Netizens Rage Over Dog Killed In Truck Hit-And-Run

snoop1130

1 hour ago, buick said:

i read that but didn't really believe it given the new 'fake news' taking over the media.  news is just 'opinion' now, not fact.  it isn't easy to kill a dog with your truck, even when you are trying to.  i don't drive in thailand but my GF does and she could care less about driving over a dog.  hasn't killed one yet, they move fast when the car gets close !!!

30 minutes ago, buick said:

she is a buddhist and she values human life more than a dog's.  it isn't an easy choice for her.  as i said previously, if you swerve to avoid a dog, you risk injuring or killing a human.  most people can't control a car when they are braking and turning the wheel at the same time.

are you saying you'd rather a dog live than a human ? (and when i say 'human', i mean you or whoever else is riding in the same car as you)

Talk about making excuses (edit and back-tracking)!

Your first post said  "i don't drive in thailand but my GF does and she could care less about driving over a dog".

This has now changed to "it isn't an easy choice for her:laugh:.

Not worth even getting into the value of all life in Buddhist principles..../how easy it is to avoid dogs asleep on the road/this thread is about a man who DELIBERATELY ran over the dog.

Edited by dick dasterdly

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

let me rephrase for you.  she made the choice, it was not an easy one.  now, as time has passed from making the choice, she could care less about hitting a dog.  she does not make the choice each time she sees a dog.  it was a choice made long ago and one that was a bit agonizing for her.

i still do not believe this was a deliberate kill.  the media cannot be trusted.  when the driver admits it, then i am a believer.

and i still stand by the rule - never try to avoid an animal in the road.  you may kill or injure a human instead.  you could brake hard and car behind you hits you.  maybe a child in that car is seriously hurt or worse.  not your fault that they hit you but if you had not stopped, the child would be okay.

17 minutes ago, buick said:

let me rephrase for you.  she made the choice, it was not an easy one.  now, as time has passed from making the choice, she could care less about hitting a dog.  she does not make the choice each time she sees a dog.  it was a choice made long ago and one that was a bit agonizing for her.

i still do not believe this was a deliberate kill.  the media cannot be trusted.  when the driver admits it, then i am a believer.

and i still stand by the rule - never try to avoid an animal in the road.  you may kill or injure a human instead.  you could brake hard and car behind you hits you.  maybe a child in that car is seriously hurt or worse.  not your fault that they hit you but if you had not stopped, the child would be okay.

What an absolute horrendous person your girlfriend is. Good luck with her and her cold heart.

45 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

What an absolute horrendous person your girlfriend is. Good luck with her and her cold heart.

you will rethink this if someone dear to you is injured or killed because a driver tried to avoid a dog in the road.  

18 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Talk about making excuses (edit and back-tracking)!

Your first post said  "i don't drive in thailand but my GF does and she could care less about driving over a dog".

This has now changed to "it isn't an easy choice for her" :laugh:.

Not worth even getting into the value of all life in Buddhist principles..../how easy it is to avoid dogs asleep on the road/this thread is about a man who DELIBERATELY ran over the dog.

On the point of semantics and back tracking, seems that your good self has moved from "murder" to "deliberately run over".

6 hours ago, buick said:

I guess you didn't actually watch the video (the media) then. If you did, why can't you trust it? Fake video?

Edited by Bangkok Barry

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:50 AM, speedtripler said:

Look how many other dogs come over to see the one who got squashed... 

The street is overrun with wild dogs, obviously 

It's a market area and where there is FOOD there is homeless dogs.....This is a problem country wide they won't control them...and it will never CHANGE ....

On 7/6/2017 at 3:07 PM, Thingamabob said:

Done on purpose I suspect. Thai manhood at it's best. I've seen more cruelty towards animals in Thailand than almost any other country. Competes with China, South America and the Middle East. Surprising in a supposedly Buddhist country.

That's like saying the UK is a supposedly Christian country, very twisted logic.

Would you say that to your Thai male friends?

On 2017-07-05 at 4:30 PM, Jeremy50 said:

Terrible. But a Siberian Husky should be running through the snows of the Canadian or Siberian plains and forests. I am appalled when I see this breed here suffering in the Thai tropical heat, it's an act of cruelty in itself. Despite it's painful and cruel death, it's in a better place now.

Yeah your right, Huskies or indeed any dog which is not built for a tropical climate should not be even in the country. 

