Who is Donald Trump Jr and why is he compared to Fredo Corleone in The Godfather?

webfact

Who is Donald Trump Jr and why is he compared to Fredo Corleone in The Godfather?

By Our Foreign Staff 

Donald Trump Jr. has long been the brawler who has helped fuel the president's pugilistic instincts and stood firm as one of his fiercest defenders.

Now the president's eldest son is at the centre of the firestorm over Russian connections swirling around his father's administration and trying to fight off charges that he was open to colluding with Moscow to defeat Hillary Clinton.

Offered Russian help in defeating Hillary Clinton last year, Don Jr. jumped at the offer: "I love it," he emailed.

Full story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/donald-trump-jr-compared-fredo-corleone-godfather/

-- The Telegraph 2017-07-12

his dad is the POTUS....
  and the POTUS was a real estate developer.....
    in New York...
      in the 1970's.....

where and when you couldn't even get a room painted.... unless you did it yourself.....
          and then there is the cement thing..... 

and everyone knows all of this.

Trump has always been a big social business and political guy.... since the 70's.... and doubly so where it counts.. in the Northeast.

Edited by maewang99

Just now, Rancid said:

Looking at his Jewish son in law and daughter converting to Judaism, his close connections to Israel as opposed to Italy, can't really see the Italian Catholic mafia connection.

It was an analogy.  The gist of it is that just like Don Corleone, Donald Trump has a bumbling, incompetent, and weak-minded  son. Whether that's fair or not is another question.

49 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I think you're confusing "fat" with "stupid'.

You're right of course.  I was referring mostly to girth.  I can't think of anyone from that movie who would be as low down on the intelligence and honesty scale as Trump.  Even Luca Brasi was more honorable.

When pondering Trump and sons during this latest fiasco, a quote from poet/novelist Charles Bukowski during one of his more lucid moments comes to mind.

"The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

You guys should work for the MSM that's fueling this nowhere story. Not a single line from a Russian. Not a shred of "dirt" provided. The loser Dems are so wrapped up in their own ineptitude that we've now seen comparisons to Nixon and The Godfather and not a damned thing has ever come of it but to flood the airwaves with BS. No wonder most of the country doesn't trust the MSM anymore. The days of real news by real reporters the like of Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather have unfortunately died with them.

4 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

You guys should work for the MSM that's fueling this nowhere story. Not a single line from a Russian. Not a shred of "dirt" provided. The loser Dems are so wrapped up in their own ineptitude that we've now seen comparisons to Nixon and The Godfather and not a damned thing has ever come of it but to flood the airwaves with BS. No wonder most of the country doesn't trust the MSM anymore. The days of real news by real reporters the like of Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather have unfortunately died with them.

Quick! Someone inform Dan Rather that he's dead!

5 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

This is rather lighthearted stuff, so I'm amazed that you're bothered by it.  I thought we can have some fun with this thread.  Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be too many Godfather fans out there. 

18 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This is rather lighthearted stuff, so I'm amazed that you're bothered by it.  I thought we can have some fun with this thread.  Unfortunately, doesn't seem to be too many Godfather fans out there. 

I loved The Godfather movies and had this been 40 yrs ago when Real Estate Mogul Donald Trump was still dealing with mafia types I could see the humor, but it has been simply turned into another POTUS defamation thread over nothing.