Movies filmed in Bangkok/Thailand

bkk6060

On July 6, 2017 at 5:15 AM, Peterw42 said:

No Escape, filmed in Thailand but in the movie its an unnamed Asian country

The country is on the border of Vietnam, so can't be Thailand. They speak Thai there, but it is possible that it is Lao and I don't notice the words that are different. That would make the most sense if it is supposed to be a real place. The culture is similar to Thailand, Cambodia or Laos. It was actually shot in Chiang Mai. 

When the generic Asians are chasing the farangs, they call them something else - a word that I did not recognize. If they were real Thais, they would have been yelling "farang" for sure. 

Wasn't there a Vietnam war movie filmed in Thailand where a well known star was killed in a accident involving a helicopter?

About 1/3rd of the scenes from Oliver Stone's "Alexander" were filmed in Thailand.

Ong Bak

and there are many movies that have been shot in Thailand. mainly Thai movies though, a lot of comedies and a fair share of totally brain dead ones, but the occasional odd interesting one such as "meatgrinder".

9 minutes ago, manarak said:

Ong Bak

and there are many movies that have been shot in Thailand. mainly Thai movies though, a lot of comedies and a fair share of totally brain dead ones, but the occasional odd interesting one such as "meatgrinder".

You are right.  I like some of the Thai movies as long as they have subtitles many are funny.

Ghost of Siam I saw a few months back pretty entertaining.

21 minutes ago, ozmeldo said:

Maybe nit Bangkok but I recall an absolutely stupid Steven Segal movie based here (note: might not be hus most stupid, just one amongst all)

You are right I forgot about him.  He actually has been coming here for years then last year set up a production company here to film a few movies.  One of the movies was The Asian Connection.

On 07/07/2017 at 6:42 AM, bbi1 said:

Rambo - was one of those films partially filled in Thailand? Stallone is a legend action movie star :)

Stallone, legend action movie star who cancelled a trip to Thailand just after the military coup due to concerns for his own safety!

On 7/15/2017 at 11:37 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

Stallone, legend action movie star who cancelled a trip to Thailand just after the military coup due to concerns for his own safety!

His last Rambo movie - about Burma - was shot in Chiang Mai. He used to order food from the Dukes on a regular basis. It turned out to be a pretty good movie.

I think it was Nick Cage that left Thailand because of a coup - not Stalone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived