New immigration boss vows deep investigation of expats

webfact

35 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Talk about missing the point which was that Thailand isn't going to miss chancers who can't meet easy-to-satisfy financial requirements for long term visa.

This was in response to his assertion that the Thais are "f***ing themselves over" by conducting deep investigations in to applications for long term visa extensions.

He was basically saying that the country would suffer because a few farangs might be told to sod off.

I disagreed

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but lets just say that in my opinion, Thailands immigration laws are over the top at times, I have no respect for Thai immigration at all, I do respect that it is their country, but everything could be so much better if every IO would be stopped from making up their own laws so all us Farangs would know better where we stand. That is just one small example of where I think they are so wrong. 90 day reporting, so unnecessary also, once a year should be enough. there are so much negative things about them I will just leave it there.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but lets just say that in my opinion, Thailands immigration laws are over the top at times, I have no respect for Thai immigration at all, I do respect that it is their country, but everything could be so much better if every IO would be stopped from making up their own laws so all us Farangs would know better where we stand. That is just one small example of where I think they are so wrong. 90 day reporting, so unnecessary also, once a year should be enough. there are so much negative things about them I will just leave it there.

Not unnecessary

Deadbeats, criminals on the run, paedophiles, psychos and god-knows what else make up a larger percentage of the farangs here than they should.

The authorities want to know where people are.

What came first? 90 day reports or the surfeit of the above-described scum trying to live here for extended periods?

5 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Not unnecessary

Deadbeats, criminals on the run, paedophiles, psychos and god-knows what else make up a larger percentage of the farangs here than they should.

What came first? 90 day reports or the surfeit of the above-described scum trying to live here for extended periods?

Who are these foreigners? How do you know? Is it possible you are just making sh*t up

46 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

this is a retirement visa, without leaving the country and without money in the bank........

In other words: an illegal visa obtained through corruption...

A few years ago , when the authorities began clamping down on Visa exempt stamps , the retired Ex-pats  rejoiced

Then when the authorities began clamping down on Educational visa , the retired Ex-pats rejoiced

When the Thai authorities clamped down on tourist visas , the retired Ex-pats rejoiced

Hey , retired Ex-pats, they are now coming for you .

2 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

You are also one of those foreigners, correct? So I'm free to through all kinds of nasty speculations towards you.  

I am a foreigner, yes but I'm not the one complaining about having to report every 90 days.

Just now, sanemax said:

A few years ago , when the authorities began clamping down on Visa exempt stamps , the retired Ex-pats  rejoiced

Then when the authorities began clamping down on Educational visa , the retired Ex-pats rejoiced

When the Thai authorities clamped down on tourist visas , the retired Ex-pats rejoiced

:clap2:

Post of the thread.

18 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Not unnecessary

There is no point in continuing this debate, we are far to far apart in our views, I am not going to change my mind in What I have said.

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

People take pleasure in other people's misery, in hopes they themselves find some relief, and somehow feel better.  It is usually 'virtue signaling' - look what a law abiding, good man I am!

All these 'Get the correct Visa' memes, when people under 50 complained  how hard it is to stay over 6 months, before ME tourist visa came to be.  It was very difficult, lots of hassle. Many on retirement extension were openly hostile towards younger crowd, and it seemed just the sake of being mean. 

Now long term stayers, and expats are target, yet even now some of their own, themselves over 50 and on retirement extension, are cheering a crack down that can destruct peoples lives. Just goes to show man knows no bounds in taking pleasure in others suffering. 

Hopefully this 'crack down' amounts to  nothing, like most cheerful campaigns here. 

Bad Guys Pay- Good Guys Harassed.

Do they  not realize such talk  will just make law abiding expats give up and go elsewhere? I think that is actually the plan, those not willing to contribute to the graft are being given a message. 

On 7/7/2017 at 0:07 PM, SoFarAndNear said:

How about controlling the officers in charge not to take anymore bribes?! You want only good and honest foreigners, how about start being honest yourself? 

Only crooks can catch crooks, but you're right.

It's about time that the new chief is going to investigate his 3 crack down teams who do have a main business in receiving bribes and a side-business in supplying all kind of visa's: "I can take care Mister. Cheaper than most agents"

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I, for one, think it's about time the pensioners had a wake up call.

Thousands of them living here on 10 or 15k a month.

They get sick and turn up at government hospitals taking up resources meant for poorer locals.

Outrageous!

Their days of sneering smugly at youngsters on tourist or education visas are over.

