Please be quiet!

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

what Chou says is correct.  You are getting what you pay for. If you want no noise, no disturbance,  then a nice hotel is the answer. If you stay in a cheap guesthouse then you have to expect noise .....   this is Thailand .   :shock1:

So, in fact you say that poor people are not civilized :passifier:

16 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Another option would be upgrading to a decent hotel...not a guarantee there won't be noise, but it's less likely the nicer place you get, and management is also like to be proactive (and do the knocking on the offending door for you) if problems arise.  

In the end, you get what you pay for...and if you compare hotels in Southeast Asia with those in Western countries, you really do get a lot for your money in SEAsia.  In the US now, it's hard to find any sort of decent hotel room (3 or 3.5 stars) in a large city for less than $200; in Bangkok, I stay in a 4 star "palace" for 2.3k baht.  And you don't need to get that "fancy;" you can do quite well for 1-1.2k a night, or even 8-900.

Didn't see your post before I post basically the same thing.  Not only do you get a quiet room when you pay more you also get someone to go fight these battles for you with a call to the front desk.  

I had a problem with my upstairs

Neighbor (other than noise)

I went upstairs and politely

Explained my problem

Case closed no more problem

And no hard feelings

Few weeks later the neighbor

Had a small problem with me

They politely mentioned it

And I immediately rectified the problem

Again  no hard feelings

And by the way

My neighbors are Thai

These people are Great neighbors

On 7/13/2017 at 3:23 AM, Don Chance said:

Mostly Thais don't even open the door and just leave it at that

True, I remember knocking on my noisy renting Thai neighbor to give them a gift but they never opened the door! luckily they moved out.

17 hours ago, fordguy61mi said:

Noise late at night even annoys other Thais.  My girl lives in a building with all Thais and complains about the noisy neighbors upstairs that stay up all night.

Every one hates it. 

Try to find one person in this world that honestly enjoys late night noise. 

It's just here people are so worried about losing face it really slows down the progression of the whole country. 

Despite some wide open spaces, there will be someone making noise somewhere!

It is quite a noisy place and disturbing others is not a consideration.

Better hotels may be less of a disturbance, then you can complain to reception if need be!

On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 9:26 AM, chickenslegs said:

My neighbour knocked on my door at 2:30am this morning; can you believe that 2:30am?!
Luckily for him I was still up playing my Bagpipes.

Where did I read the other day " Why do Scots walk while playing the bagpipes ? "

To get away from the noise.

About 7 yearsago on Samui or in Pattaya we stayed in a hotel with noisy neighbours , I think they were playing cards as every couple of mins there were whoops of delight , this went on 'till the small hours. On leaving next morning there was a ' Do not distrub '( yes distrub ) sign on the door , I turned it over to ' Please clean room '.