UK passport renewal, is anything sent to our address?

Can anyone confirm, is there an address one provides within the UK passport renewal via Trendy & Co., and if so are any documents sent to the applicant's stated address?  I just ask because I'm in the process of moving, so if nothing is sent, presumbly this address is of no consequence?  Thanks.

14 minutes ago, sicky said:

Thanks very much.  Can I ask further, is it definitely the case that one's Thai visa can be used as the "residency evidence" in table A of the notes?  Thanks.

I recall one respondent claiming a few years back that they accepted his retirement extension as proof. That's not the same as a visa though.

Thanks for the reply.  The reason for asking is because I note that the heading above Table A on the form, indicates "Name and address and/or residency evidence", and that 'visa' is listed as allowed.  A visa doesn't show one's address of course, but anyway, I'm fairly sure it's clear - just wondered if anyone had presented simply the visa only.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, sicky said:

Thanks for the reply.  The reason for asking is because I note that the heading above Table A on the form, indicates "Name and address and/or residency evidence", and that 'visa' is listed as allowed.  A visa doesn't show one's address of course, but anyway, I'm fairly sure it's clear - just wondered if anyone had presented simply the visa only.  Thanks.

If I am not mistaken, the list you refer to is as follows:

• visa or resident permit (or colour photocopy)
• tax record eg a letter from a tax authority
• educational record eg school report
• employment record eg official letter from your employer
• letter sent to you from a central, regional or local government department
• medical/health card
• voter’s card
• immigration documents.

I did a quick run through 4 older threads on this issue and early this year, a regular TR visa wasn't considered as being adequate and nobody has posted that it was accepted so your application may run the risk of being rejected.

Going back a couple of years to see threads where proof of multiple extensions of stay like Retirement extensions (1 year) have been accepted. 

They will also accept a Certificate of Residence as issued by your local Immigration office. Apart from Chiang Mai, I think they are fairly easy to get and apart from the islands, not expensive (should be free).

Apologies for adding further to this before anyone has had chance to comment.  I note from also reading back through the main thread that petermilk (thanks again for above reply) indicated that his bank statement was accepted as proof of residency (link below).  I have in the past, requested a statement from Bangkok Bank and they have provided them for collection, although they are in Thai.  Perhaps it might be necessary for the notary to make an English translation?

7 hours ago, sicky said:

Thank you, that's helpful.  Incidentally what is a TR visa?

Tourist visa, old classification for it. I think they are now called SETV and METV.

6 hours ago, sicky said:

Apologies for adding further to this before anyone has had chance to comment.  I note from also reading back through the main thread that petermilk (thanks again for above reply) indicated that his bank statement was accepted as proof of residency (link below).  I have in the past, requested a statement from Bangkok Bank and they have provided them for collection, although they are in Thai.  Perhaps it might be necessary for the notary to make an English translation?

Yes, evidentiary documents in Thai language need to be translated with the name, signature and contact details (address, phone, e-mail, etc..) of the translator noted on the translated document.

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, evidentiary documents in Thai language need to be translated with the name, signature and contact details (address, phone, e-mail, etc..) of the translator noted on the translated document.

Thanks NanLaew.  The pertinent point that I wanted to quote in Petermilk's past post was actually in regard to his bank statement having been accepted, but this website only quoted the irrelevant section of his post, rather than the important content.  So I quote it myself below.

"....for my proof of residence I used a recent bank statement (in English) and this was happily accepted,from sitting down in front of the VFS agent and her checking my documents and me leaving was all of ten minutes. "