Now they need to watch their own backs instead of concerning themselves with the manner in which those who are not retired or married to an ex-bargirl with kids by 3 different men are able to stay in Thailand long term.

Deep investigation is the way forward.

1 hour ago, Thai Ron said:

Not unnecessary

How many of those deadbeats, criminals on the run, paedophiles and psychos have genuine long term visas? Perhaps they should invest more time and energy in investigation those that do NOT have long term visas...those that are working on tourist visas, those that are on overstay, etc. But of course, that takes too much effort. They are just putting the screws on those that are already doing the right thing. The effects are already felt - decent people have already left the country as they don't need the hassle and have other options....and what are we left with...the deadbeats and criminals! 

10 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

I, for one, think it's about time the pensioners had a wake up call.

Thousands of them living here on 10 or 15k a month.

They get sick and turn up at government hospitals taking up resources meant for poorer locals.

Outrageous!

Their days of sneering smugly at youngsters on tourist or education visas are over.

Now they need to watch their own backs instead of concerning themselves with the manner in which those who are not retired or married to an ex-bargirl with kids by 3 different men are able to stay in Thailand long term.

Deep investigation is the way forward.

What are your thoughts on Thai birds in farangland who are very happy on handouts....I know of no farang getting handouts in LOS...

10 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Perhaps they should invest more time and energy in investigation those that do NOT have long term visas...those that are working on tourist visas, those that are on overstay, etc. But of course, that takes too much effort.

They have clamped down on people working illegally and those on overstays quite considerably 

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

How many of those deadbeats, criminals on the run, paedophiles and psychos have genuine long term visas? Perhaps they should invest more time and energy in investigation those that do NOT have long term visas...those that are working on tourist visas, those that are on overstay, etc. But of course, that takes too much effort. They are just putting the screws on those that are already doing the right thing. The effects are already felt - decent people have already left the country as they don't need the hassle and have other options....and what are we left with...the deadbeats and criminals! 

Lots of them have long stay visas.

The guy convicted of raping his daughter in France (I think) was here for years.

The scummy paedophiles here teaching in schools or just preying on the children of poor Thais are on long term visas holed up in remote villages.

The Pattaya bar owner who disappeared and then turned up in jail back in the UK after raping a woman in her childhood and then again years later was here on a long stay visa.

The scum who had the body in a freezer were on long stay visas

The list is endless so stop trying to make out that the authorities are somehow picking on people on retirement and marriage visas for no good reason.

13 minutes ago, transam said:

So do farangs have free healthcare in LOS.....?

Not officially but there are plenty of instances where deadbeat farangs turn up at government hospitals who have to treat them.

It's only later that they find out the guy has no money to pay for his treatment.

I believe Farangs do enjoy free healthcare. I went to visit patient at govt hospital and saw some farang patients on bed.
Our country has a very good healthcare service comparing to many countries. This is reason why people from other countries come here for free treatment.

Our country has so many good things. We shout be proud.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not unnecessary

I agree with most of what you say however the 90 day report is a fairly ineffective way of managing these people. It would appear to me from what I read in the news most of these said people don't bother doing 90 day reports. Eg the Erawan bombers. The 90 day is more just a bureaucratic process for those that follow the rules.

OB

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

In other words: an illegal visa obtained through corruption...

yep, ...illegal and obtained through corruption ...but it looks 100% ok ....

and since "illegal and corruption" are very everyday and common......seems almost normal...isn't it? 

Just the usual negative expat slants no appreciation on any positives after billions invested in businesses and real estate by most who deserve something more we know there are a few bad eggs but some of these paid off crooked immigration officials your staff who also try to extract from those who have done everything by the book.

Get rid of them damn residency permits supposed to be free even the world bank cites these as been unfair treatment to investors and drops Thailand a couple of point because of there retention

1 hour ago, mrboatbkk said:

I believe Farangs do enjoy free healthcare. I went to visit patient at govt hospital and saw some farang patients on bed.
Our country has a very good healthcare service comparing to many countries. This is reason why people from other countries come here for free treatment.

How do you know if its free i have a global policy which allow me access to medical here but it paid for by insurance provider i also think no one should expect free cover if they are here on a long term visa

2 hours ago, mrboatbkk said:

Think you have that wrong  - I have lived here/been visiting here for nearly 15 years, and never received free treatment.

Just because you saw "some farang patients on bed at govt hospital" doesn't mean they were getting free treatment!!! They were probably paying more for their treatment than their Thai bedfellows, but less than they would be paying at a Private hospital - but free? NO!

However, I agree that there are some good things in Thailand that you should be proud of.

Archived