Online Shopping

superal

On 7/8/2017 at 0:07 PM, superal said:

Yes they do have English speaking agents . When you call them you will be given options  i.e. press 1 for THAI , Press 2 for English or something like that . Varying degrees of competency but always polite . Regarding returns , Haven't done that yet but came close with a smart tv but turned out I was at fault not understanding correct setup . However they were prepared to take it back with the proviso that all items were inside the packaging as delivered and that is not easy , reckon it was packed by a robot . Could not achieve it and had 1 item loose but as it happened did not matter as I found out what the problem was and all ok .

After a recent purchase of kitchen tools I was asked by Lazada to complete a survey on their online business .You may have read previously that I posted here about the lack of product description in English and that is what I told them . I received 2 email replies , both standard auto replies and the 2nd one asking for a product order number . I wrote back asking " why is it that Lazada do not have a c/s dept; ? and that I do not like speaking to robots . The next day I had a call from their c/s asking me to explain my complaint which I did . The agents replies mostly consisted of " ok I understand , sorry sir " and finally " thankyou for using "Lazada " . There was no constructive discussion but at least they had the courtesy to respond .  

Yeah, I also found out that Thai customer service in general, though able to speak polite English, is not geared to having discussions with customers, instead they learned by rote stock answers such as those you have encountered. But at least in this instance with lazada they were able to verbally deal with you when it comes to returns/complaints and get the ball rolling. Thank you for your detailed input. Very informative.

On 7/8/2017 at 0:30 PM, MickTurator said:

Yes you must get a RMA# code first.

It is very easy to do online, just print out the return label and ALL the relevant info that they need is on that label.

No need for you to add anything extra.

Then you take the parcel to your nearest 7-11 and they give you a proof of posting slip.  No money to pay.

The only annoying bit was that they phoned up and asked for a copy of passport to send a refund.

I refused point blank but they sent the refund anyway.

Thank you for your reply, and the heads up about them asking for a copy of passport before issuing the refund.  Very helpful, good to know. 

(btw, I assume you meant the nearest post office - not 7-11 - when returning the item.)

2 minutes ago, smo said:

(btw, I assume you meant the nearest post office - not 7-11 - when returning the item.)

You have a choice when you print out the return label, either Post Office or 7-11

The post office is 12 kms from my house, 7-11 is 3 kms, so I always choose the latter.

1 hour ago, MickTurator said:

You have a choice when you print out the return label, either Post Office or 7-11

The post office is 12 kms from my house, 7-11 is 3 kms, so I always choose the latter.

Wow, learn something new everyday, didn't know that 7-11 also handles shipping, though I have never seen them in this kind of action....

Another question: why is it that lazada often lists one item (model number) under more than one different pricings? does it concern open box items, clearance, etc.? In the attached example, a particular AOC monitor model is listed under normal price, then next  is listed with a slightly higher price but includes a free flash drive, then listed again one more time with even higher price but "in stock soon."  So what's the catch?

aocmonitor.jpg

8 hours ago, smo said:

Wow, learn something new everyday, didn't know that 7-11 also handles shipping, though I have never seen them in this kind of action....

Another question: why is it that lazada often lists one item (model number) under more than one different pricings? does it concern open box items, clearance, etc.? In the attached example, a particular AOC monitor model is listed under normal price, then next  is listed with a slightly higher price but includes a free flash drive, then listed again one more time with even higher price but "in stock soon."  So what's the catch?

aocmonitor.jpg

Bit of a mystery , have you tried placing them in the shopping trolley and up to the point of purchase because sometimes the product description carries a little bit more info .  I have also seen articles of less value , under 1000 baht , where there will be a brand named product and then following that there are similar non branded generic products at varying prices but much less cost than the branded item .  Digressing now but have you noticed how often there is no warranty for some articles of reasonable value e.g. refurbed smart phones  ?  

3 hours ago, doctormann said:

InvadeIT site has been unreachable yesterday and today.  IsUpMe reports that the site is down.

I hope that this is only a temporary glitch as I use them quite a lot.

Site is now back up as of 15:00 11/07/17

They are listings from different sellers.

Anyone can register to be a seller on Lazada.

That now makes sense . So there can be several buyers buying from the same manufacturer  then selling on through Lazada and competing price wise with one another . Never come across that before .

3 hours ago, MickTurator said:

They are listings from different sellers.

Anyone can register to be a seller on Lazada.

What can I say, sir, you're a champ (55 orders, 3 returns and counting...):post-4641-1156694572:

One thing I forgot to mention about returns.

