Donald Trump Jr. hires lawyer for Russia probes

webfact

8 minutes ago, Slip said:

The Trumpeters have dwindled sadly over the months, and the very few left are now apparently entirely deluded in their frantic replies.  

Does this shift on TV reflect the situation on the ground in the US?

Is that why the inner circle are all getting their lawyers on board?

Yup.

Frantic indeed.

Some have probably seen the writing on the wall and are off crying in their beers.

But only about 3 or 4 of them are left here now.

Deflecting and Trolling on.

And as uninformed as ever.

No worries, they were a small minority to start with... :thumbsup:

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Slip said:

Do you mean "Similar questions were asked"?

Do you have an answer to offer to the original 2 questions?  (If I may edit them a little)

1.  Does the death spiral of Trumpeters here on TV reflect what is happening in the US?

2. If it does, is that why the Trumps are all calling their counsels?  If it doesn't why are the Trumps all calling their counsels?

No

Edited by mesquite

2 minutes ago, mesquite said:

No

Well OK, thanks for that well thought out response.  I'll leave you to deal with being on your uppers as you will have a busy few weeks.  The original questions were not aimed at you, but a wider audience anyway, and I'm still interested to hear opinions. It's just you responded (without offering anything useful whatsoever.)

11 hours ago, mesquite said:

I'm saying Trump will serve a total of eight years as president.  This issue will go away and be replaced by something else.

You still didn't answer my question...but guaranteed with how things are going, Trump will never get past his first term.  Luckily.

A small start for that:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/democratic-candidates-just-pulled-off-surprise-wins-in-two-oklahoma-statehouse-races

Democratic Candidates Just Pulled Off Surprise Wins In Two Oklahoma Statehouse Races

But the victories also underscore a growing backlash against the GOP that has elevated Democrats in various contests across the country.

Of the 29 special elections that have taken place, four seats (all of them state-based) have been flipped from Republican to Democrat. None have gone in the opposite direction.

I don't think he needs a criminal lawyer, no way treason or something similar can be proven.

What this does prove though is that the Trump camp has been lying time and time again about their intentions and about their contacts with the Russians.

10 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

just like YOU

Russia lawyer : I don' have connections to Kremlin

Trumps son : it was 20 minutes and NOTHING

You : they did it, they are the reds under the bed!  its COLLUSION but we have no proof... who cares?  spin it enough and some may believe it

NOTHING BURGER

As I posted in another thread.  You need to do better research regarding this lawyer, and Chaika.

The Russian lawyer does have connections to the Russian government.  Perhaps nothing took place, but the intent was there.  Along with the lies.  Which is what will get all these people in trouble.  Hopefully.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/12/who-is-natalia-veselnitskaya-low-level-lawyer-or-kremlin-power-broker

Nevertheless, in recent years she had taken on a high-profile case that aligned with Kremlin objectives and was followed closely by top officials. A source who knows her also told the Guardian she has a long-standing personal connection with Yuri Chaika, Russia’s powerful prosecutor-general.

Chaika’s name is particularly relevant, because it seems likely that Rob Goldstone, the publicist who emailed Donald Trump Jr suggesting he meet with the Russian lawyer, was referring to Chaika as the potential source of the information on Clinton.

Chaika definitely has connections to the "Evil Empire". LOL

Just now, craigt3365 said:

As I posted in another thread.  You need to do better research regarding this lawyer, and Chaika.

The Russian lawyer does have connections to the Russian government.  Perhaps nothing took place, but the intent was there.  Along with the lies.  Which is what will get all these people in trouble.  Hopefully.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/12/who-is-natalia-veselnitskaya-low-level-lawyer-or-kremlin-power-broker

Chaika definitely has connections to the "Evil Empire". LOL

No she doesn't and the quote say's that. She has a 'personal connection' to someone in the government. So do I as I know many people in US and UK and I even know an Officer in the Moscow Police Force and they are all 'personal connections'. This is all nonsense the Russian's are not that stupid.

