Amnart Charoen woman pregnant two years after vasectomy

snoop1130

16 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Vasectomy? Did she possess testicles? 

On 04/07/2017 at 6:45 PM, InMyShadow said:

Why not just ban booze for the whole 3 months.. It's going to happen eventually

5 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Vas deferens does it make, the report & story are still amusing?  

Actually, I thought it was absolutely  hilarious...

According to the headline it appears that it was the woman that had the vasectomy which would make it unsurprising that she got pregnant afterwards.  

Even if her husband had the vasectomy, there is no guarantee that he was the one that impregnated her.  Better wait for DNA tests after the birth.

18 hours ago, greenchair said:

No it won't result in litigation. 

It happens all the time in the west. 

It's a natural occurrence that the tubes sometimes grow and reconnect. Nothing the doctors can do to prevent it short of removing the ovaries, in which case she would need medication for early menopause. 

My friend got twins. 

And for those guys that think vasectomy is a great birth control pill, in many cases the male vascular reattach themselves resulting in pregnancy. 

6 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

I know a guy , married then and they both absolutely didnt want a child.

He and she were both "helped" !! Amazingly enough they got a child !!

That is what is known among the cognoscenti as a "grudge pregnancy."

This is a pregnancy where someone else has it in for the husband.

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

And for those guys that think vasectomy is a great birth control pill, in many cases the male vascular reattach themselves resulting in pregnancy. 

Bordering on BS.

"This natural vasectomy reversal can occur after any vasectomy surgical procedure, but it is a very rare event. It develops in only about .025% or one in 4,000vasectomies. Recanalization has been known to occur as soon as a man has achieved a zero sperm count and as late as 17 months after vasectomy."

It remains the most reliable birth control method. The drawback being a very low success rate of its surgical reversal. For me at 63, after the second child of my second marriage it was obvious choice. Glad I was wise enough I didn't do it at 40 in my first marriage.

1 hour ago, Momofarang said:

Bordering on BS.

"This natural vasectomy reversal can occur after any vasectomy surgical procedure, but it is a very rare event. It develops in only about .025% or one in 4,000vasectomies. Recanalization has been known to occur as soon as a man has achieved a zero sperm count and as late as 17 months after vasectomy."

It remains the most reliable birth control method. The drawback being a very low success rate of its surgical reversal. For me at 63, after the second child of my second marriage it was obvious choice. Glad I was wise enough I didn't do it at 40 in my first marriage.

Well obviously 1 in 4000 is not bordering on bs, when you consider the millions of men that have vasectomy. 1 in 4000 is alot, so therefore it is not a 100 percent method of birth control. 

? didn't I just say that. 

7 hours ago, greenchair said:

"The overall failure rate for vasectomy rate is 0.15 percent, but that doesn't give an accurate picture of its real effectiveness. Most vasectomy failures happen during the first couple of months after the procedure, when live sperm may still present in a man's semen." from Google

Anyway, that woman has a lot of balls to complain.

4 hours ago, Momofarang said:

Bordering on BS.

Reversal, I had it done (unsuccessful) and would definitely advise against it, unless you want black balls the size of a stud bull for a few months coupled with  a very high failure rate. 

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

Reversal, I had it done (unsuccessful) and would definitely advise against it, unless you want black balls the size of a stud bull for a few months coupled with  a very high failure rate. 

Thank you. I rest my case. 

Looking carefully at this reversal issue, and trying imagine what would be the probability of two ligatures to fail and then the vas deferens to reconnect by some miracle,  I am lead to think that it is something as a safety valve for the unfaithful partner situations. So the guy boasts  "I am a Spontaneous Vasectomy Reverser", not accepting the fact that his wife is boomboomating with some drunk pickup driver.

4 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

Looking carefully at this reversal issue,

" Vasectomy failure  rates are comparable to failure rates following female tubal ligation"  

The failure rate for both procedures is <> 1% 

Looking carefully at fact is always better that indulging in speculation.

7 minutes ago, perthperson said:

" Vasectomy failure  rates are comparable to failure rates following female tubal ligation"  

The failure rate for both procedures is <> 1% 

Looking carefully at fact is always better that indulging in speculation.

Notwithstanding the fact that no wife boombommates with drunk pickup drivers.. As far as I am concerned I love indulging...

A vasectomy is considered a permanent method of birth control and prevents the release of sperm when a man ejaculates. Contradictory to popular belief, after a man undergoes such a procedure, his wife/partner can still become pregnant.  Men have two vases, normally.  However, my brother's wife became pregnant after he had the surgery and it was found that he had had three vases and only two had been severed as the third was not known.  So it is possible, but I have never, until today, heard of a female undergoing a vasectomy, ever.

Maybe, this woman should have stayed on the pill or totally abstained from sexual activities that included the usual method of such performances.  Just a thought.

Edited by wotsdermatter
reply to perthperson

to perthperson

Qualify your comment as it tells me nothing.  Where did I hear/learn what?  In all of my years as a Clinical Psychologist, this subject never reared its head by anybody, and nothing has been written about that happening in any medical journal, to my knowledge.  If you have documentation of such happening, show me by giving chapter and verse, of if you prefer, Journal, publication date, volume, author, etc. 

4 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

Qualify your commen

You claimed -----"but I have never, until today, heard of a female undergoing a vasectomy, ever." 

I asked..............."Where did you hear/learn this ? "  

Is that clear and "qualified" enough ? 

As stated, I have never heard of such a medical procedure.  However, you have not complied with my request to qualify your remark and provide documentation to support your contention.  Therefore, goodnight from me in Toronto as I am now off to bed and will not entertain your lack of knowledge or lack of compliance any further.  Enough is enough. 

Edited by wotsdermatter

Just now, wotsdermatter said:

As stated, I have never heard of such a medical procedure.  However, you have not complied with my request to qualify your remark and provide documentation to support your contention.  Therefore, goodnight from me in Toronto as I am now off to bed and will not entertain your lack of knowledge or compliance any further.  Enough is enough. 

Read what I wrote again ! 

3 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

3 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

As stated, I have never heard of such a medical procedure.  However, you have not complied with my request to qualify your remark and provide documentation to support your contention.  Therefore, goodnight from me in Toronto as I am now off to bed and will not entertain your lack of knowledge or lack of compliance any further.  Enough is enough. 

It was / has already been explained many times, that the word vasectomy was a translation error. 

It was /has been explained many times, the meaning that the article was referring to is tubal ligation. 

So most of us have moved on from that to discuss the topic which is, if the hospital is liable for a natural occurrence that they have no control over. ????

On 7/8/2017 at 8:12 AM, Chang_paarp said:

Unfortunately TV is required to post the articles exactly as they come warts, spelling mistakes and grammar howlers and all. 

If the posting member corrected the obvious howlers half the fun of reading these "news" items would be removed.

So, who wrote and who edited the original?

It is local news, so The Nation's own reporter; even if it was from Thai Rath or another Thai language paper The Nation's editors should have picked up such a glaring error?

:w00t: