Nine year old saved from drowning by 14 year old in Sattahip

webfact

Nine year old saved from drowning by 14 year old in Sattahip

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

SATTAHIP: -- A nine year old boy who was unconscious on the bottom of a Sattahip housing estate pool was saved after a 14 year old boy dived in to help.

Father Jirayu Sophonkhanathorn said he had taken his nine year old son Sakphat to practice swimming at the pool. The boy was wearing a snorkel and was in a shallow area but moments later the father saw him under the water and cried out for help.

Fourteen year old Chanachai Wannaro, a M2 student at Ban Sattahip school, was jogging nearby and hearing the cries for help rushed over, dived in and fished out the boy.

He was unconscious but still alive. Medics from Sawang Rojnatham foundation arrived and got him to hospital in time.

Latest reports from Somdej Pranangjao Sirikit hospital were that the boy was now out of danger.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-11

This story just made my day. About an hour ago I read the story about the A hole that poured boiling water down a five year old boy pants. This story was a nice pick me up. There's more good in people than bad. We just hear about the bad more than the good.

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

It's about time housing estate pools had a bloody lifeguard. Well done to Chanachai though. I am assuming the father probably couldn't swim either, or he would have probably jumped in himself.

No life guard but there's a seat for him. :saai:

On 7/11/2017 at 8:13 AM, darksidedog said:

It's about time housing estate pools had a bloody lifeguard.

Absolutely they should raise the maintenance fees to cover this for pools that get used once per day. During the day isn't this mom's job. Sit and watch while children play? It used to be?