Extension Chaiyaphum

Went to chaiyaphum imm this mornig for my first ext of stay arrived 0910 and drove out at 1035hrs.Very quiet one in front of me and one after .Had to renew kor ror 2 at local amphore after they said they will check this st next weeks visit.Lots of form filling but pretty smooth.

Yes agree as wel. Live here also and using this new office. I do really like it, and I am so damn happy NOT to have to go like 280 kilometers roundtrip to Khon Kaen,,,  and instead go 20 kilometers roundtrip... And on top of that great officers here at that office...

Glegolo

6 minutes ago, Black arab said:

I was doing 90 day reports to cambodia so for me now its 11/4 hrs one way which is is sound .

Running the risk of being seen as stupid, I must ask you; what do you mean with 11/4 hrs.. I do know about hrs,,, but the 11/4 what is that??

Glegolo

6 minutes ago, Black arab said:

One hour 15 mins travel time one way:smile:

Oh shit, who could have guessed?? I thought first looking at it, that you meant;

a) 11 quarters of an hour = 2 hours and 45 minutes....

b - 11 devided by an hour = 5 minutes 45 seconds....

:passifier::passifier::passifier:

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

On 7/8/2017 at 7:01 AM, glegolo said:

Dont worry I am swedish and just not familiar with that kind of writing, so it is good for me to learn new stuff.....

have a good day today.

Glegolo

11/4 is not an accepted form of expressing  1hour 15 minutes in English.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, perthperson said:

11/4 is not an accepted form of expressing  1hour 15 minutes in English.

7 minutes ago, Black arab said:

Accepted by who , english language police

OK that is between you two guys, but Black arab, what is the thought behind this 11/4 you write??

Glegolo

I think it will be either moved closer to the city or even to Chatturat if the city move doesn't come off (rather than being in the university)...but wont be for a few years. By city I mean about 10 minutes drive from the hero lake/house area.

12 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

I think it will be either moved closer to the city or even to Chatturat if the city move doesn't come off (rather than being in the university)...but wont be for a few years. By city I mean about 10 minutes drive from the hero lake/house area.

Where is this "Hero Lake" Plse?

Glegolo

5 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Where is this "Hero Lake" Plse?

Glegolo

Nong Pla Tao.

Hard to explain, heading out from the city centre passing the Anubahn school and the prison. If turn left at the prison and travel down the road you will see a market on your left and lake on your right. Khog Sung municipality will most likely get the office...but it is Thailand so anything is possible lol. 

Most likely will be there, everyone has signed off for it to be there I think except the Immigration Department (but the staff I think are of the opinion it will be there, they have already gone and met all the local officials for a welcome party type thing).  

A new PTT gas station will be built near the zoo also actually. 

4 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Nong Pla Tao.

Hard to explain, heading out from the city centre passing the Anubahn school and the prison. If turn left at the prison and travel down the road you will see a market on your left and lake on your right. Khog Sung municipality will most likely get the office...but it is Thailand so anything is possible lol. 

Most likely will be there, everyone has signed off for it to be there I think except the Immigration Department (but the staff I think are of the opinion it will be there, they have already gone and met all the local officials for a welcome party type thing).  

A new PTT gas station will be built near the zoo also actually. 

OK got it, I know exactly what you mean now. I just didn´t know the name Hero Lake... I more refer to it as the lake with  "the big fish" or "the lake neighbouring the chines tempel"....

Thanks for the information,. myself I live in the village of Nong Nasaeng..

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

4 minutes ago, glegolo said:

OK got it, I know exactly what you mean now. I just didn´t know the name Hero Lake... I more refer to it as the lake with  "the big fish" or "the lake neighbouring the chines tempel"....

Thanks for the information,. myself I live in the village of Nong Nasaeng..

Glegolo

Yeah, I had to ask the Mrs the name of it. We just call it the hero house/lake, As it has some relevance to the towns hero lol.

Any word on Robinson's? I know talk has been going on forever, but it heated up again a few months ago. 

21 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Yeah, I had to ask the Mrs the name of it. We just call it the hero house/lake, As it has some relevance to the towns hero lol.

Any word on Robinson's? I know talk has been going on forever, but it heated up again a few months ago. 

The town hero here, yes now I remember, some guys calls this lake also for "papa lae lake".. Papa Lae is the guy who stands statue down town in the roundabout there...

Robinson, I heard about that for a long time now like you say, even before HomePro and Global House came here. And as you say, it started again these romours and it seems now that Robinson will come within short...

But truthfully, we do not even know what piece of property they have bought, or if they even bought something yet. So for me I am completely in the dark....

Glegolo

13 minutes ago, glegolo said:

The town hero here, yes now I remember, some guys calls this lake also for "papa lae lake".. Papa Lae is the guy who stands statue down town in the roundabout there...

Robinson, I heard about that for a long time now like you say, even before HomePro and Global House came here. And as you say, it started again these romours and it seems now that Robinson will come within short...

But truthfully, we do not even know what piece of property they have bought, or if they even bought something yet. So for me I am completely in the dark....

Glegolo

The talk is it will be near ChaiyaphumRam Hospital. But that talk has also been going on for a while now...a few businessman came looking to build an airport a few years ago but it was not supported by the bigger people who need to sign it off for various reasons...would have been handy.

I live in Sok Ta Lab village, so if the Immigration office gets up, will be about 3 minutes from me. They are also going to build a juvenile prison and a laboratory to research rice farming. At least the city is developing a little bit (slowly).  

Edited by wildewillie89

48 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

The talk is it will be near ChaiyaphumRam Hospital. But that talk has also been going on for a while now...a few businessman came looking to build an airport a few years ago but it was not supported by the bigger people who need to sign it off for various reasons...would have been handy.

I live in Sok Ta Lab village, so if the Immigration office gets up, will be about 3 minutes from me. They are also going to build a juvenile prison and a laboratory to research rice farming. At least the city is developing a little bit (slowly).  

Yeah and before that I heard from the beginning that Robinson had bought the propherty just beside HomePro......

Your village does not come up on google earth, sorry neither on google maps, maybe you misspelled it???

But if your village is close to the lake we talked about, than we have just some 5 km in between us.

Glegolo

37 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Yeah and before that I heard from the beginning that Robinson had bought the propherty just beside HomePro......

Your village does not come up on google earth, sorry neither on google maps, maybe you misspelled it???

But if your village is close to the lake we talked about, than we have just some 5 km in between us.

Glegolo

There are various spellings of the village name. From memory, Google has a completely different spelling all together. I would need the Mrs to find it in Thai. 

It isn't a bad place really. Still considered Meuang, but mostly farm land around the house.

With major developments in KK and Korat though, Chaiyaphum really needs to start going somewhere. So hopefully Robinson's kicks off soon. 

On 07/07/2017 at 5:44 PM, glegolo said:

So????  You mean it was a great place, and you were treated OK. You were there for making a extension of stay based on marriage???

Glegolo

He didn't make that too clear although the Kor ror 2 reference indicates marriage. No wife present?. No 30 days under consideration stamp? just curious..

2 hours ago, wildewillie89 said:

There are various spellings of the village name. From memory, Google has a completely different spelling all together. I would need the Mrs to find it in Thai. 

It isn't a bad place really. Still considered Meuang, but mostly farm land around the house.

With major developments in KK and Korat though, Chaiyaphum really needs to start going somewhere. So hopefully Robinson's kicks off soon. 

For me, I am NOT at all impressed by Khon Kaen and Khorat, and I am not at all certain that I would like Chaiyaphum to be like these two places, inhabited by the most dull falangs I have ever seen in my life. Cant even look at you when meet, look up, look down, and look sideways, doing all they can not to be civil at all...

No sir, that is not for me... We have a great bunch of falangs here, adapted well, and very very nice people, so all good for me at least.

