Thailand looks to limit voice of online media in wake of sensational stories

webfact

Hi, My name is Sean,

I have missed my last holiday to Thailand in May to work full time outside my normal job as a sorter. I have been working on several suicide and murder cases since 1999. Mainly Pattaya. I have been writing stuff into a possible book about all the Thailand, South East Asia deaths.

A lot of my research is based on Charles Sobraj, the serial killer in the 1970's.

In 2014, I flew to Bangkok after hearing about the Hanna and Dave incident. I was very sceptical. I my self was robbed at gunpoint in Manila.

When I got to the Uk in the last 3 years, I have had contact with the families who are still sceptical even though Zaw and Wyn are death row.

I have seen more incidents in Koh Tao and Thailand that is now a major threat to tourism.

I have boycotted Thailand after 27 trips in 17 years. And it is not because of these incidents, It is because Thailand needs help.

There is a lot of underworld in the place. I am going to boycott it till the Koh tao Village headman admits he has a problem. Its called underworld.

Maybe he is being run by someone higher. 

Tis was not Thai people that did these deaths.

It was Outsiders.

If the Koh tao village headman comes forward now and talks with international media in defence of Koh tao, I will listen. 

Maybe the alleged mafia did not commit these deaths. Maybe we have a SERIAIL KILLER like Charles Sobraj on the loose.

Maybe there is a copycat of Sobraj in Thailand.

Feeding of tourists.

Let Zaw and Wyn go, please and we made a mistake in a panic situation. Thai police. 

Two innocent men, and now 6 more, please Thai police, let European investigators in if we have a serial killer. Or do you have something to hide,

Sean

11 hours ago, midas said:

Yes they can by providing only an intranet to the people like they do in North Korea:giggle:

Yeap, they can do what N. Korea does, and have the same tourist industry N. Korea has ...    The 1960s thinking is just mind-boggling.

23 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Yeap, they can do what N. Korea does, and have the same tourist industry N. Korea has ...    The 1960s thinking is just mind-boggling.

Koh tao village headman is the most powerful man in Koh tao. 

I am the most powerful falang in Thailand..

I am the lord Mayor of Pattaya

1 hour ago, LordMayorThailand said:

Koh tao village headman is the most powerful man in Koh tao. 

I am the most powerful falang in Thailand..

I am the lord Mayor of Pattaya

Mcgee if you're the most powerful bellend in Thailand why don't you hop on the ferry and have it out with the headman!!

The Chinese are tourists too and spend a lot more than Western Tourists. I was in Don Muang last night and there were hundreds of Chinese Tourists passing through immigration and only about 10 westerners some of which looked like they lived here. Western tourists dont matter anymore. Its all about the Chinese and most of them are on strictly controlled tours.

Whilst there is much in what you say about the number of Chinese tourists coming here, and the way in which they travel, I suspect that the lack of western travellers at Don Muang Immigration was more to do with the fact that few if any of the international flights come from "farangland".

The new airport (I can never spell it) would look very different.

22 hours ago, claffey said:

The Chinese are tourists too and spend a lot more than Western Tourists. I was in Don Muang last night and there were hundreds of Chinese Tourists passing through immigration and only about 10 westerners some of which looked like they lived here. Western tourists dont matter anymore. Its all about the Chinese and most of them are on strictly controlled tours.

Apologies for spinning away from the original post, but a common presumption (even with the TAT) needs to be corrected.

Because there are many more of them, the Chinese are spending more? You need to get your facts straight.

My business takes me around the  hotels and resorts. And every one of them is lamenting the Chinese influx. Previously their guests came from Britain, Europe, Australia/NZ/SA and America. And all of them spent freely on hotel meals and drinks and hotel buffet and entertainment nights - and the F&B revenue is the biggest source of income after the room payments.

Now the Chinese are coming in bulk with pre-paid package deals that include a breakfast. They take their breakfasts in the hotel, then tour buses appear and take the Chinese guests out en mass - then they return in the evening.They don't drink alcohol. And they don't spend time in the hotels, simply using them as a sleeping base.

Yes, there are vastly more Chinese tourists here now. But as one general manager put it - "We've got 96 rooms and all are filled with Chinese except for one wedding party of 12 people from Australia. But in the one one week they stayed, those 12 people spent three times the amount of money here than the other 84 Chinese guests combined."

And, with the exception of a small minority of 5-star Asian/Chinese visitors coming under their own steam and not in packaged groups, that's the picture all over the country.

Edited by robsamui