Gen Boonsrang vows to get rid of trading in police positions

rooster59

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

What about the people whose houses have been burgled ? A friend of mine was burgled, cops wanted 10 k Baht before they would investigate, and I'm sure he's not the only one in this country to have that happen, so your statement is untrue.

So he was robbed twice. In the UK they do it differently,you ring up the police and tell them you've been burgled and you get a crime number for the insurance,no need for pesky investigations but at least it's free.

Just now, Oziex1 said:

And the brokering of senior military positions well that's another story and another committee and another millennia away. 

There are going to be some angry lions complaining about the broken food chain

4 hours ago, al007 said:

They should bring in outside consultants from outside Thailand and follow their recommendations

pointless, then those people bought in would get rich in bribes. there is already a separate department that is supposed to investigate and prosecute police corruption. they never prosecute anyone and always find the cops innocent.

3 hours ago, yellowboat said:

These people are always in meetings and nothing gets done.  Having a meeting means truly nothing. 

Of course the meetings produce results. Todays meeting is to decide where and when the next meeting should take place. Then its a case of rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic sun deck, then arrange the next meeting.

3 hours ago, al007 said:

I do not believe there is widespread of exploitation of the public, money from business owners is another story

Theft by extortion from ordinary members of the public is so widespread the general nickname for police here is the "roi baht gang". al007 mustn't get out and about too often.

You could stop trading in police promotions/positions instantly if one member of the so-called authorities in power had the integrity and guts to prosecute and punish any of the scum disguised as policce involved in any form, of corruption.  If the money-collection potential dries up, no criminally-minded businessman would have reason to "ïnvest" in these illicit goldmines.  Talking b...sh.t and stuffing themselves with top-shelf whisky and delicacies on a cycle of endless meetings ... Serving the public - hah!

Are you talking about collecting some petty cash on the roads

Personally I have little objection to the odd 200 bhatt here and there

I do not believe there is widespread of exploitation of the public, money from business owners is another story

You're part of the problem. Go to the police station and pay the fine. Mind you, where it goes from there is anybody's question.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

Gen Boonsrang vows to get rid of trading in police positions, well good luck with that one pal.

Every senior police position is bought, and he thinks he can change that.

N8o position is filled on merit, just how much money they pass on.

He's one of them so was taxin ex policeman captain all paid legal mafia , shinawatra was tax cheat as priminister sold family telecommunications company in Singapore to dodge paying thai tax as priminister at the time fineexample + 

army , air force,  thai jaunta army all paid positions + thai airways staff + flight crew its thailand normal to pay for positions , polys , government , local included  + + + criky have to crack down on himself  , good luck to late to change its normal to pay never going to change. Choc de cup like faulty towers .

Edited by Mad mick
No reason other than a good laugh

8 hours ago, yellowboat said:

These people are always in meetings and nothing gets done.  Having a meeting means truly nothing. 

They bought the yelloow submarines,  beatles lovin it

20 hours ago, Yann55 said:

Everybody  in Thailand, including of course  the top ranking people who created this committee and the ones who sit on it, knows that the issue here is not to 'study' or to 'find', but to DO SOMETHING about it.

Whatever needed to be studied and/or found has already been found and exposed in great length, and to no avail. No real and effective action was ever taken.

So the question is not 'what will this committee find?' or even 'what will this committee do?' (aside from receiving 36 salaries) because both questions are purely rethorical. No, the real question is : is there one person left in this country who is willing to swallow such an outrageous amount of hot air (and I'm being polite) ?

Maybe you could teach them punctuation and verbs , explanation etc,

10 hours ago, soalbundy said:

A tourist police captain told me she had to pay 100k for her position despite passing all her exams and having a university degree.

My wife's uncle had to pay 1 million baht to get his position at the school as principle. So it's not just in the police department. I asked my wife why he would pay that much that the position can pay that good of a salary. She said when a kid takes a test to get into the school if he dont pass the parents will pay anywhere from 10-25K which he gets most of this.  

