snoop1130

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Bezdomny said:

What would you say if there was a child sitting in the middle of the road? What is the difference between a dog and child?

With a  some Thai parents in charge ....probably  not a lot, the  kid  would be in the middle  of the road unattended too.

Dogs should not be untethered anywhere or maybe you think kids should also run into and sit in the  middle  of a road.................wouldnt do that with your  kid........or maybe you would?

6 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I suspect that many drivers (in the first quoted post), drove by as there was no space to stop plus, the owner was 'on the scene' to take care of her dog.

We probably all have examples of empathetic, caring people - and those who consider animals inferior species and therefore unworthy of consideration - unless they benefit mankind in some way.

But this thread is about a man who deliberately murdered a dog.

and maybe about an owner who was unwilling to move his dog from the  middle of a road....takes two to Tango, reminds me of  the Thai neighbour who politely asked many times over a long period for his neighbour to turn down the music a  few years back..............as is  typical the neighbour  didnt  turn it down so the  fellow got a gun went round and shot  him dead. Its about people being unreasonable and i d say asking for the dog to not be in the road was not an  unreasonable request.

8 hours ago, ujayujay said:

Nonsense....this Dog was sitting on the Street not running out onto. Idiot Driver was too fast on this small Lane... the Victim could be a Child also......  

or even more simply the dog could NOT have been in the road from its irresponsible owner, do you think when the owner buys another dog  he will learn anything from this? I personally  dont

On 7/5/2017 at 6:46 PM, datom1962 said:

How can any so called Buddhist do this to an animal.

Not all Thais are sincere Buddhists, with the world changing many just pretend to be as other religion practitioners all over the world.

1 hour ago, kannot said:

and maybe about an owner who was unwilling to move his dog from the  middle of a road....takes two to Tango, reminds me of  the Thai neighbour who politely asked many times over a long period for his neighbour to turn down the music a  few years back..............as is  typical the neighbour  didnt  turn it down so the  fellow got a gun went round and shot  him dead. Its about people being unreasonable and i d say asking for the dog to not be in the road was not an  unreasonable request.

If the owner was there unwilling to move the dog, don't you think that owner might have rushed out to comfort the dog after it was deliberately run over? So, a pretty stupid and ill-thought out comment from you don't you think?

On 7/5/2017 at 6:14 PM, z42 said:

While i don't condone hit and runs I also don't think the owner is blameless just letting the dog sit in the road.

Friends of mine have been injured when dogs have run in front of their bikes, and also i know of people being attacked by unrestrained dogs in public places.

I feel for the dog dying like it did, but these netizens getting irate about a dog when their country is going to the dogs rapidly (pun intended) is a clear window into why the main problems are getting overlooked because of frankly trivial stuff like this  

Nicely put, I agree entirely.

Animal welfare is a worthy cause, but there are far more pressing things to addressed in the welfare of humans.

:thumbsup:

I'm surprised this forum hasn't been closed. I'm reading so much rubbish.

There are the dog haters posting.

There are people saying dogs in the road are a hazard - I agree

There are people saying the Thais nearby didn't do anything - what could they do apart from take a photo of the 4x4 and report it?

But ultimately the dog was killed deliberately and maliciously by some Psycho. End of story, end of debate.

Time to close.

would he have done the same if it was a kid playing or crawling under his truck would there be any more complaints or just awwww well its only a kid plenty more playing in the streets, Thais don't care about  anything unless it costs money then its a problem. 

3 hours ago, Jim walker said:

would he have done the same if it was a kid playing or crawling under his truck would there be any more complaints or just awwww well its only a kid plenty more playing in the streets, Thais don't care about  anything unless it costs money then its a problem. 

he asked the owner to keep it  outta  the road so  he doesnt sound unreasonable to me, assuming then he would ask the parent to remove the kid  also

id  be interested if  the dog  had  run out and hit a motorbike if the owner would then offer to pay all damages to the motorbike..........yes i know the dog didnt  run into the road but I wouldnt mind  betting it would be a different story then.

I also liked the report of "speeding" as it  didnt  look that fast to me.

