New immigration boss vows deep investigation of expats

webfact

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

You are very true!!.....the native true americains [who are now parked in those lovely national parks turned into reserves]...did mention that this has been going on for years...

In fact it all started with a bunch of illegal, undocumented people who came on a boat called the Mayflower, landed in the USA long ago....terrible I agree!

this is how most countries on earth began.  invaders took out the local population via violence and/or disease.  was it different for your passport country ?

6 minutes ago, buick said:

this is how most countries on earth began.  invaders took out the local population via violence and/or disease.  was it different for your passport country ?

Of course not...that's why we think twice before barking at the illegals:passifier:

2 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Of course not...that's why we think twice before barking at the illegals:passifier:

i missed the part where you disclosed your passport country

edit, are you from beverly hills ?

53 minutes ago, moe666 said:

This guy just did his job he has all of the old farts on Thai visa jumping over themselves to claim the most paper work and who has paid the most bribes. Calm down boys just a new kid in town trying to put his stamp on things

Yes - over here every new kid wants to be noticed. Funny, when I was at school, new kids tended to lay low!

1 hour ago, lucjoker said:

On the car parking of immigration , a flyer on each car ,it said....

long term visa's : 12 000 bht ,no need money in the bank , waiting 1 day.

So ,100% fraud........you dont need the 800 000 in the bank BS no more.

costs 12 000 bht  though.

Everything done with official stamps

Please tell me where you get the discounted price for a retirement visa only at only Bt12,000.  On my last trip to Thailand I had 3 offers in 3 days at a cost of Bt 30,000 and renewal of Bt 15,000 .  These quotes were from reputable immigration officers and Thai legal firms who advertise on the net...any advances on these prices.   

I do have the required funds in Aus and can get a Thai retirement visa in Australia,  with a lot of stuffing around, 12,000 in 3 days in Thailand for a retirement visa sounds good to me, just give me you personal details, your passport and the Bt 30,000 ...I hope I get my passport back.   Yes TIT.

2 minutes ago, David Walden said:

Please tell me where you get the discounted price for a retirement visa only at only Bt12,000.  On my last trip to Thailand I had 3 offers in 3 days at a cost of Bt 30,000 and renewal of Bt 15,000 .  These quotes were from reputable immigration officers and Thai legal firms who advertise on the net...any advances on these prices.   

I do have the required funds in Aus and can get a Thai retirement visa in Australia,  with a lot of stuffing around, 12,000 in 3 days in Thailand for a retirement visa sounds good to me, just give me you personal details, your passport and the Bt 30,000 ...I hope I get my passport back.   Yes TIT.

"These quotes were from reputable immigration officers"? Go and wash your mouth out!

17 minutes ago, David Walden said:

The cost of the visa is supposed to be 1,999 baht for single entry, 5,000 baht for multiple.
What various services charge is up to them, but still waiting to hear how any IO officer can charge more than the price quoted in the Royal Thai Embassy and Consulate websites.
I just this morning returned from Savannakhet Laos with a one year multiple entry "non "O"" visa in my passport, issued by The Royal Thai Consulate there, for 5,000 baht. No more, no less.

5 hours ago, connda said:

Ah huh.  Somewhere I read that the government considers all of us expat males to be a security risk to the well-being of Thailand.  Wish I can find that source again.  However, this is exactly what Pol. Col. Songprode Siri­sukha is directly saying: All expats are a potential security risk until we have been thoroughly vetted.  Then, after we have been thoroughly vetted, the standard immigration policies and procedures are in place to continually check on us to make sure we don't suddenly become stupid and develop some aberrant behavior that threatens  the well-being of Thai society.  
Some things ain't ever gonna change.  And those who come from other countries and take up residence in our home countries complain and gripe about xenophobic immigration policies that our government impose.  Obviously those immigrants have never been to The Land of Smiles.
I wonder when immigration will be by again to check that I'm not making mischief or taking rice from the mouths of Thai babies?  :sleep:

"His policy will be to provide services and welcome visitors with open arms as if they were family, staffers said."

Humm, hate to be a member of this guys family.  Everyone being followed around by a detective, getting background checks, yearly house visits, 90 day address reports and all. 