So what we have are dumb kids whose family has money pays there way through school and then buys them a job after school. This is why allot of the Thailand doesn't function properly. 

11 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

What about the people whose houses have been burgled ? A friend of mine was burgled, cops wanted 10 k Baht before they would investigate, and I'm sure he's not the only one in this country to have that happen, so your statement is untrue.

I agree the corruption affects everyone.  My wife says the only people in jail are the one that cant afford to pay.

The police are known to check people for drugs at the bus station coming back from Pattaya. I told one of my friends that was on holiday and going to Pattaya  dont bring anything back with them. They didn't listen, the police got them and they called me. I went down spoke to the police and worked things out for 15K.  

16 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

While I would love to see action taken to reform the BIB, I truly cannot think of any reason to be confident in this "new and improved" committee which will "allow the people’s sector to share their views on police reform".

After three years in power, another committee struck. Another promise made that this time things will be different. Another round of meetings for discussion, another, another, another...

Meet the new committee, same as the old committee.

how  much do they have to pay to be on the committee? or  maybe how  much do  they pay not to be on it?

Erm, is this statement pure hypocrisy, or stupidity? No, wrong, he, as all the others, doesn't care one yo about what the people might think, so way, way above the people: that's what I throw at you, dirty plebs, you don't even deserve it and it's all you'll get from me, kind of stuff. How to recognise all these members from the different 'elites' Thailand is rich (rather: poor) of? Simple: they are all the ones doing wrong to you and expecting you to thank them for it. But, as the, real, Thais seem to miss/have lost the energy/will to do something about it...

7 hours ago, ericthai said:

My wife's uncle had to pay 1 million baht to get his position at the school as principle. So it's not just in the police department. I asked my wife why he would pay that much that the position can pay that good of a salary. She said when a kid takes a test to get into the school if he dont pass the parents will pay anywhere from 10-25K which he gets most of this.  

So what we have are dumb kids whose family has money pays there way through school and then buys them a job after school. This is why allot of the Thailand doesn't function properly. 

It isn't just Thailand it's an Asian thing, if anything Indonesia is worse, there isn't a decent paying job there that isn't bought and i doubt that the Philippines is any different, nobody protests because they are all at it. 

20 hours ago, sandemara said:

Theft by extortion from ordinary members of the public is so widespread the general nickname for police here is the "roi baht gang". al007 mustn't get out and about too often.

Some of us are lucky

Some of us help make our luck

I consider I am one of the lucky ones, despite having a couple of terminal cancers, my glass is half full, NOT half empty

Have lived here 10 yrs, done 30/40,000 kms per annum, had five new cars, driven too often with red plates that beg the response please stop me; especially at night; visited most of Thailand and seen a lot of the magnificent places as well as many seedy bars

So far estimate total payments to police less than 2500 bhatt in ten yrs

I like payments at roadside no penalty points, no waste of paper, I was in a hurry the other day, in the outside lane, got flagged down

Good morning officer

Look I have you on video, I said smiling having moved the camera to face the drivers window !

Was I going too quickly, I do not think so, I replied

Thank you, as I was told to leave

One moment I said and passed the smiling police lady 200Bhatt

No requests were made to me, nothing offered until business concluded, and all happy

This works OK for me

I forgot to add 2/3 times a year the police are known to have four or five cars at our house and a few boxes of Chang have been drunk

Edited by al007

Trading of positions is a cancer of all government sectors. My GFs nephew was recently told that if he could pay 200,000 baht he could buy himself a 10,000 baht per month job with his local municipality in Pichit. What would a general's job go for? The mind boggles when you think about the scale at a national level. 

Too much money involved to expect a positive resolution to this problem   Not to sure how many of these jokers got to their current position without actively participating themselves. 

On 8.7.2017 at 4:36 AM, Hayduke said:

Wonder how much he paid for...his...position.

I doubt he work for free - Are you working for free...??...;)