8 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I don't think he needs a criminal lawyer, no way treason or something similar can be proven.

What this does prove though is that the Trump camp has been lying time and time again about their intentions and about their contacts with the Russians.

Agreed.  Perjury is what's going to get these people.  Best case for some will them being given the boot like Flynn.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/07/11/trump-and-aides-deny-collusion-with-russia-orig-cs.cnn/video/playlists/donald-trump-and-russia/

10 times Trump, aides deny Russian collusion

During his campaign, and as President, Donald Trump and his aides have denied any ties or collusion with Russia over the 2016 election.

Just now, LannaGuy said:

No she doesn't and the quote say's that. She has a 'personal connection' to someone in the government. So do I as I know many people in US and UK and I even know an Officer in the Moscow Police Force and they are all 'personal connections'. This is all nonsense the Russian's are not that stupid.

So your saying a 'personal connection', to the Russian AG, isn't a connection?  Seriously? LOL

Here are more 'personal connections'. LOL

http://time.com/4851321/donald-trump-jr-russian-lawyer-natalia-veselnitskaya/

Veselnitskaya is a leading opponent of the Magnitsky Act, which the U.S. Congress passed in 2012. The law was named after Sergei Magnitsky, who was arrested in Russia after accusing officials of $230 million in tax fraud. He was reportedly beaten and not provided with proper medical treatment before dying in prison in 2009.

Glad your supporting somebody like this.  And our political leaders who wanted to meet with her.

13 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

She offered up official documents from the Russian government!  I'd say that's more than a personal connection. LOL 

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

She offered up official documents from the Russian government!  I'd say that's more than a personal connection. LOL 

Link please to those documents?  are they translated?  about HC?  if they ARE official Kremlin docs about ways to help Trump it's case closed and you were right!  

4 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Link please to those documents?  are they translated?  about HC?  if they ARE official Kremlin docs about ways to help Trump it's case closed and you were right!  

IMHO, this was all a ruse to get the Trump team into a room so this lawyer could discuss the Magnitsky Act.  And like inexperienced fools, they fell for it.  But, it's the intent that mattered.  As was said before, just because somebody broke into your house and didn't steal anything doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed.  The big one will be perjury.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/07/politics/donald-trump-jr-full-emails/

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aras_Agalarov

Agalarov has served as a liaison between Trump and Putin.[6] According to an interview, they once discussed the construction of a Trump Tower in Russia.[7] Agalarov had also reportedly tried to set up a meeting between the two, but this was canceled due to Putin having to meet the Dutch royal couple at the time.

IMHO, this was all a ruse to get the Trump team into a room so this lawyer could discuss the Magnitsky Act.  And like inexperienced fools, they fell for it.  But, it's the intent that mattered.  As was said before, just because somebody broke into your house and didn't steal anything doesn't mean a crime wasn't committed.  The big one will be perjury.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/07/politics/donald-trump-jr-full-emails/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aras_Agalarov

Well I agree with that and their inexperience but I think HC's team could have done the same and I don't buy into all the anti-Russia sentiment from the US.  BTW we are bouncing between two threads virtually about the same thing  :ph34r:

18 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Denials / deflections regards the intent of the Trump family and others is now truly ridiculous, including the Trump Jnr interview with Hannity. IMO it comes under the definition of 'troll' behaviour

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Well I agree with that and their inexperience but I think HC's team could have done the same and I don't buy into all the anti-Russia sentiment from the US.  BTW we are bouncing between two threads virtually about the same thing  :ph34r:

I understand the anti-Russian sentiment.  They hacked into US computers (not the first time) and tried to influence the election!  How would you feel if this was going on in your country?  And it's possible this did help get Trump elected.  Nobody can prove that for sure, but here's an interesting article to read.  Seems things changed a bunch after Comey did the email bomb on Hillary.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/politics/state/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-election/

Breaking it down by week, the dominance of the email scandal throughout the Clinton campaign is jaw-dropping. In the final weeks of the campaign, literally every word that registers with enough people to be visualized is about it: Email, FBI, investigation, foundation, reopening, scandal.

