Briton Arrested For Spray Painting Chiang Mai Railway Station

webfact

15 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

I've had to go to that station a few times in the past.  Anything he painted HAD to be an improvement. :sorry:

If his name was Banksy he'd be given a free 10 year visa, work permit and be appointed as consultant to Ministry of Tourism!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, hobobo said:

If his name was Banksy he'd be given a free 10 year visa, work permit and be appointed as consultant to Ministry of Tourism!

True, though I never heard of Banksy slamming at 9am in broad daylight... 

This does wonders for the reputation of Brits abroad, and greatly enhances the respect given to resident farangs! A few weeks in the "Bangkok Hilton" followed by expulsion and a ban on ever returning would be the best that could happen

You'd inflict physical brutality on this idiot for a graffiti offense?  Physical brutality? Is that all you got?
Surely making the guy clean up the mess he made (and whole lot of the other) is a punishment befitting the crime?

No it's not, Thers no Graffiti in Singapore!.[emoji1434]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

No it's not, Thers no Graffiti in Singapore!.emoji1434.png

Hi Ace of Pop, love the name.  :smile:

Spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors aside your 'argument' is based on a number of logical fallacies. In any case, let's hope this 'artist' learns his lesson.

Hi Ace of Pop, love the name.  :smile:

Spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors aside your 'argument' is based on a number of logical fallacies. In any case, let's hope this 'artist' learns his lesson.

Pops short for Beer ,as for spellinz it's food for the Pedantics benefit.?[emoji481][emoji481]

3 hours ago, Penicillin said:

You would be surprised that some of these no talent beings actually believe what they do is welcomed art . 

As a trial court judge, I have often maxed out monetary fines on age 18+ graffiti artists . The problem is, they are difficult to catch.  I had one in court that was caught hanging on ropes spraying the concrete overpass on the highway in the middle of the night. 

He made a statement in court that his "work" was not graffiti, but rather art. Additionally, he wanted his "artists" cans of spray paint returned to him. I assessed  him the cost to close the freeway and crew to clean up his "art " mess in a restitution order. 

Oh! What a modern, open minded judge you were. I  bet you wishes there were still the death penalty and then you could have had him hung from the overpass. Geese! I do hope the Thai cops fit you up with a minor motoring offence and bung you in a police cell for a few nights after demanding your rights. 

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Graffiti is not an art form, it is a crime, and the criminal should be made to repaint the whole building as

well as get a fine. Being that he is a Brit, after repainting the station , he should get deported back to Britain

at that point.

Geezer

It is.

The cave dwellers did it. 

By the way, that wall is covered with graffiti and tags.  Judging for the shear amount, me guess is that the 'offenders' were predominantly Thai with a fraction of a percent of idiots like the 'evil, disrespectful' Brit.  

A rather pedantic correct colleague visited me in my office in Munich one day many years ago, he was somewhat excited and a little disturbed. It was his birthday and his teenage son had woken him up at 4 in the morning to drive him to his birthday present, he was annoyed and surprised but went along with him. They drove to a railway depot with lots of sheds for the trains and waited out side on the pavement peering through the mesh fence, ''What are we waiting for'' wait wait said the boy looking at his watch, 5 minuets later one of Munich's newest city trains rolled out of the shed with 'FROHE GEBURTSTAG PAPA' (happy birthday dad) sprayed in beautiful Gothic German letters in black all along the side of the brand new train. He said he was close to fainting when he saw it. His son had spent 5 hours during the night spraying the greeting with stencils that he had prepared days before. He was touched,angry, disturbed and proud at the same time. I told him that he had a brilliant son, it was tasteful vandalism that could be removed.

14 hours ago, Alphy said:

Must have had a tough paper round, come from a broken home, never saw his Dad and his Mum use to beat him? Mitigating circumstances your Honour!

That <deleted> will not wash here. Thousands of Thais have had a lot worse upbringing

Seems it no longer good enough for these Brits to just get in trouble from drunken misadventure, now these tossers must go out looking for trouble.

One can be constantly amazed at the walking excrement that let into the country

And yet they will be hassling some middle aged tourist for not having baht 20k on his person.

Shame

1 hour ago, aslimversgwm said:

Oh! What a modern, open minded judge you were. I  bet you wishes there were still the death penalty and then you could have had him hung from the overpass. Geese! I do hope the Thai cops fit you up with a minor motoring offence and bung you in a police cell for a few nights after demanding your rights. 

You make to many assumptions 

"were" no, current , yes 

"open minded" yes , but perhaps unlike you,  I do believe in the rule of law. 

Capital punishment does exist for homicide cases and the jury makes the decision. 

Since I don't drive when I am in Thailand , it's doubful I will be making any minor motoring offense. 

I've already been in a Thai jail and the Bangkok Hilton ....to observe , as a guest of the Thai Minister of Justice that was in one of my law classes in the USA. 

14 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It was/is a graffiti wall.

All artists welcome.

Just unlucky someone didn't appreciate his work.

He should have charged them 4k.

I agree. This is a wall that has seen graffiti sprayers over a long period of time now. Most of the stuff will have been sprayed by Thais, presumably. Just look at the 'boarded' windows. The stuff sprayed on looks old. He certainly didn't do it all by himself, did he?

Having said that - he got caught and deserves a 4k Baht fine. I hate the pratts that do that.

In Montpellier, France, a number of years ago, I saw some very beautiful replica Roman style buildings. They were really something to see, except they had been totally vandalised by stupid graffiti stuff. I would remove their fingers, personally.  All braindeads. Including this 'Brit'!

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

WE need to get the Police armed, drive around at night and shooting anyone they see vandalising

Just anyone they see. People who are out after dark are known troublemakers. Shooting is possibly too good for them!! Hanging then raping, or raping then hanging and then shooting?? And burning!! And a good drowning!! Job done.

The bloke is a complete tosser, and it seems hasn't been born with many gray cells to be doing that stuff at his age.

Reminds me of going to work to find my shop had been got at by these scrotes. In the UK it was criminal damage for which the ol' bill spent zillions trying to catch a____holes...

18 minutes ago, angsta said:

Just anyone they see. People who are out after dark are known troublemakers. Shooting is possibly too good for them!! Hanging then raping, or raping then hanging and then shooting?? And burning!! And a good drowning!! Job done.

Oh yeah! Shoot them, twice ........but very, very slowly.

Then hang 'em, rape and deport 'em.

(Oh cane 'em should be in there somewhere too). 

4000bht fine? Just a joke. Should have been arrested, put in handcuffs and made to clean the wall. Then completely repaint it, making a near perfect job of it, all the while still in handcuffs! Then confined to the monkey house for a week before being deported.  :smile:  Cretin.

RE - Briton Arrested For Spray Painting Chiang Mai Railway Statio

At the age of 38  finally the dream comes true...

Archived