4 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

Here we go again. Another xenophobic prat who wants to keep Thailand "pure".  These types do nothing to help anyone and assure that the country will remain cowering in fear of the rest of civilization. "Thai Supremacy Syndrome" rears its ugly head once more.

These "types" as you mention are just typical Thais in high positions, probably paid for, who just love their authority.

The three loves of Thais in high positions. Authority, uniforms, and noise. The latter which comes out of their mouths.

Here we go again. Another xenophobic prat who wants to keep Thailand "pure".  These types do nothing to help anyone and assure that the country will remain cowering in fear of the rest of civilization. "Thai Supremacy Syndrome" rears its ugly head once more. The old tried and true refrain:  "farang mai dee".  

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

The first step in addressing a problem is to identify if there is in fact a problem. Are there  significant numbers of foreigners applying for long stay visas who are a threat to Thai laws and culture?
I suspect the answer is a resounding "NO!"
As stated above ^^^ the overstay scofflaws seem to be the problem, but it is easier to announce more stringent requirements for the folk who comply, since they after all come into the office of their own volition.
How many reports of the arrest of foreign criminals also mention that they are on several years overstay? Many many.
It is not the immigration irregulars who become criminals, but rather criminals who become immigration problems.
Thailand is not unique in getting the cart before the horse, but it is a pain in my personal tuckus.

the key to all this are very very  underpayed officers and cops simple....pay them a hundret thousand bhat a month and if still prooven corrupt shot them....it will immadetly solve the problem

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

New long tern visa application to determine of you the Falang are  considered a dangerous person: if yes comment below the question.

1. Have you ever shot or intend to shoot anyone:  Yes/No 

2. Have you ever stabbed another person in anger or do you intent to do so: Yes/No  

3. Have you ever used a baseball bat to hit a car window in anger for being cut off or hit by another car: Yes/No

4. Have you ever beat someone unconscious with a gang and kept kicking the unconscious person in the head, or intent to: Yes/No

5. Have you ever ripped a gold chain of another person/s neck while being a passenger on a motorbike: Yes/No,  

6. Have you ever killed someone while driving a vehicle and being under the influence of alcohol or drugs: Yes/No

When you have completed these answers, see the immigration office and hand him this paper, attach money to it to receive paper 2 which have more questions for you, so that we can determine if you will place any danger upon our calm and smiley society.

sounds like esta for america

5 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

I just returned from Savannakhet with a 90 day multiple entry visa, which I can "recharge" every 90 days by stepping out of the Kingdom.
Is one year to be "long stay", or does the requirement to exit make it a serial short stay?
Can I do this until the last 30 days, and then apply for a one year extension based on retirement?
And now to segue back to the original topic, is the "new broom" going to do anything about IO officers who want 16,000 baht to "smooth the path" for a 1,999 baht non "O" visa, (and who knows what other schemes)?
Is it really a department requirement to travel to Bkk to Foreign Affairs department to have them notarize (stamp)  an already US Embassy notarized statement of income?
Is it an immigration/RTP policy to require your landlord's ID card, house book, etc., etc.,  as proof of place of  residency? Isn't the landlord supposed to report all that? Or is this an instance of somebody is too lazy to enforce this on Thai landlords  and "we will just shift it to the damned farangs"? 
My small act of rebellion was to go to Savannakhet and get my visa, at a savings after travel, hotels, etc., of over 4,000 baht, and included an upgrade to the 5,000 baht multiple entry visa.
This is not just TV bitching and moaning. I really would like to know if the system is really just totally corrupt and anarchistic, or is there an actual set of rules and laws that is supposed to govern these procedures?

Another case of "This is Thailand".

4 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Having just gone through the whole thread and reread the article, I am a little surprised no one has picked up on the fact that while the overwhelming majority of long term visa holders are above board in the first instance, that he is not apparently concerned about, or certainly not mentioning the thousands of people out there on visa overstays.

It strikes me that if he really wants the no good sort out of the country, tracking down those people would be far more beneficial.

That would mean having to work and they would not be able to keep their nice uniforms clean.:cheesy:

46 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

You are very true!!.....the real americain born folks  [who are now parked in those lovely national parks turned into reserves]...did mention that this has been going on for years...