So understand, it was Russia that caused this.  So, Americans are obviously upset.  For good reasons.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

I understand the anti-Russian sentiment.  They hacked into US computers (not the first time) and tried to influence the election!  How would you feel if this was going on in your country?  And it's possible this did help get Trump elected.  Nobody can prove that for sure, but here's an interesting article to read.  Seems things changed a bunch after Comey did the email bomb on Hillary.

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/politics/state/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-election/

So understand, it was Russia that caused this.  So, Americans are obviously upset.  For good reasons.

I think you'll find the US has had quite a lot to do with other countries elections!  and I still don't buy into it was the Russian government just 'from Russia' but that's not the same thing. Prove it otherwise and HOW did it help Trump?  it's paranoia and belongs in the 'conspiracy theory' box along with JFK etc.

Edited by LannaGuy

I think you'll find the US has had quite a lot to do with other countries elections!  and I still don't buy into it was the Russian government just 'from Russia' but that's not the same thing. Prove it otherwise and HOW did it help Trump?  it's paranoia and belongs in the 'conspiracy theory' box along with JFK etc.

It's been proven it was the Russian government.  You need to research this more.  Hardly a conspiracy theory.

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Again, you need to research this.  To say not true is just trolling.

I have researched it and there is NO conclusive PROOF  (you know that thing you require in a Court) that is was the Russian government. I see you gloss over my reply about the US meddling in many elections?  after you said 'what if it was your country'

"The Russians have asked the U.S. for proof and evidence of their alleged interference in the 2016 election, which Russia denies.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says the ask was made during a lengthy meeting in Germany between President Donald Trump and Russian President"

July 7th

PS you are diverting away from the topic into another topic covered by many threads

Edited by LannaGuy

1 minute ago, LannaGuy said:

I have researched it and there is NO conclusive PROOF  (you know that thing you require in a Court) that is was the Russian government. I see you gloss over my reply about the US meddling in many elections?  after you said 'what if it was your country'

PS you are diverting away from the topic into another topic covered by many threads

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/06/politics/intelligence-report-putin-election/index.html

Intel report: Putin directly ordered effort to influence election

Just now, LannaGuy said:

This is just conjecture and Putin has asked for proof so let's wait and see where this proof is. People saying 'yea I think something happened' don't mean anything. 

Putin has asked for proof?  LOL  That's too funny.

10 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I have researched it and there is NO conclusive PROOF  (you know that thing you require in a Court) that is was the Russian government.

I see you gloss over my reply about the US meddling in many elections?  after you said 'what if it was your country'

"you are diverting away from the topic into another topic covered by many threads"

I submit that is exactly what you are doing.

:coffee1:

Putin has asked for proof?  LOL  That's too funny.

it's funny the President of the worlds largest country has asked that he have some proof of the allegations in the US?  you have been brainwashed but we are getting nowhere so let's agree to disagree or we'll be here all day bouncing back and forth. When it all comes to NOTHING i hope you come back and admit it was a NOTHING BURGER   lol.

Just now, iReason said:

"you are diverting away from the topic into another topic covered by many threads"

I submit that is exactly what you are doing.

:coffee1:

Oh you've woken up!  so back on topic... Junior has hired a lawyer which is exactly as he should do with all these spurious allegations flying around.

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Oh you've woken up!  so back on topic... Junior has hired a lawyer which is exactly as he should do with all these spurious allegations flying around.

Allegations?  He's the one who released these emails?  After months of denying he ever met with Russians. LOL  Hardly spurious.  Luckily, those in congress agree.  From both sides of the isle.

so back on topic... Junior has hired a lawyer which is exactly as he should do with all these spurious allegations flying around.

Disregarding your childish intro,

"Junior has hired a lawyer which is exactly as he should do with all these spurious allegations flying around."

What exactly do you mean by "spurious allegations"?