21 minutes ago, kannot said:

id  be interested if  the dog  had  run out and hit a motorbike if the owner would then offer to pay all damages to the motorbike..........yes i know the dog didnt  run into the road but I wouldnt mind  betting it would be a different story then.

I also liked the report of "speeding" as it  didnt  look that fast to me.

My sister-in-law was knocked off a bike by a dog that ran out from a garden (in the countryside, so no fence of any kind). She broke her neck and died a couple of hours later. No-one accepted responsibility for the dog being theirs. Despite that, I stand by what I wrote before, that this driver quite deliberately killed the dog, who was doing nothing more than sitting. A honk or moving slowly towards it would have shifted it, something my wife has done many times. It isn't that hard. The driver had absolutely no reason to do what he did and no reasonable person would act that way, deliberately targeting a defenseless animal. Anyone who says otherwise isn't fit to be called a human being.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The driver had absolutely no reason to do what he did and no reasonable person would act that way, deliberately targeting a defenseless animal. Anyone who says otherwise isn't fit to be called a human being.

Well said Barry

16 hours ago, Redline said:

Huskeys should be banned here.  Unless the are in AC, they suffer terribly, and they get skin diseases from mold under their fur.  Have you ever seen them in the snow?  That's when they are their happiest.

If my huskies were anywhere near snow, it would probably kill them. They are Siberian huskies by name only as they were both bred and born here. One died last year (not through any heat related illness) and I have had the other one for coming up to 10 years now. Learn about your dog breeds and stop watching movies like 8 under.................:smile:

They, like many other dog breeds that have double coats can get skin disease and mold forming on the undercoat, granted. Mine never had. And your comment on A/C is likely the fastest way to disease the skin. Ours do live indoors (with A/C) at night, and as stated earlier never had skin problems even though subjected to immersion a lot!

595edea1cabca_huskiesvothers-7c.jpg.4175b68f263c19ce695c8bd7b1c3f6ab.jpg

595edeb161a5f_huskiesvothers-9c.jpg.d21e1067800468676594d3219dbed04d.jpg

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

Chrisinth,

Good of you to take so much care of your dogs.

Do you think the same applies to the 99% of huskies that are owned by Thais?

Absolutely! Especially when it comes to breeds like huskies. Well maybe not 99%, but please name me a country where that sort of percentage is applicable to owners. You may be shocked with your research of how people treat their pets in 'civilized' countries. Look at the stats of the animal protection societies of the individual countries to see what I mean.

But this is my experience of owners I have personally known, mileage will vary with others experiences.

The dogs in the below photo belong to individual (Thai) owners and make up a happy pack. We used to have up to 20 dogs (Siberians) at one time on occasions. All well looked after. And that is just little backwater Phitsanulok..................:smile:

595ee2ff3747c_huskiesvothers-2c.jpg.a7247b706d2d7ef6f71c7ad4b56c4acf.jpg

1 minute ago, chrisinth said:

Absolutely! Especially when it comes to breeds like huskies. Well maybe not 99%, but please name me a country where that sort of percentage is applicable to owners. You may be shocked with your research of how people treat their pets in 'civilized' countries. Look at the stats of the animal protection societies of the individual countries to see what I mean.

But this is my experience of owners I have personally known, mileage will vary with others experiences.

The dogs in the below photo belong to individual (Thai) owners and make up a happy pack. We used to have up to 20 dogs (Siberians) at one time on occasions. All well looked after. And that is just little backwater Phitsanulok..................:smile:

595ee2ff3747c_huskiesvothers-2c.jpg.a7247b706d2d7ef6f71c7ad4b56c4acf.jpg

Pleazzze....... you KNOW this is the absolute minority so no point in pushing about how wonderful a VERY few owners are so well done on being a responsible owner

99.99% of dogs are unsupervised, unloved and roam freely and are a menace to society

4 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Pleazzze....... you KNOW this is the absolute minority so no point in pushing about how wonderful a VERY few owners are so well done on being a responsible owner

99.99% of dogs are unsupervised, unloved and roam freely and are a menace to society

We were talking about a specific breed here, I understand only too well about the dog problems here in Thailand.

