Forms needed for reporting a new address for 90 day report

I might be moving to a new condo-apartment next week. What forms do I need to take to Immigration to make the change of address official and do I have to notify Immigration on the same day that I move. Besides a rental agreement and building registration are there any Immigration forms I should download and fill out. If it is not a condo but an apartment what would be needed?   How about the management at the apartment building? What are they meant to do I wonder? Thanks very much

My local IO is quite 'laid back' on the means of registering a permanent change of residence. I moved house about 2 months ago, and took completed forms TM28 & 30 to them the next day. The officer told me to come back and register the change when next reporting for 90 days. I went in with the same forms, but he didn't want the TM28 & 30. He changed my address using my latest Truevisions statement!!

I renewed my extension of stay in March at the Jomtien office, informing them at the same time of my new address. However I went down this Wednesday to do my 3 monthly report and she asked me if my old address is still the address I'm living at. I should imagine if the on-line reporting ever gets up and running it could cause problems them not up-dating my address?

28 minutes ago, vogie said:

I renewed my extension of stay in March at the Jomtien office, informing them at the same time of my new address. However I went down this Wednesday to do my 3 monthly report and she asked me if my old address is still the address I'm living at. I should imagine if the on-line reporting ever gets up and running it could cause problems them not up-dating my address?

A point well noted. I assume you told her that you had submitted address change information 3-months previously? What was her response? Did she ask for the new address? Or is she resigned to waiting for databases to interlink because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter and certainly not to her on her interim 90-day report desk assignment.

25 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A point well noted. I assume you told her that you had submitted address change information 3-months previously? What was her response? Did she ask for the new address? Or is she resigned to waiting for databases to interlink because in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter and certainly not to her on her interim 90-day report desk assignment.

She did ask for my new address, what she did with it, god only knows, Thai Immigration can work in a mysterious way.

Dont whatever you do (if you live in Chiang Mai) is have an overlap. I signed a new lease on a new place 3 months before my old one ran out at where I lived , I did not actually move into my new address till that 3 months was up, went to IO to inform then that I had moved and all they kept saying was I had moved 3 months earlier, couldnt budge them copped the 1600 baht fine, I paid as I had said to my new land lord there would be no problem.

This time when I move Im not signing a new lease till well after the old one runs out.

2 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Dont whatever you do (if you live in Chiang Mai) is have an overlap. I signed a new lease on a new place 3 months before my old one ran out at where I lived , I did not actually move into my new address till that 3 months was up, went to IO to inform then that I had moved and all they kept saying was I had moved 3 months earlier, couldnt budge them copped the 1600 baht fine, I paid as I had said to my new land lord there would be no problem.

This time when I move Im not signing a new lease till well after the old one runs out.

Good point - and sometimes it is advantageous to have some overlap - especially to grab a good place before it is taken.  My current lease has a "move in date" on it, which would be a way to avoid this conundrum, while keeping one's options open.