If it is a big item then a courier will collect the return from your house.

The criteria is weight not value, if it's over 20kg then you can request a courier.

The return period is either 7 or 14 days depending on the item.

You MUST register for a RMA before that time expires or you will be stuffed so check out the goods as soon as possible.

Hope that helps and happy shopping.

17 hours ago, MickTurator said:

One thing I forgot to mention about returns.

If it is a big item then a courier will collect the return from your house.

The criteria is weight not value, if it's over 20kg then you can request a courier.

The return period is either 7 or 14 days depending on the item.

You MUST register for a RMA before that time expires or you will be stuffed so check out the goods as soon as possible.

Hope that helps and happy shopping.

In your experience, do you usually open the box and check anything broken before you hand over the cash? Or you trust they are reliable in handling the merchandise and not worth the bother to check before payment. 

Also re registering for an RMA# do you go ahead and do that on your own or do you need to call customer service first and explain the reason for returning?

Thanks for ample explanation as always.

I don't bother opening the box and checking the contents before payment, I only check that the box is undamaged

When I get indoors I immediately give it a good check that everything works and has no faults.

Much the same as buying in BigC, you can't check it properly in the store.

No need to phone for a RMA#, just do it online and select your return method - post office, 7-11 or courier (if it's over 20 kg)

If you order any USB flash-drives check them with a proper full capacity checker.

Some sellers are dumping rejects that only hold a fraction of the stated capacity.

A few sellers are dishonest but Lazada is there to help and appear to be fair.

Overall I am happy with the service.  I have placed another three orders this week.

18 hours ago, smo said:

In your experience, do you usually open the box and check anything broken before you hand over the cash? Or you trust they are reliable in handling the merchandise and not worth the bother to check before payment. 

With Lazada, I ALWAYS open the box right there in front of the delivery driver, and check to make sure..

a. the correct item(s) are inside, and

b. they're undamaged and look to be of proper quality.

Never yet had any problem with doing so re the drivers. However, I'm also only ever ordering small, easy to open items from them. I'm not standing there and unboxing a 60-inch television, for example. Because, I probably wouldn't order such an item from Lazada.

I think that depends on the item you're buying. Often when buying electrical appliances in Big C, either my wife or even sometimes the store clerks themselves will open the box, take out the item and plug it in just to show/assure that it's working properly. And then put it back into the box and reseal it.

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think that depends on the item you're buying. Often when buying electrical appliances in Big C, either my wife or even sometimes the store clerks themselves will open the box, take out the item and plug it in just to show/assure that it's working properly. And then put it back into the box and reseal it.

I check all items when delivered c.o.d. which is the buying method that I always use but I differ from you on the t.v. Why would you not buy a t.v. from Lazada ? I did and it was a 50" which I unpacked and checked the condition and contents before paying . Lazada were cheaper by 2000 baht than the nearest online dealer or shop .

36 minutes ago, superal said:

I check all items when delivered c.o.d. which is the buying method that I always use but I differ from you on the t.v. Why would you not buy a t.v. from Lazada ? I did and it was a 50" which I unpacked and checked the condition and contents before paying . Lazada were cheaper by 2000 baht than the nearest online dealer or shop .

Because I don't trust Lazada enough, having read lots of Lazada customer service horror story posts by members here over the years, to order anything of significant value from them.

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because I don't trust Lazada enough, having read lots of Lazada customer service horror story posts by members here over the years, to order anything of significant value from them.

Are you allowed to be more specific ?

12 minutes ago, JayBird said:

I have purchased from Lazada and have always gotten what I ordered, although sometimes it can take a couple of weeks :(

+1...I like the COD  option but you need to be available anytime.  I missed them once due to sleeping in late. Got it the next day.

On 7/13/2017 at 9:53 AM, MickTurator said:

I don't bother opening the box and checking the contents before payment, I only check that the box is undamaged

When I get indoors I immediately give it a good check that everything works and has no faults.

No need to phone for a RMA#, just do it online and select your return method - post office, 7-11 or courier (if it's over 20 kg)

If you order any USB flash-drives check them with a proper full capacity checker.

Some sellers are dumping rejects that only hold a fraction of the stated capacity.

A few sellers are dishonest but Lazada is there to help and appear to be fair.

Overall I am happy with the service.  I have placed another three orders this week.

Thanks for the in and outs in shopping with Lazada, very generous and informative. I really appreciated that. Now ready to place my order #1 :smile: