Video: More appalling driving caught on tape

webfact

Video: More appalling driving caught on tape

5pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

Tnews reported that it was another case of appalling Thai driving caught on tape after a video was shared online on the "Youlike Clip Det 3" page.

The footage from the dash cam of a car in the center of three lanes shows a Toyota try and use a U-Turn by cutting in front of oncoming traffic.

The manoeuver forces the middle lane car to stop but a Ford on the right plows into the vehicle causing debris to be scattered on the road.

The dash cam car drives off with the woman repeatedly saying: "I told you so".

Tnews did not report on injuries or other matters related to the accident just screaming about appalling Thai driving in their headline.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I can expect that the answer shall be I didn't see the car

The little whit car totally in the wrong by attempting to cross at slow speed into fast moving traffic.

I see the video cam driver had time to stop but the ute was still going as fast as he had been so why didn't he see (surely could of at the height the ute sits )

driving a car just like a motorbike. :cheesy:

trying to make a u-turn from the left lane.

no idea how to drive at all.

anyway there is the sound of two impacts, I hope no one was too seriously injured.

I've seen many incidents like this as many of them seem completely unaware of anyone else on the road and it's only about 'What i want to do' or 'Where i want to go'.   When nobody is ever taught to do things properly from the start plus Thais selfishness and inability to learn easily, we can rely on seeing a lot more of the same !

Edited by trainman34014
Wrong word

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Nor would I........

But the vid to me is just everyday daft stuff on LOS roads....

Everyday and every minute. Dash cams are great news for Thailand because many vids get posted on FB so that the rest of the world can see plainly the stupidity  of Thai drivers and why they are the worlds number 2 road killers.  Plus I would rather see on FB the moronic everyday actions of a brain dead Thai driver than what food they are having for lunch or stupid clips of dogs.

Thrill seeking people pay fortunes to go to New Zealand for the adrenalin rush partaking in some crazy activities.  Come to Thailand and rent a car,  all for a fraction of the price you would pay for dangerous sports in NZ.  Then you can have an adrenalin rush in the comfort of a car and, fully insured of course so your relatives don't have to beg for money to bring your body home.    TAT should promote this aspect of Thailand much more. Of course for the ultimate dare devil adventure here  -rent a motor bike, not forgetting to leave your helmet off.

22 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

A daily occurrence from the Worst Drivers in the World. 

(yes I know Libya is #1 but they are a war-zone <deleted>).

I lived in Libya for 6 years from 2004 until 2010 and 23 years here, believe me that Libya is no way No.1 compared to Thailand.

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Both drivers not looking

both :shock1: ??????? the man that hit him had his view obstructed by the car with the dash cam, and who would expect a moron to come across the 3 rd land of a very fast stretch of road. i do hope your not a driver.

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

The little whit car totally in the wrong by attempting to cross at slow speed into fast moving traffic.

You are correct in that the white car was wrong but the major culprit here is the government for providing U-turns on a 3 and 2 lane motorway. That is just plain stupidity. They should periodically have left hand slip roads leading to either an under or over pass. It's not as if they don't have them here.

Did anyone else notice that the pick up driver had his hazard lights flashing at the moment of impact. I doubt he had time to do this or even thought to do so. I can only surmise that he was driving at speed with them on to warn people (like an ambulance) that he was coming through at high speed and to get out of his way! Didn't quite go the way that he/she planned. In any event, no lessons will be learned by either persons involved I guess.

They really have no idea how to negotiate U Turns, Now, you are going to have to try and visualize this, you are driving down a 3 lane highway, someone is attempting to turn into the flow of your traffic but want to be in the left hand lane, they will sit for an eternity waiting for all 3 lanes are clear so that they can head directly to their desired lane, they haven't figured out that they can join the traffic flow and then gently filter to the left, it is just so frustrating to watch and pathetic in the extreme and just reinforces the fact that they cannot drive.

Sorry rant over.   

these maneuvers happen every time someone sneezes. a 'mirror image" of this maneuver (when cars make right turns instead of U-turns) is as common. those who drive around victory monument know what i'm talking about. i'm mostly amazed at the amount of luck thai drivers possess, that accidents like this do not happen as often as they should.

as for the driver with the dashcam, not stopping... well done! i hold no sympathy for a-holes on the road. although i would've stopped for the the pickup truck driver.

27 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

Did anyone else notice that the pick up driver had his hazard lights flashing at the moment of impact. I doubt he had time to do this or even thought to do so. I can only surmise that he was driving at speed with them on to warn people (like an ambulance) that he was coming through at high speed and to get out of his way! Didn't quite go the way that he/she planned. In any event, no lessons will be learned by either persons involved I guess.

Some cars put hazards lights on for a few seconds if you emergency stop or braking hard from speed but I doubt this pick up truck has this feature installed.