Donald Trump Jr. hires lawyer for Russia probes

webfact

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lieu: Trump Jr. emails were 'clear violation of federal law'

"Election law prohibits candidates from taking money from a foreign source or anything else that might be valuable,

such as opposition research."

"Donald Trump Jr. clearly violated the Federal Election Campaign Act by conspiring to solicit something of value from a foreign national," Lieu said on MSNBC's "All In with Chris Hayes."

"And as a former prosecutor, I can tell you that conspiracy is very easy to prove."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/341815-lieu-trump-jr-emails-and-meeting-were-clear-violation-of

Edited by iReason

Just now, dcutman said:

This story is about to go very quiet as the Obama administration gets dragged into this.

No it won't. Whatever Obama/Clinton or Old Mother Jones have done that is up for them to be judged separately. Whatever they may have done does not diminish or make excuse for what the Trumps and their administration do.  Clinton Emails.........pffff ! If you want to set precedent by blaming those before you then when will we investigate the FIVE MILLION emails deleted from WhiteHouse servers by Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld after GW2 ?? That was/is a clear cut illegal act.  Surely if you want justice you want that looking at?

10 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:
15 minutes ago, dcutman said:

This story is about to go very quiet as the Obama administration gets dragged into this.

No it won't. Whatever Obama/Clinton or Old Mother Jones have done that is up for them to be judged separately. Whatever they may have done does not diminish or make excuse for what the Trumps and their administration do.  Clinton Emails.........pffff ! <snip>

If you follow Right Wing media, especially the loonier ones, the effort to shift the narrative is happening. Moves are afoot to somehow blame Obama for "The Russia Thing" (they avoid calling it "Russian interference in US elections to favor Trump")

I can't get my head around how this convoluted pretzeling  is supposed to make sense, but they're giving it the old college try. If they had any real arguments, they wouldn't need to twist so much. Luckily their readers aren't very discerning.

T

Edited by Thakkar

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

I am.  Read multiple sites multiple times a day.  Maybe you can give us a link, man.

What he is hinting at is that Fox news are blaming the Obama Administration saying that they gave the Russian Lawyer a visa to enter the USA !! It is truly frakking pathetic. I cannot understand how any republican with a brain cannot be ashamed at what their party are doing to their country .

Edited by Andaman Al

1 minute ago, Andaman Al said:

What he is hinting at is that Fox news are blaming the Obama Administration saying that they gave the Russian Lawyer a visa to enter the USA !! It is truly frakking pathetic. I cannot understand how any republican with a brain cannot be ashamed at what their party are doing to their country .

I don't follow Fox News!  Nor any radical left OR right wing nut job sites! LOL  Pure click bait.

4 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I don't follow Fox News!  Nor any radical left OR right wing nut job sites! LOL  Pure click bait.

but that is what dcutman is referring to, and as he won't give us a link to what his thoughts are, we can only guess. I think you misunderstood.

Edited by Andaman Al

7 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Here's a pic to Trump in 2013 sitting right next to the lawyer that he is now pretending not to know.

IMG_1246.JPG

4 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Would that be like CNN, ABC NBC, Newsweek, NY Times,  ABC, Time ect ect ect?

I only look at one or two of those unless an interesting article crops up.  There are many more with some great articles.  Vox, The Economist, etc, etc, etc.

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

Rather than back up your erroneous claim?

Thats funny you should say that.

Out of the hundreds of retractions by the left wing media in the last six months, how much proof of Russian involvement  have we read about?

3 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Out of the hundreds of retractions by the left wing media in the last six months, how much proof of Russian involvement  have we read about?

Enough proof to know it's real.  I've yet to read a credible source retracting these facts.

7 minutes ago, dcutman said:

Yawn.

Now on to deflection...

:coffee1:

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Enough proof to know it's real.  I've yet to read a credible source retracting these facts.

I have not seen proof or fact one yet since the Lib witch hunt began. Is all I have seen is retracted, dead, stories This one is going to be no different.

6 minutes ago, dcutman said:

This story will be dead by the Sunday morning talk shows, just like all the other fake news stories die out. With the usual retractions of course.

Meanwhile, in the real world, the White House is under investigation for obstruction of justice, collusion, fraud, racketeering,  money laundering and espionage.

And DJ jr. (aka Fredo) along with Kushner, Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected Manafort, Trump's campaign manager,

had a clandestine meeting with a government agent from a hostile foreign adversary.

Russia.

The wheels of justice are turning... :thumbsup:

Edited by iReason

Just now, iReason said:

Meanwhile, in the real world, the White House is under investigation for obstruction of justice, collusion, fraud, racketeering,  money laundering and espionage.

And DJ jr. (aka Fredo) along with Kushner, Senior White House adviser to his father and a Russian connected Manafort, Trump's campaign manager,

had a clandestine meeting with a government agent from a hostile foreign adversary.

Russia.

The wheels of justice are turning... :thumbsup:

Yawn.