But as we all know, 77.45629% of percentages are made up at the time, 99.99% still seems a little high for anything............:smile:

27 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

We were talking about a specific breed here, I understand only too well about the dog problems here in Thailand.

But as we all know, 77.45629% of percentages are made up at the time, 99.99% still seems a little high for anything............:jap:

haha  "touche" but you get the point and the thread is really about the guy running over a dog and it just happened to have been a Husky which, I must admit, is unusual as I don't see many Huskies lying around in the soi's   :jap:

I know of a few Huskeys around here and in 100% of cases these dogs have a terrible life. Thai owned. There's even a Huskey pup down the road that seems to have shut down mentally already as it's never allowed out of its confinement. I've never seen such a lethargic thing in my life.

Then there's the other one I mentioned before, that's spent all of its life on slippery tiles and has disfigured hind legs as a result.

Every once in a while you see a well looked after dog that's happy....but not very often.

Edited by Bassosa

Only in Thailand does a dog think it can relax in the middle of a road or in the doorway of a 7/11 and people will go around it.... 

It's the owners at fault not the dogs.

Sent from my iris 505 using Tapatalk

On 7/5/2017 at 10:16 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The dog didn't just walk in the road though, it sat there for a while which means a ) the driver tried to run over the dog or b ) wasn't looking at the road

or c) the driver expected the dog to move (most dogs do move) and when it didn't, the driver did the proper thing by continuing to drive through the hazard.

14 minutes ago, buick said:

or c) the driver expected the dog to move (most dogs do move) and when it didn't, the driver did the proper thing by continuing to drive through the hazard.

Or d: The driver is a serial dog killer who get kicks from running down dogs with his truck

As already reported in Thai media.

1 hour ago, Bassosa said:

I know of a few Huskeys around here and in 100% of cases these dogs have a terrible life. Thai owned. There's even a Huskey pup down the road that seems to have shut down mentally already as it's never allowed out of its confinement. I've never seen such a lethargic thing in my life.

Then there's the other one I mentioned before, that's spent all of its life on slippery tiles and has disfigured hind legs as a result.

Every once in a while you see a well looked after dog that's happy....but not very often.

If you visit Kasetsart Veterinary University, especially on Saturdays you will see many Huskeys and Thai owners who care about their dogs. There you can see handicapped dogs with 3 legs or even with 2 legs and wheely cart, which can still have quality life. Dogs and pets require health care, not just food as these soi dogs get. People who dump their dogs on the street should foot the bill for 10 years worth of food and health expenses. Those who run over animals on purpose or poison animals, must be fined heavily and give them mandatory community service work at animal shelters. If repeat offender, should serve prison time. Someone who run over defenseless animals with a 1.5-2 ton vehichle on purpose is a douchebag, a psychotic loser. 

Edited by pon2007

3 minutes ago, maxpower said:

Or d: The driver is a serial dog killer who get kicks from running down dogs with his truck

As already reported in Thai media.

i read that but didn't really believe it given the new 'fake news' taking over the media.  news is just 'opinion' now, not fact.  it isn't easy to kill a dog with your truck, even when you are trying to.  i don't drive in thailand but my GF does and she could care less about driving over a dog.  hasn't killed one yet, they move fast when the car gets close !!!

39 minutes ago, buick said:

i read that but didn't really believe it given the new 'fake news' taking over the media.  news is just 'opinion' now, not fact.  it isn't easy to kill a dog with your truck, even when you are trying to.  i don't drive in thailand but my GF does and she could care less about driving over a dog.  hasn't killed one yet, they move fast when the car gets close !!!

Does she claim to be Buddhist? If so and she has no respect for life then it is she who is the fake and needs a bit of re-education..

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Does she claim to be Buddhist? If so and she has no respect for life then it is she who is the fake and needs a bit of re-education..

she is a buddhist and she values human life more than a dog's.  it isn't an easy choice for her.  as i said previously, if you swerve to avoid a dog, you risk injuring or killing a human.  most people can't control a car when they are braking and turning the wheel at the same time.

are you saying you'd rather a dog live than a human ? (and when i say 'human', i mean you or whoever else is riding in the same car as you)

Edited by buick