Anyone still interested in bitcoins?

I think the malware and ransomware geeks are quite fond of bitcoins for their illegal trades!!:crazy:

Also perhaps some ex "traders" of the now shut down "silk road" website on Tor!!...heard that they also cherished Bc!!

2 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I think the malware and ransomware geeks are quite fond of bitcoins for their illegal trades!!:crazy:

Also perhaps some ex "traders" of the now shut down "silk road" website on Tor!!...heard that they also cherished Bc!!

The fbi sold the silk road coins to billionaire vc Tim Draper at auction years ago .... 

Major buyers thesedays are mostly financial institutions and hedgefunds according to Otc traders..... 

Ransome hackers will likely switch to a more privacy focused coin like monero in future because it was designed from day 1 to be untraceable.... 

19 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

The fbi sold the silk road coins to billionaire vc Tim Draper at auction years ago .... 

Major buyers thesedays are mostly financial institutions and hedgefunds according to Otc traders..... 

Ransome hackers will likely switch to a more privacy focused coin like monero in future because it was designed from day 1 to be untraceable.... 

Interesting facts..

2 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

It seems the OP finds it very funny that a punter lost money buying silver....strange what amuses some people?

I am the OP... 

I find it amusing that those people decided to spread misinformation about btc back in the day instead of educating themselves.... 

Every second post in those days was calling it a scam or a ponzi or worthless or unlimited when it was never any of those things to begin with.... 

I have no problems with anyone who buys metals, but metals are not going to be the money of the future, they will still have value but the lack the other property's which give CryptoCurrency  advantages going forward 

Silver will never go to a zero, value but Bitcoins can. Many smart asses lost their Bitcoins due to corrupt exchanges and theft but my silver in an insured safe deposit box is still there. There is a place for silver/gold and Eth or Bitcoins, don't write off anyone of these alternative investments and don't be a smart ass about your investments compared to others. Life has got a tendency to make one humble when it comes to investment. Be grateful when your investment does well and speak in humble ways about your success. 

1 minute ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Silver will never go to a zero, value but Bitcoins can. Many smart asses lost their Bitcoins due to corrupt exchanges and theft but my silver in an insured safe deposit box is still there. There is a place for silver/gold and Eth or Bitcoins, don't write off anyone of these alternative investments and don't be a smart ass about your investments compared to others. Life has got a tendency to make one humble when it comes to investment. Be grateful when your investment does well and speak in humble ways about your success. 

I never said silver will go to zero...

3 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I am the OP... 

I find it amusing that those people decided to spread misinformation about btc back in the day instead of educating themselves.... 

Every second post in those days was calling it a scam or a ponzi or worthless or unlimited when it was never any of those things to begin with.... 

I have no problems with anyone who buys metals, but metals are not going to be the money of the future, they will still have value but the lack the other property's which give CryptoCurrency  advantages going forward 

I have an acquaintance who has been harping on about getting into bitcoin for over 5 years, I have been left at the poor-station as his money-train went into the golden horizon!!!

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have an acquaintance who has been harping on about getting into bitcoin for over 5 years, I have been left at the poor-station as his money-train went into the golden horizon!!!

There is a lot of analysists who think the debt bubble will burst in 2017-2018 and the things that will protect you will be stuff like bitcoin and gold etc .... 

It can't hurt to hedge your bets, I wouldn't go all in on anything thesedays... 

5 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I am the OP... 

With any investment you make the money when you buy- assuming you bought it cheap. This goes for bitcoin,  property, shares etc. 

I raised a thread on this forum 2 yrs ago about Facebook ('Invest in Facebook and double your money in 2 yrs'). We are living in the golden age of digital advertising..... I knew that I was onto a winner back then and have nearly doubled my money as I predicted in that thread. I still believe it has a long way to go and will not sell.

I didn't go for bitcoin years ago as it was unregulated and too risky. Obviously I regret that decision now but you win some and lose some. I had a friend who put everything into BHP yrs ago in the mining boom in oz. He sat on it and rode to the top and made a fortune. We can all get lucky sometimes!

Are crypto currencies really going to be the money of the future? Why would I use it rather than the security of my visa card / bank? Who knows....

5 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I never said silver will go to zero...

I didnt say you said it will go to zero, I warned you about your bragging about your gains in Bitcoin which could increase to $1 million or goto zero. I invest in both but understand the benefits and dangers of investing in both, do you?

