murder?

If, as the police say, it is a suicide and not a murder, how is this guru involved? If one suspects him of murder, then one abandons the assertion of suicide? This is not very consistent!

3 minutes ago, nasanews said:

Jesus get a life man!

Not to sharp when it comes to sarcasm are you mate? And my name is not Jesus.  It's Phil McKrackin.  I predict this shot goes over your bow also...some people.

2 minutes ago, Lamar said:

But is this topic dedicated to the criticism of beliefs and the ngullibility of the disciples or a place to debate a supposed suicide? Or a murder?

If, as the police say, it is a suicide and not a murder, how is this guru involved? If one suspects him of murder, then one abandons the assertion of suicide? This is not very consistent!

3 questions perhaps Lamar:

1. Why did Elise suddenly get off the boat at Koh Tao and not continue to Chumpon and ultimately home? Did she receive a phone call from someone perhaps saying they missed her and could she stop off on Koh Tao?

2. But why change her surname and refuse to give her passport number? Was she hiding from someone who had been on the boat?

3.If it was suicide, the guru could possibly have been involved in messing up her head in some way,.

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If this had been an incident overseas and the statement was coming from the UK police I would tend to believe it. Coming as it does from the Thai police, who have difficulty distinguishing their ass from their elbow, AND it happened on Koh Tao, I am deeply suspicious. Suicide was the first thing they came out with, before they knew any background information whatsoever, and I fully expect them to stick with that, regardless of what any actual evidence might throw up. Can't go giving Thailand a bad name for the tourists now can we?

I've lost the thread but is this the girl whom's body was found half eaten by lizards? How does this not determine a an estimated date of death?

Some interesting posts in this discussion. To me, it comes back to the fact that Koh Tao has way too many poorly explained deaths to be considered normal. From the moment the words "A Thai could not have done this" were uttered in the B2 case, you just knew the local cops had no interest in the truth and that most likely they knew what had gone down and were under orders to whitewash it. Very few were subsequently surprised when two Burmese got fitted up with it. Perhaps the protests should have been stronger back then for real truth, but we didn't really understand what we were dealing with at that point.

There are too many inconsistencies with this story for it to be considered an open and shut case, especially given where it happened, and the polices, late in the day interest in others, a highly dubious cause of death of a body partially munched on by a lizard or two and persons who left the Island very conveniently. I believe that only when there is a total boycott by tourists, of the island, forcing the honest people on the Island, who clearly all know what is going on, to speak up or go broke, will we ever get to find out the real truth of the matter.

Edited by darksidedog

"He said her relatives have looked through he evidence and were cleared of suspicion of murder."

Didn't realise they were suspects anyway? Weren't they in Belgium at the time of her "suffocation"?

2 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Some interesting posts in this discussion. To me, it comes back to the fact that Koh Tao has way too many poorly explained deaths to be considered normal. From the moment the words "A Thai could not have done this" were uttered in the B2 case, you just knew the local cops had no interest in the truth and that most likely they knew what had gone down and were under orders to whitewash it. Very few were subsequently surprised when two Burmese got fitted up with it. Perhaps the protests should have been stronger back then for real truth, but we didn't really understand what we were dealing with at that point.

There are too many inconsistencies with this story for it to be considered an open and shut case, especially given where it happened, and the polices, late in the day interest in others, who left the Island very conveniently. I believe that only when there is a total boycott by tourists, of the island, forcing the honest people on the Island, who clearly all know what is going on, to speak up or go broke, will we ever get to find out the real truth of the matter.

Deep down I knew that you had some credability in the intricate world of the late night poster ?

One has to ask the question why the police in Thailand are always in such a rush to cremate the bodies in these cases - especially of tourists where there are relatives that need time to get here and the fact that the investigations should be even more thorough given they are dealing with foreign citizens where the Embassy should take a keen interest in checking the facts and the police be as transparent as possible.  The fact that the opposite is the fact is highly suspicious I'd say.

darksidedog-  the words of W.H.Auden may be relevant here: 

Musee des Beaux Arts

W. H. Auden

About suffering they were never wrong,
The old Masters: how well they understood
Its human position: how it takes place
While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;
How, when the aged are reverently, passionately waiting
For the miraculous birth, there always must be
Children who did not specially want it to happen, skating
On a pond at the edge of the wood:
They never forgot
That even the dreadful martyrdom must run its course
Anyhow in a corner, some untidy spot
Where the dogs go on with their doggy life and the torturer's horse
Scratches its innocent behind on a tree.

In Breughel's Icarus, for instance: how everything turns away
Quite leisurely from the disaster; the ploughman may

Have heard the splash, the forsaken cry,
But for him it was not an important failure; the sun shone
As it had to on the white legs disappearing into the green
Water, and the expensive delicate ship that must have seen
Something amazing, a boy falling out of the sky,
Had somewhere to get to and sailed calmly on.

Koh Tao pub crawl.jpg

pissed up.jpg

1 minute ago, tukkytuktuk said:

This guru ain't cheap. Full workshop 9,999 baht. Workshop? What's he building on Phangnan? The plot thickens.

tmp_6605-10659046_778289178897488_1840357383449430931_o.png625913413.jpg

time to put the working rags on and be the person for the 'foreign' people methinks .......

and be the rabbit in the moon, maybe a few Thais can be dragged in as well .....

