Multiple Non-o Not Possible

Hi,

I've asked this question in another thread but got no answers, so I'll try again in a separate topic:

If your home country consulate/embassy (Sweden in my case) won't issue multiple non-imm-o's, what to do? We can't get multiples around Asia either as it seems now, we're supposed to go to our "home countries" to get these visas, but if not even your "home consulate" issues them, what are we supposed to do? Just up and leave? Or have to go to Penang/KL/wherever every three months and maybe not get one? Getting a tad tired of the insecurity, as I think many others do as well.

Just for the record: I'm not working, under 50, will possibly soon get married to Thai boyfriend so researching visa possibilities. At the moment I'm on TR, but who knows if I'll be able to get another one... Seems like I'm one of those people who falls between the cracks in the visa classes :D I would have no problem going back "home" to get my visa sorted, but since I can't get it sorted in Sweden, it would just be a waste of money on an expensive flight ticket. Would Hull for example issue visas for non-UK citizens? I've got some friends to visit in the UK... :o

Apparently, the Thai consulate in Sweden considered you not qualified for a multiple-entry non-O visa. This visa type is basically limited to visiting family and exceptions from this rule are at the discretion of the consular officials.

--

Maestro

Ah, but I have Swedish friends who are married, well qualified for a multiple, with money in the bank and all the paperwork, still no luck. I haven't even tried applying for one in Sweden yet, just for this reason. Waste of time and money. That's why I'm asking for options. As far as I know all Scandi countries have same policy - no multiple entries, period. Unless the officer has a good day I guess. Maybe I should send them flowers :o And yes, I'll get marriage underway before I apply, except for if I can get one in Hull, since they gave my friend a one year non-o for having a Thai boyfriend, they are not married.

I believe the suggestion to get married was not to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa but so that you could extend your stay in Thailand and not need any visa again.

Yes I was being serious as she is going to marry anyway it would make things a lot easier.

The new rule is 40k family income per month so even if you were male the wife could help (or even provide all). But it is probably even better than that with you being female as have not heard anyone report any change in the old rules (which seemed to be lack of firm rules).

Ah, but I have Swedish friends who are married, well qualified for a multiple, with money in the bank and all the paperwork, still no luck. I haven't even tried applying for one in Sweden yet, just for this reason. Waste of time and money. That's why I'm asking for options. As far as I know all Scandi countries have same policy - no multiple entries, period. Unless the officer has a good day I guess. Maybe I should send them flowers :o And yes, I'll get marriage underway before I apply, except for if I can get one in Hull, since they gave my friend a one year non-o for having a Thai boyfriend, they are not married.

I would never accept the word of anyone about refusal of visa without actually seeing the paperwork. Even good friends sometimes give the wrong idea in order to make it look like it is not their fault.

TH

except for if I can get one in Hull, since they gave my friend a one year non-o for having a Thai boyfriend, they are not married.
You may be interested in the notes given by Royal Thai Consulate in Hull before you go there. see

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ab%20%20...tion%20Pack.pdf

you will notice it says 4th line from the bottom "Finally please understand that you are most unlikely to be able to obtain a Non Immigrant Visa with MULITPLE entries anywhere other than your country of residence"

Doesn't give you an answer but may save you a trip

Edited by Mahout Angrit

except for if I can get one in Hull, since they gave my friend a one year non-o for having a Thai boyfriend, they are not married.

There’s an idea: give Hull a call, you may find them understanding your needs.

--

Maestro

You may be interested in the notes given by Royal Thai Consulate in Hull before you go there. see

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/pdfs/Ab%20%20...tion%20Pack.pdf

you will notice it says 4th line from the bottom "Finally please understand that you are most unlikely to be able to obtain a Non Immigrant Visa with MULITPLE entries anywhere other than your country of residence"

Doesn't give you an answer but may save you a trip

Further to my post above I have just read a post from tod-daniels in this forum in a thread entitled "need help on Non O Immigration Visa" posted by ncguy in response post 9 he states that two american friends got Non Imm O at Hull but he doesn't say if they were Multi's. He also sings the praise of Denver. Still a long way to go if not certain, maybe you could contact him. Edited by Mahout Angrit

The new rule is 40k family income per month so even if you were male the wife could help (or even provide all). But it is probably even better than that with you being female as have not heard anyone report any change in the old rules (which seemed to be lack of firm rules).

Correct, the foreign wife or the Thai husband does not need to have a income, in order for the foreigner to get a extension of stay based on marriage.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com