14 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

I didnt say you said it will go to zero, I warned you about your bragging about your gains in Bitcoin which could increase to $1 million or goto zero. I invest in both but understand the benefits and dangers of investing in both, do you?

I am already confortable with the risk/reward ratios of all my investments, if I wasn't I would diversify further

No need to brag about anything, I'm not Warren buffett and I sold my bitcoins several times and bought more, thesedays I have more trust in btc than I have in govt banks once you go above the guaranteed amount, which is getting lower all the time

4 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I am already confortable with the risk/reward ratios of all my investments, if I wasn't I would diversify further

No need to brag about anything, I'm not Warren buffett and I sold my bitcoins several times and bought more, thesedays I have more trust in btc than I have in govt banks once you go above the guaranteed amount, which is getting lower all the time

how do you rate monero? Is it a good one to buy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monero_(cryptocurrency)

They are already manipulating chlorine atoms to create grids for more efficient memory chips. Wait till they can combine and manipulate atoms to create minerals. You bet your a$$ silver and gold can go to zero real fast. Silver is just a rock. 

41 minutes ago, DaveBKK said:

They are already manipulating chlorine atoms to create grids for more efficient memory chips. Wait till they can combine and manipulate atoms to create minerals. You bet your a$$ silver and gold can go to zero real fast. Silver is just a rock. 

Might be waiting a while......we've been making compounds for centuries....making elements might take a little longer....apart from the radioactive ones which I guess have little marketable value at the moment.

Might be waiting a while......we've been making compounds for centuries....making elements might take a little longer....apart from the radioactive ones which I guess have little marketable value at the moment.

These aren't compounds.... but actual elements. And they've already created many.... the heaviest 20 now I think are all man-made. This is what the sun does right....just a giant fusion reactor fusing atoms to create the elements. Silver and gold are just elements. I follow the science and I think there's a good chance we'll see significant developments in next couple decades.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, DaveBKK said:

These aren't compounds.... but actual elements. And they've already created many.... the heaviest 20 now I think are all man-made. This is what the sun does right....just a giant fusion reactor fusing atoms to create the elements. Silver and gold are just elements. I follow the science and I think there's a good chance we'll see significant developments in next couple decades.

Only a slight problem.....we haven't developed the fusion reactor in a commercial sense just yet. What you are talking about is like the sci fi nuts nuts who say we will go to Mars and terraform it. Maybe ...one day.....not in our lifetime.

If the science is so solid why can't we transform CO2 into oxygen and save the planet?

Only a slight problem.....we haven't developed the fusion reactor in a commercial sense just yet. What you are talking about is like the sci fi nuts nuts who say we will go to Mars and terraform it. Maybe ...one day.....not in our lifetime.

If the science is so solid why can't we transform CO2 into oxygen and save the planet?

They can :) https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/splitting-carbon-dioxide/

2 minutes ago, DaveBKK said:

Well then forget bitcoins and invest in this. By the way I have a used Large Hadron Collider for sale....interested?

I'm willing to break it down into a number of Smaller Hadron Colliders if you and your mates wish to buy bits each.

Leave cutting edge science to scientists and engineers....and don't believe everything you read on the internet.

19 hours ago, davidst01 said:

how do you rate monero? Is it a good one to buy?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monero_(cryptocurrency)

I have some monero (xmr) in portfolio

I think adoption (value)   will grow when the developers make it easier to use... Because right now it's fairly complex as CryptoCurrencys go.... 

When they release a wallet for Android etc I think the price of it will double 

From the internet:

Four Charts That Suggest Bitcoin Value Could Be At 10,000 USD Next ...

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/four-charts-suggest-bitcoin-value-10000-usd-next-...

Jun 27, 2014 - The Bitcoin chart in USD on a logarithmic scale suggest that Bitcoin value could be at 10000 USD next year.

5962b76f98b3e_BitcoinJuly2017.JPG.60ce4c70dcf255fc3be38fb7868998b4.JPG

And what happened in 2015? Just speculation! 

2 hours ago, Farangdanny said:

It's not too late. Can buy into a Bitcoin Fund. Morgan Stanley and many others are sure they will rise to 4,000USD

Really? See post #28. Someone else also had 'similar' future thoughts. Talk is cheap. 

Archived