U.S. President Donald Trump to visit Britain next year - Sky News

webfact

U.S. President Donald Trump to visit Britain next year - Sky News

tag-reuters-1.jpg

U.S. President Donald Trump salutes on the South Lawn of the White House upon his return to Washington, U.S., from the G20 Summit in Hamburg, July 8, 2017. REUTERS/Yuri Gripas

LONDON (Reuters) - A state visit to Britain by U.S. President Donald Trump will happen next year, Sky News quoted senior government sources as saying on Tuesday.

Trump's visit had been expected this year after British Prime Minister Theresa May invited the U.S. leader to Britain during their first meeting in January in Washington. But government officials had frequently said no date had been set.

(Reporting by Elizabeth Piper, editing by Andy Bruce)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-11

2 minutes ago, webfact said:

Trump's visit had been expected this year after British Prime Minister Theresa May invited the U.S. leader to Britain during their first meeting in January in Washington. But .........

A meeting with a self appointed leader of a banana republic would get priority.

1 minute ago, JoePai said:

Oh dear, what did we do wrong to deserve this  :bah:

Make Mexico pay for all the extra security that will be needed for the mass protests against the visit of the clown president (if he's still president). 

I am struggling now.  I really want Trump to come to the UK so he can be publicly ridiculed and feel the disgust of the British public towards him.  On the other hand I really hope that he is no longer POTUS next year.

Trump has said that he will not come to Britain if there are going to be protests against him.  Well I can guarantee you Donald that the vitriol towards you will not subside by next year or any year soon.

3 hours ago, champers said:

If there is another UK election, and Labour win, expect a cancellation of the invite and a suspension of the special relationship.

Not that simple, the invitation was made by the Prime Minister on behalf of the Queen so she would have to be the one to cancel it.  It is all irrelevant as it ain't going to happen 

Since I do not have a crystal ball,  I guess that if Pres Donald is still the President he will be visiting Britain, and if the leader of Britain is still the leader, they will indeed meet.   Good for them.  Does any body actually know what the future will bring. NK could actually be stupid enough to try launch a missile in the next year or two, does anybody really know much.

Geezer

22 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Interesting; Britain seems to think better of Hilary Clinton. Sometimes I just don't understand those guys/gals over there.

It is simple. People in the UK do not sit and swallow all the crap from Fox, Infowars and Breitbart every day/night. You have been duped by a professional duper! 

On 7/11/2017 at 3:25 PM, Jingthing said:

Make Mexico pay for all the extra security that will be needed for the mass protests against the visit of the clown president (if he's still president). 

Let Merkel and all these opportunists pay the bill. Superpower's turned sour.