4 minutes ago, nasanews said:

Aha now I know what does topic closed mean.

so you recognised the guy in the picture as well?

English not your first language?

Edited by sandrabbit

12 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

so you recognised the guy in the picture as well?

English not your first language?

English my be loved easy communication language between mankind and mankind and other creatures but I was born with a native mother of all languages.

Keep it a secret if you know please for the sake of common interest.

One cannot but feel sad after reading about another tragic ending in paradise. It happened / happens too often to be plausible. A beautiful looking girl  in a beach hut without security? I am angry at these girls playing with their fate. If the so called 'guru' was indeed needed for questioning, why was he not culled from wherever and sent back. Can you imagine your daughter to end up in such tragic manner? Problem : Too many Europeans still believe they are in a save haven where nothing can happen to them. Time to wake up. africasiaeuro

2 hours ago, Bigdogfarang said:

Easily explained I don't want to post the whole theory again here - but short version - suicidal girl left for mainland in a terrible mental state - Got off at ko toa on a whim - stayed at guesthouse took sleeinng pill overdoes - knocked over lamp started fire - this brought her round and she fled - bought ticket to Bkk but a day later suicidal thoughts returned - goes into jungle and hangs herself - third attempt first was trying to jump in front of a train and was saved - put yourself in the mind of a tortured soul who contemplating suicide and all her actions make sense .. police delay release of story and try to suppress it as last thing they need is another ko Tao farang death reported end of story 

Did an autopsy report indicate an overdose of any drug.... or is this speculation?

she was said (elsewhere herein) to be in good health and spirit... not suicidal.

and... that the police covered this up ( delayed release... great wording that) is a very concerning issue. This one issue alone, leads people to believe it's not a suicide.

then add in all the history, and it's really not so easy to explain.

1 hour ago, ThaiWai said:

Bullcrap.  You can hang yourself seated on the floor.

Yes, right! - even if not the most "classical" or easy way...

But the force exerted by gravity in the case of a suicide may be indistinguishable from the force exerted manually in the case of a murder (by pulling the victim by her feet); a force is a vectorial quantity, whatever its cause, when it is exercised with the same intensity and in the same direction.

Well, at Great risk of being Trolled, ... I think that the B2 are probably guilty, because of the Way the crime was committed.  ... Beaten to death with a rake, I believe !!! …  Have you ever tried to beat someone to death, with a rake !!! This is a REAQLY Horrendous and Verbose way to do it !!! …  I think that if it was a Thai Villain, they would have done it quietly, like just quietly strangled them.

Burma (And I have been there many times) is a pretty politically dangerous, and well, quite aggressive in the politics, and approach to Life (And Death) ways !!! … Like a Place where Hundreds was it, Monks were shot in the street fairly recently, not to mention the continuing on going extremely hard on the civilians, Civil wars there !!! ... Like the People from there are Naturally, Hardened also … Unlike around here where if the son falls of his Motor bike, this is the worst thing that usually happens !!!

Have any of you read the report when the two probably enslaved, Burmese Fishermen, murdered the American I think it was ? Or UK, Man ? On his Yatch moored somewhere off Phuket (And Near fishing boats) . And his Naked Wife was very Lucky (And also smart enough) to power off while picking up the anchor at the same time, and escape with her Life .. It is a few years ago now, a HORENDOUS Stabbing Murder. (She let the Young Men off emotionally as she saw them as being enslaved I think, and just trying to escape. Her Husband must have tried to fight with them ???)

But well, the Case of Elise the Danish Woman, found hanging from a tree,  … well I just do not like Conspiracy Theories !!! …  The world is just TOO full of them and the internet worse !!! Tweeted from My Bed !!! … Right !!! … So very well thought out !!! Right ….

But well I am not to Shure about this case. I think that she ?? Was probably ??? / Might have been murdered. ? … A Thai Boy Friend ??? … I do not know.  But certainly the facts, do show that she was REALLY pretty well messed up mentally !!! Like having a ticket to Bangkok … Going Home … but getting of the boat on Ko Tao, and then checking in to a down Hotel, under a false Name !!! ??? … And then her, and 2 other Bungalows Mysteriously Burning down … ???

Though well, … I Also would really like to hear the Interview with that so called Guru, if we ever get one !!! ???

I see No Conspiracy on Ko Tow, but well, possibly a few, like more than one not just one serial killer, …  a whole hand full of people, (Men) sort of Know that they can get away with stuff like that on Ko Tow, …   that they know, that they cannot get away with on the main land. .. (Including a lot of the tourists who know this also) (And I think that the Russian Woman who disappeared fairly recently, probably disappeared as she wanted to Disappear)

Back from the Dead, and Keeping it Clean and rational.

Kram A Smith

1 minute ago, Mark Alexander Smith said:

Have any of you read the report when the two probably enslaved, Burmese Fishermen, murdered the American I think it was ? Or UK, Man ? On his Yatch moored somewhere off Phuket (And Near fishing boats) .

couldn't you make up your mind?