I can just not understand the motives of the moron who deliberately ran over this dog, when he could see it clearly, assuming of course that he was actually awake.   I can fully understand the outrage of the people who witnessed this sad event in real life or on the video, but what I cannot understand is the apparent apathy of those same people regarding the appalling carnage on the roads everyday. often involving young kids as well as adults.

Somehow the level of sympathy and the outrage expressed to the two different kinds of events does seem to be out of balance.

21 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Well, dogs shouldn't block roads.... 

What does that have to do with having respect for other living things? Some people are all take, personally I prefer to not cause suffering to other people or animals if I can avoid doing so. It's just a personal choice.

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Does she claim to be Buddhist? If so and she has no respect for life then it is she who is the fake and needs a bit of re-education..

Thailand has their work cut out for them in terms of truly respecting life.

On 7/5/2017 at 6:09 PM, speedtripler said:

Only in Thailand does a dog think it can relax in the middle of a road or in the doorway of a 7/11 and people will go around it.... 

Good Thai people

6 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

What does that have to do with having respect for other living things? Some people are all take, personally I prefer to not cause suffering to other people or animals if I can avoid doing so. It's just a personal choice.

Can Thailand, or other countries having the same problem exists, avoid to eradicate stray and feral dogs?

7 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

Are you a vegetarian or a hypocrite?

It's just a personal choice, you know.

8 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

That doesn't surprise me, it would also not surprise me if he does it to a person in the future.

Sounds like ME.

I recently killed some mosquitos, was happy with the result and therefore now seriously thinking of upgrading to dogs, and one day humans.

As you suggest, it is an unbreakable, undeniable chain of events.

Your logic must make it easy to fit in with Thailand.

19 hours ago, buick said:

she is a buddhist and she values human life more than a dog's.  it isn't an easy choice for her.  as i said previously, if you swerve to avoid a dog, you risk injuring or killing a human.  most people can't control a car when they are braking and turning the wheel at the same time.

are you saying you'd rather a dog live than a human ? (and when i say 'human', i mean you or whoever else is riding in the same car as you)

dont you think that a dog who,eats,sleeps,gives you love and efection,oh and will put his or her life to safegard yours is a family member or is it that you and your wife only love YOURSELVES.

i wouldnt have to think twice who i value and its not you pair.

meatboy love me love my dog.

On 7/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, pon2007 said:

Another scvmbag behind the wheel.

Studies shows people who torture and kill animals, start with animals, before moving on to maim and kill people.

Those who bash the animal, are too ignorant to understand, that the soi dog issue started with idiot/irresponsible/selfish people who put their pets on the streets to fend for themselves and corrupt/inefficient government , who does not do a thing to eliminate this problem. Blame people, before blaming a pet. People suppose to have reasoning, plan for future, be responsible and have compassion, but most act like selfish jerks.

For the bashers, maybe the day will come when your toddler or parents stumble on the street and this maniac races through the soi. Then I bet you change your standpoint.

tell the abattoir  worker that then

On 7/6/2017 at 8:06 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

My sister-in-law was knocked off a bike by a dog that ran out from a garden (in the countryside, so no fence of any kind). She broke her neck and died a couple of hours later. No-one accepted responsibility for the dog being theirs. Despite that, I stand by what I wrote before, that this driver quite deliberately killed the dog, who was doing nothing more than sitting. A honk or moving slowly towards it would have shifted it, something my wife has done many times. It isn't that hard. The driver had absolutely no reason to do what he did and no reasonable person would act that way, deliberately targeting a defenseless animal. Anyone who says otherwise isn't fit to be called a human being.

youre crazier than I imagined then, I dont mind if u think I aint human, in fact i couldnt give a gnats  fart

20 hours ago, buick said:

or c) the driver expected the dog to move (most dogs do move) and when it didn't, the driver did the proper thing by continuing to drive through the hazard.

unfortunately though as nearly all Thais stop and go round them the dog "learns" this behaviour and then doesnt move,doubly stupid

8 hours ago, Laab Muu said:

you know daily you are  killing probably  millions of  living things, every step, every breath its  just you cant see it or its  sad  puppy eyes

people who intentionally harm animals have 100x's more chance to harm people. fact.

the driver needs prison and lost license.

These are not the type of person you'd want crossing paths with your loved ones.

16 minutes ago, kannot said:

you know daily you are  killing probably  millions of  living things, every step, every breath its  just you cant see it or its  sad  puppy eyes

intent probably matters dude