In fact it all started with a bunch of illegal, undocumented people who came on a boat called the Mayflower, that accosted in the USA long ago....terrible I agree!

47 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

You are very true!!.....the real americain born folks  [who are now parked in those lovely national parks turned into reserves]...did mention that this has been going on for years...

In fact it all started with a bunch of illegal, undocumented people who came on a boat called the Mayflower, that accosted in the USA long ago....terrible I agree!

Yep, a Mayflower full of Brits from the British Empire. Besides, you miss my point, The US is a very open country and most undocumented people who enter the US will have access to opportunity, social services, and citizenship. And, they won't be badgered every year to keep their status. Not the case, most other places.

Exactly the same thing happened at the Chumphon office last year and is still going on I think I moved away because of all the aggravation and BS it was causing everyone..

New guy moves in  and he starts with anyone wanting to renew their visa extensions has to be be investigated for one month so if you are on a retirement extension with money in the bank it means you now have to have the money in the bank for 4 months not 3 months.

plus you can not leave the country.If you do you loose your visa.

Hey but guess what for a fee of 3000 baht (no receipt) you can miraculously be fast tracked and get your visa that day.

As somebody else said .It's about time they looked  into themselves  first.

I see in another thread that two border crossing have been closed because of corrupt officers.What a surprise.

2 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

Yep, a Mayflower full of Brits from the British Empire. Besides, you miss my point, The US is a very open country and most undocumented people who enter the US will have access to opportunity, social services, and citizenship. And, they won't be badgered every year to keep their status. Not the case, most other places.

your analysis is clear and open. have a nice day!

4 hours ago, helloagain said:

I think his first job should be to employ a forienger to do their immagration website cos it does not work more than it does work and i mean the 90 day online. Every new boss bangs the drum but it ends up the same same. Please try stopping the tea money. Pay more and get better trained staff. The other day i go to do my 90 day. They open at 8.30 but one of the staff was still playing on his phone at 8.55am. Bigger boss behind doing nothing no paper work nothing. Very unprofessional. So please new boss how long before our old retirement visa expires can we apply to enable you to do a proper vetting job. At first you make what you say sound like you will make it safer for us to live here then you changed it round the other way. Please you must deciede if you want retirees here cos there is an underlying no thai wants us here. I spend at least 100000 baht a month here. Wifes pocket money. 2 thai nieces i help with school and give them pocket money and i put 1000 baht into both their bank accounts for when they start uni for which i will pay for. Do you want thais to loose out on that ? Bang your drum ok but please sort out your own house first. Use foriengers to see what YOUR staff should be doing but are not. Ok not your area but how can police go to 20 massage and find no prostitution 10 days ago as reported in thai visa. Ok so welcome to your new job but if foriengers are given so much stick we might just go back. Do you realise malayasia gives 10 year visa.

and I understand that in the Philipines if you marry a Philipina girl, that gives you the right  to live in The Philipines permanently.

That just shows you how much Thai immigration sucks.

21 minutes ago, Chip Allen said:

Here we go again. Another xenophobic prat who wants to keep Thailand "pure".  These types do nothing to help anyone and assure that the country will remain cowering in fear of the rest of civilization. "Thai Supremacy Syndrome" rears its ugly head once more. The old tried and true refrain:  "farang mai dee".  

you are so true!...and what makes the whole picture more scary is that no country is spared from xenophobia, extremists, radicals, white supremacists, racists and so on....these extremes are incredible and hit mainly  who people who are scared, from low social positions and uneducated!..sad world I agree...

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'm not sure what to make out of this statements....

Such a vague statement, it really could mean anything by saying ' to insure

people with a long term visa are safe in this country, followed by ' we

will deeply investigate all those who wish to have long term visa '

so what were they doing so far? not investigation those who wanted

long terms visa?....

Was there a point at all to investigate retirees?
Those are the ones I would call long term visa applicants.

Next are those managers at any of the clubs/bars/restaurants with I guess business visas.
But how about those visa runners, are they considered with long term visas? 

One thing I am sure off is that anyone with a marriage visa will get investigated, especially since those Africans and Afghans that were caught.

Archived