retirement extension photo's

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Just one attached to the TM7 application form at most immigration offices.

At some offices they want a photo in front of the house (or room or condo) showing the house number.

thanks joe

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Just one attached to the TM7 application form at most immigration offices.

At some offices they want a photo in front of the house (or room or condo) showing the house number.

ubj , no one doubts you on these issues; i do wonder however on this one, can so so easily be faked; yes i know i am trapped in the 'why-is-it-this-way conundrums (sorry)

40 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

ubj , no one doubts you on these issues; i do wonder however on this one, can so so easily be faked; yes i know i am trapped in the 'why-is-it-this-way conundrums (sorry)

And what is your point, yes it can be faked so what, some people probably do but why would you?

To what end? If what you present satisfies the immigration officer what is the point of your post?

Edited by phuketjock
addition

2 hours ago, YetAnother said:

What are you suggesting could be faked and for what purpose? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phuketjock said:

And what is your point, yes it can be faked so what, some people probably do but why would you?

To what end? If what you present satisfies the immigration officer what is the point of your post?

5 minutes ago, perthperson said:

What are you suggesting could be faked and for what purpose? 

I think his point is that why are they asking for things that do not prove much if anything, because it would be easy to stand out in front of a place and have a photo-taken - not to mention photoshop.  I would assume it is to "look like they are serious and thorough" - a form of theater, really - especially when you consider the 'agent' system component completely circumvents any actual verification/accountability of the whole process.

An extreme case of this sort of behavior is airline-screening in the USA; it looks intimidating, and it hassles and humiliates people, though every blind-test of it has shown that "actual bad guys" can sneak anything through TSA-Security nearly 100% of the time.

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I think his point is that why are they asking for things that do not prove much if anything

I have experienced the police (not immigration) visiting the address provided as part of an application for an extension based on retirement. Two very pleasant young men who assured us they just wanted to be sure where we lived "in case of a problem or emergency".  All they wanted was to see my passport and take a pic. of me and my wife standing next to our house number.(Proof that they had visited ?? )  These officers had a list of people they intended visiting which in addition to the name and address included a passport number. Clearly 'things' can be checked and proved (or not). I did not ask about the consequences of providing fake information ! 

1 minute ago, perthperson said:

I have experienced the police (not immigration) visiting the address provided as part of an application for an extension based on retirement. Two very pleasant young men who assured us they just wanted to be sure where we lived "in case of a problem or emergency".  All they wanted was to see my passport and take a pic. of me and my wife standing next to our house number.(Proof that they had visited ?? )  These officers had a list of people they intended visiting which in addition to the name and address included a passport number. Clearly 'things' can be checked and proved (or not). I did not ask about the consequences of providing fake information ! 

Unlike requiring the applicant to provide pics, what you describe actually proves something.  Good for them for verifying the address written on the application was, in fact, genuine, by checking it out.

NongKhai required ()4-2017

1 Photo with all family members on extension in the living room

1, Photo with head of the household (you) in the bedroom

1. Photo front of  residing property with head of the household ( number is not a direct issue)

And since i reckon my cat and dog (whom are best friends) as 'members of the household' i attached one too, causing a very friendly smile, environment and speedy handling, after which they handed the pets picture back.

Photo can be produced /allowed from printer!!

Best idea is to check with your local Immigration office before you submit your application form , I recently applied for my 7th married to a Thai extension in Chiang Rai only to be told I needed 5 !!!! photo's of proof of address plus a visit from an immigration officer for more photo's  .

12 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I think his point is that why are they asking for things that do not prove much if anything, because it would be easy to stand out in front of a place and have a photo-taken - not to mention photoshop.  I would assume it is to "look like they are serious and thorough" - a form of theater, really - especially when you consider the 'agent' system component completely circumvents any actual verification/accountability of the whole process.

An extreme case of this sort of behavior is airline-screening in the USA; it looks intimidating, and it hassles and humiliates people, though every blind-test of it has shown that "actual bad guys" can sneak anything through TSA-Security nearly 100% of the time.

Thank you very much for your opinion Jack but I was not actually asking you, I was asking the poster

whose post I quoted.

2 hours ago, phuketjock said:

Thank you very much for your opinion Jack but I was not actually asking you, I was asking the poster

whose post I quoted.

There is a PM (private message) function, when/if you only desire the opinion of one person on the board.

16 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

There is a PM (private message) function, when/if you only desire the opinion of one person on the board.

Jack I was merely pointing out that my post was directed at the poster I was quoting not you or anyone

else who are free to comment as they see fit, for which, in your case, I thanked you.

To what board are you referring?, this a thread on a Thaivisa forum, no board involved to my knowledge?

3 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Jack I was merely pointing out that my post was directed at the poster I was quoting not you or anyone

else who are free to comment as they see fit, for which, in your case, I thanked you.

To what board are you referring?, this a thread on a Thaivisa forum, no board involved to my knowledge?

Sorry - I'm old - they used to call these things "message boards" - though I grant this is a bit more.  No offense meant or taken.  Peace.

The thread starter asked about photo(s) for retirement(!) extension.

In six years I never had to supply more than the one photo for the TM7 form.

Only once some mumbling about the picture being "old" but still accepted.

One photo, no maps, no home visits.

That was in Khon Kaen.

I am aware about reports from other immigration offices with absurd requirements for retirement extension (Phuket?).

Some offices seem to be picky about the 4*6 cm photo like white/light background, no smile etc.

Always took the picture on my own and have it printed at a  photo/camera shop (requires some basic handling of image SW).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Sorry - I'm old - they used to call these things "message boards" - though I grant this is a bit more.  No offense meant or taken.  Peace.

I am old too Jack and the only message boards I am familiar with were usually up on walls in my workplace, 

in offices or the crewroom, when I did work some years ago. Same here Jack no offence taken or intentionally given,

Cheers.           :thumbsup:     :wai:

16 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Some offices seem to be picky about the 4*6 cm photo like white/light background, no smile etc.

Always took the picture on my own and have it printed at a  photo/camera shop (requires some basic handling of image SW).

I take a selfie. Then crop it, resize it to 4 X 6 cm and print it on glossy sticker type photo paper, cut it out, remove the backing on it and stick it on the form.

• Like 2

why would any of the rules need to make sense?  that's a western perspective, where we can ask why and find some kind of reason.  because there is one usually, and we expect some rationale.

but this is Thailand.  

think about it. school for instance, students are expected to copy someone else's work.  to comply with a requirement, something that a 'student'; is supposed to do... and does.  in the west, it would be a negative thing.  here it is 'going thru the motions'.. 'jumping thru the hoops'... same for us at immigration.

don't look for reasons. if you find the real reasons.. if you look really good and find out what they are... you will only regret it.. and still be left having to comply.

how can anyone have any kind of life here and not notice this? 

Edited by maewang99
  • Like 1