Sophon cable changes - alternatives?

topt

It appears that the ABC (or whatever it was) and Sci Fi English channels have gone and been replaced with WB and Star World. Also tonight a no. of other channels including the golf channel showing no service available.

The content I have seen over the last few days on these channels does not inspire (sic) me and if the golf channel goes I may have to look for alternatives. The 3 English film channels still seem to be the same but anybody else suggest a good alternative with the golf channel included? bearing in mind Sophon is only the equivalent of 300baht a month.....

HDPrime TV if your internet connection is fast enough. It has the NBC Golf (US) channel along with 84 other sports channels. It's 380 baht for 30 days of hundreds of channels. 570 baht for all content including TV series and movies.

6 hours ago, tropo said:

HDPrime TV if your internet connection is fast enough. It has the NBC Golf (US) channel along with 84 other sports channels. It's 380 baht for 30 days of hundreds of channels. 570 baht for all content including TV series and movies.

HDPrime was shut down...

23 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

HDPrime was shut down...

HDPrime returned after about 10 days. They had major European server issues and decided to go off line until resolved.

They are back in full swing with some new channels and the reduced monthly cost of TB 380 for all UK / USA and Sport content  including Golf.

Edited by JustinCredible

1 minute ago, JustinCredible said:

HDPrime returned after about 10 days. They had major European server issues and decided to go off line until resolved.

They are back in full swing with some new channels and the reduced monthly cost of TB 380 for all UK / USA and Sport.

Thanks for the update..  Are the payment options other than TrueMoney?

I watched the Aust Network news last night at 8pm, but when I woke early this morning around 4:30 it came up with the blank screen you get when there are heavy storms around, but I'm still getting that now at 8:20am

A little peeved that they have replaced Universal Channel with the WB channel, Universal was one of the few channels I watch, I only just renewed for 6 months, if this had happened a couple of weeks ago I may have given them the flick, AGAIN, did it once before.

Edited by Pungdo

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I find a lot of providers switch channels from time to time. I have 3 presently (3 different properties) and I cannot guarentee that certain channels will be there from day to day.

In the case of Sophon it has been fairly stable for English speaking content (apart from the news)for some time.

1 hour ago, Pungdo said:

I watched the Aust Network news last night at 8pm, but when I woke early this morning around 4:30 it came up with the blank screen you get when there are heavy storms around, but I'm still getting that now at 8:20am

A little peeved that they have replaced Universal Channel with the WB channel, Universal was one of the few channels I watch, I only just renewed for 6 months, if this had happened a couple of weeks ago I may have given them the flick, AGAIN, did it once before.

Thanks Universal not ABC..........memory lapse....again

You quoted the very reason Sophon isn't bad.... it is cheap.

Are you receiving the digital channels or analogue?

I kept sophon because it is cheap, even after the loss of the BBC ....  I can still put on Fox News and annoy my Liberal guests! I have a choice of Sophon, True, (basic, which comes free with my Internet), and whatever I can stream, mostly from UK.

37 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You quoted the very reason Sophon isn't bad.... it is cheap.

Are you receiving the digital channels or analogue?

I kept sophon because it is cheap, even after the loss of the BBC ....  I can still put on Fox News and annoy my Liberal guests! I have a choice of Sophon, True, (basic, which comes free with my Internet), and whatever I can stream, mostly from UK.

I have a digital box from when they gave them away but took it off as I did not see much benefit at the time and just duplicated half the channels making it less easy to use. keep meaning to plug it back in again.

I personally do not watch that much hence not prepared to pay for one of the more featured True packages and I have no idea about the latest "serials" from the UK and nor am I bothered.

I see CNN golf is back so I am happier but I will have a look at some of the other options mentioned - thanks to all those who posted.

6 hours ago, JustinCredible said:

They are back in full swing with some new channels and the reduced monthly cost of TB 380 for all UK / USA and Sport content  including Golf.

HDPrime was never shut down. They went dark for a few days. Here was their official email to customers:

We want to apologize for the downtime of our site and app in the last 2 days.

As you may have heard, the authorities are a lot stricter toward services like ours, and we received a warning that our service was being targeted next, so we had to go dark immediately.

We were now able to clear up this situation and we are free to continue operating as normal for the foreseeable future. This sort of situation should not happen again.

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and confusion this caused, we are now re-opening the site and app, and will add 7 days of service on all packages for existing accounts.

We are still working on resolving the UK/Europe channels stability issues, this should still take us another week or so to finish the infrastructure upgrades, and you will also receive compensation for this lost time.

Thank you very much for continuing with us, we are committed to provide a better service!

Edited by tropo

Ozztraileer Plus is back this afternoon. SciFi channel are still away chasing the ghosts and supernatural beings that Americans below the age of 5 still believe in. 

The sad loss is the updated Fox News!!.... Where is Dr Manny when you need him?

Ps.. Scifi never found any ghosts... you can all rest calmly.

To me they are the worst, very few channels, they refuse to spend any money for foreign shows. Not sure who programs Universal channel, same movies over and over again, for example seen King Kong like 20 times, Law and Order, they run from 1-20? then start all over again. There are like a million movies out there plus old shows but over and over again.

When it comes to Sports forget that too, if it isn't Soccer or Badminton? A few years back they showed NFL Monday night Football, last year they had the NBA finals, this year nothing. The others are no better, cheap cheap!

Edited by thailand49

23 hours ago, topt said:

I have a digital box from when they gave them away but took it off as I did not see much benefit at the time and just duplicated half the channels making it less easy to use. keep meaning to plug it back in again.

I personally do not watch that much hence not prepared to pay for one of the more featured True packages and I have no idea about the latest "serials" from the UK and nor am I bothered.

I see CNN golf is back so I am happier but I will have a look at some of the other options mentioned - thanks to all those who posted.

I don't need a box for Sophon as my digital TV handles that, although I did have to run a new cable from the gate to improve the signal and get all the channels. There seems to be more English ones available on the digital band... one or two... and improved picture quality (HD) so I would give your box another try.

Edited by jacko45k

On 7/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, tolsti said:

Ozztraileer Plus is back this afternoon. SciFi channel are still away chasing the ghosts and supernatural beings that Americans below the age of 5 still believe in. 

No bigfoot either. lol

On 7/7/2017 at 11:58 AM, tomazbodner said:

Don't prepay for a long time. You never know when they'll be gone. On the other hand - UK went after penalising users of illegal streaming services and that could spread to other countries. I'm sure anyone using KODI has seen plugins especially for live streaming stop working lately.

I did prepay for IlikeHD.com, but in all honesty didn't use it more than that few hours of test drive. It is quite obvious that they run an illegal shop with TV streams stolen from everywhere. Their Android and iOS apps are also very good. But how long it would last... noone knows.

You make watching HDPrime sound like a financial risk. You can get an account under any name and buy points with True money, a month at a time, so your maximum risk at any time is 380 baht.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, tolsti said:

What is the "updated Fox News"? I had been watching Dr Manny up until April on Sophon, before I moved. Have they deleted Fox News? BBC news was already gone. 

1 hour ago, tropo said:

What is the "updated Fox News"? I had been watching Dr Manny up until April on Sophon, before I moved. Have they deleted Fox News? BBC news was already gone. 

Nope it is still there but in the new post Bill O'Reilly era Dr Manny seems to have been nuked along with the vacuous Banderas and Ingraham trying to get their tongues around foreign languages to thank people for watching around the world.

It may just be the version we get here that he in vanquished from. 

Now... if only Insipid were to.......

1 hour ago, tropo said:

You make watching HDPrime sound like a financial risk. You can get an account under any name and buy points with True money, a month at a time, so your maximum risk at any time is 380 baht.

Can you tell me how this True money works? I had a quick look but could not find the mechanics........

Can you tell me how this True money works? I had a quick look but could not find the mechanics........

Go to a 711 store and ask them for True Money. Say B 600, then they give you like a cash register docket with a number on it 'rahart' in Thai. For B 600 you get two dockets. Log onto HDPrime, go to top up money. Input the number from the docket. When you have enough credit, then buy a package. Go back and watch channels with that package.

True Money let's you pay, example electricity bill, and other things as well.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Go to a 711 store and ask them for True Money. Say B 600, then they give you like a cash register docket with a number on it 'rahart' in Thai. For B 600 you get two dockets. Log onto HDPrime, go to top up money. Input the number from the docket. When you have enough credit, then buy a package. Go back and watch channels with that package.

True Money let's you pay, example electricity bill, and other things as well.

Thanks. However that suggests to me that you can only pay in fixed multiples so paying exactly 380 baht a month for example is not possible or do I have that wrong?

Any other way to pay for HDPrime?

Thanks. However that suggests to me that you can only pay in fixed multiples so paying exactly 380 baht a month for example is not possible or do I have that wrong?

I think you can get true money for B380, but not sure. You just can't get 1 docket.

Edit

I am unsure [emoji41]

3 hours ago, topt said:

They used to have a bank transfer method, but you had to wait for it to be approved. They are working on other methods of payment, but right now it seems TrueMoney is the only way. I don't know much about TrueMoney as I just starting using it last month. I got 2 x 300 baht TrueMoney cards at 7Eleven last time, which is just a bit more than their full package.

4 hours ago, tolsti said:

Nope it is still there but in the new post Bill O'Reilly era Dr Manny seems to have been nuked along with the vacuous Banderas and Ingraham trying to get their tongues around foreign languages to thank people for watching around the world.

LOL> Bill O'Reilly left Fox News in April after sexual harassment allegations were made by some female staff. 

Here are some more details about this story.

http://www.amny.com/news/bill-o-reilly-sexual-harassment-scandal-explained-1.13367681

They will pay him a year's salary - about $25 million.

Dr Manny is still alive and well on Fox News. There are 3 Fox News channels on HDPrime. The UK version, the Asian version airing Fox Extra with Dr Manny et al.,  and the US version, airing the US commercials.

Edited by tropo

22 hours ago, tolsti said:

I saw Dr. Manny just the other day (yesterday, maybe?) when flipping through channels on Sophon.

34 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

I saw Dr. Manny just the other day (yesterday, maybe?) when flipping through channels on Sophon.

oh my goodness gracious me!... the tawt is back?.... still the same old ancient repeats?.. the long haired idiot in the jungle who has found a weed that can cure anything?

Merkins will believe anything if repeated on the TV ad nauseum.

40 minutes ago, tolsti said:

oh my goodness gracious me!... the tawt is back?.... still the same old ancient repeats?.. the long haired idiot in the jungle who has found a weed that can cure anything?

Merkins will believe anything if repeated on the TV ad nauseum.

No, it's more like you don't know anything, hence you don't know what Americans believe or don't, and just want to have an ignorant bash. Contrary to your nonsense, Manny's still on there as always. Nor has Laura Ingraham ever done any of the "extras" as she's merely a contributor, not an employee or a regular host of Fox. Chris Kilham, the Medicine Hunter, has appeared on a lot of shows in various places including CCTV, France 2 and--wait for it--the BBC, that beacon of truth in a benighted world.