I came here in july 2008, and seen Chaiyaphum grow rather quickly, and it is a huge difference between then and now, I dare to say.

Today it will be Bens Bar (Bar number 1) in Chaiyaphum and a great australian steak with fried potatoes and a good salad.

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

For me, I am NOT at all impressed by Khon Kaen and Khorat, and I am not at all certain that I would like Chaiyaphum to be like these two places, inhabited by the most dull falangs I have ever seen in my life. Cant even look at you when meet, look up, look down, and look sideways, doing all they can not to be civil at all...

No sir, that is not for me... We have a great bunch of falangs here, adapted well, and very very nice people, so all good for me at least.

I came here in july 2008, and seen Chaiyaphum grow rather quickly, and it is a huge difference between then and now, I dare to say.

Today it will be Bens Bar (Bar number 1) in Chaiyaphum and a great australian steak with fried potatoes and a good salad.

Glegolo

Not develop on such scales as those two cities, Korat is probably the next capital of the country so no way that big...but Chaiyaphum is craving some development, well the people are anyway. The town has to look to the future. The governor will retire over the next few years so it should be interesting to see how much the new governor wants to develop the place. This one was a bit on the conservative side I found (think he is a Khon Kaen person so didn't want to do too much haha).

Farangs may not want the place developed, but the younger generation Thai seem to (which is who matter of course). All of my colleagues and Mrs colleagues are tired of having to travel just to go to a shopping mall. 

I personally like Chaiyaphum. It is so small that you cant get lost (seeing as I am always driving by myself), plus the locals are nice.

I have only been here just under 2 years now. Don't know any farang haha. But I know a lot of Thai, hence why I know the finer details about what is going on around the place.  

33 minutes ago, wildewillie89 said:

Not develop on such scales as those two cities, Korat is probably the next capital of the country so no way that big...but Chaiyaphum is craving some development, well the people are anyway. The town has to look to the future. The governor will retire over the next few years so it should be interesting to see how much the new governor wants to develop the place. This one was a bit on the conservative side I found (think he is a Khon Kaen person so didn't want to do too much haha).

Farangs may not want the place developed, but the younger generation Thai seem to (which is who matter of course). All of my colleagues and Mrs colleagues are tired of having to travel just to go to a shopping mall. 

I personally like Chaiyaphum. It is so small that you cant get lost (seeing as I am always driving by myself), plus the locals are nice.

I have only been here just under 2 years now. Don't know any farang haha. But I know a lot of Thai, hence why I know the finer details about what is going on around the place.  

You dont know any falangs??  How can you avoid them?? They/we are everywhere?? But up to you if you dont want to socialize....

I agree with you, maybe I should also think it is a good idea with progress here in Chaiyaphum, and with enough progress, even we two maybe meet at Big C or Tesco Lotus, and can nod at eachother....  And by that you can say that you know 1 falang in Chaiyaphum..:smile:

Glegolo

5 minutes ago, glegolo said:

You dont know any falangs??  How can you avoid them?? They/we are everywhere?? But up to you if you dont want to socialize....

I agree with you, maybe I should also think it is a good idea with progress here in Chaiyaphum, and with enough progress, even we two maybe meet at Big C or Tesco Lotus, and can nod at eachother....  And by that you can say that you know 1 falang in Chaiyaphum..:smile:

Glegolo

I know some Philippines people, but through work. And I used to know some Westerners through work too, but they have since left the city. I guess I am fairly busy most of the time. Built a house, have had a little baby daughter and another child is on the way. Spend a lot of time with my dog too. So usually I am only in the city for work, and shopping of course. Mostly Makro or Tesco. I see farang but I think they mostly assume I am just another teacher here for 6 months and will leave (as I am 27 years old). So they give the 'don't talk to me' look, which doesn't particularly phase me. Had a guy visit the house a few weeks ago actually, a boyfriend of one of the Mrs friends from Norway. He was the first farang ive had a conversation with in close to a year.