Ostrich meat

Dirk_brijs

Knowing that there are huge Ostrich farms in Thailand and that Ostrich is a main export product from Thailand how is it possible you cant find Ostrich meat anywhere in Thailand

It would be a much better replacement for Beef here in Thailand that the current buffalo they commonly sell....

Ostrich meat also cheaper in Europe then regular beef so price should be cheaper here as well or not?

Anyone know of a place where Ostrich meat is available in Pattaya?

I've seen it in Makro also.  It's frozen and in the area with all of the other weird imported meats such as , alligator (which is very good), turtle (can't beat a good snapper soup) , wild boar and others.

A good question. A few months ago I read a Nat Geographic article about furs and skins, and they mentioned Thai ostrich farming which made me wonder why it didn't feature more prominently here. Maybe it's one of those Thai superstitions or religious things that make it seem unpalatable to many people?

On this ostrich farm in Thailand, workers kill, pluck, and skin the birds by hand. Fashion designers prize ostrich leather as supple, durable, and distinctive, with a texture and pattern created by raised quill follicles. Native to Africa, ostriches are now raised around the world for their skin, feathers, and meat.
Photograph by Paolo Marchetti, Alexia Foundation

Edited by Rimmer
Picture removed as this might be upsetting to some

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

A good question. A few months ago I read a Nat Geographic article about furs and skins, and they mentioned Thai ostrich farming which made me wonder why it didn't feature more prominently here. Maybe it's one of those Thai superstitions or religious things that make it seem unpalatable to many people?

On this ostrich farm in Thailand, workers kill, pluck, and skin the birds by hand. Fashion designers prize ostrich leather as supple, durable, and distinctive, with a texture and pattern created by raised quill follicles. Native to Africa, ostriches are now raised around the world for their skin, feathers, and meat.
Photograph by Paolo Marchetti, Alexia Foundation

I do understand why it wont be popular for Thais as most Thais think eating beef is a bad thing to do and very unhealthy not religious of some sort but I met a lot of older Thais who were raised eating beef is not a good thing to do so I can imagine Ostrich would not change that idea as it both looks and tastes the same.

But as they have it and there is a huge foreign eating market.....???

On 7/3/2017 at 9:22 PM, champers said:

There is an alfresco Thai restaurant that sell ostrich; 2 different dishes. From the Grand Sole hotel on 2nd Rd, head towards Klang and it is just past Centric Sea condo. 

See menu below. I was going to have the venison but it was a little dear.

I asked the waiter if he had frogs legs. Krap he said. Well hop over to the fridge and fetch me a bottle of Leo said I.

20170706_164311.jpg

See menu below. I was going to have the venison but it was a little dear.
I asked the waiter if he had frogs legs. Krap he said. Well hop over to the fridge and fetch me a bottle of Leo said I.
20170706_164311.thumb.jpg.d3b06e1b43ef4c4328e418ae4d8947ee.jpg

Can You explain this funny for the Visa Run Teachers who read TV..[emoji67]‍[emoji310].Tooo Comlex.