Briton Arrested For Spray Painting Chiang Mai Railway Station

webfact

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

WE need to get the Police armed, drive around at night and shooting anyone they see vandalising

Great idea, I'm  with you.  People who go out deliberately destroying other people's property with total disregard for others deserve it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, the guest said:

Force him to clean the whole wall by hand, then arrest him, and then deport him ! We don't need trash like that in Thailand!

Who is "we"? Yet another " I am so Thai" poster. Grow up ! 

Force him to clean the whole wall by hand, then arrest him, and then deport him ! We don't need trash like that in Thailand!

True, we have enough of them back in the UK.

"Thailand is for Thais, and that's the best advise I can give." - Your words from a previous post, yet now you seem to include yourself in the "Thai" group.

Still pathetic.

2 hours ago, johncat1 said:

He should have been charged and made to repaint the wall himself as part of his punishment I doubt he would need a work permit for acting on police instructions His fine should also have been 40,000 not 4,000

If instructed by police or court to repaint, this would be classed as community service and not work. He should be made to repaint this building and 9 other buildings in need of painting as well as paying for the paying himself on top of a fine and any compensation payable.

2 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

4000 baht fine about right.  40,000 is ridiculous.

It isn't, vandalism is a hobby in the enlightened UK along with being drunk and disorderly and stabbing, 4,000 Baht is a joke he should have done time.

Just now, mindfulness said:

... I can visualise it now if Banksy did a few trademark works. Gets caught pays 4000bt, and the clown at the train station paints over them. 

Banksy isn't a vandal, he is an artist with something to say, he amuses.

Just now, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Putting somebody in prison for drawing on a wall... thank goodness this isn't a police state.

40,000 isn't a deterrent, it's a money-making exercise for whatever 'authority' pockets the cash.

It doesn't have to be a deterrent, it's a punishment and would have been a well deserved one

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Banksy isn't a vandal, he is an artist with something to say, he amuses.

You're assuming the guy in the report isn't doing the same thing as Banksy?  Either writing on a wall is vandalism or it isn't.  You can't have a different rule for the ones who are better at it than others.

6 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Don't they have the cane in Thailand?  Taggers are the visual vandals of the modern city, they deserve any punishment the law can dish out.

4,000 bt to have wall repainted maybe 500 bt to repaint it and 3500 bt to the thai guy 

i would have repainted it for 3800 bt as a cut price job 

23 minutes ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

You're assuming the guy in the report isn't doing the same thing as Banksy?  Either writing on a wall is vandalism or it isn't.  You can't have a different rule for the ones who are better at it than others.

It's true that the law must apply for all but I would pay Banksy to paint on my wall. If the picture shown is the man in question it doesn't look as if he is being artistic in any way. It would also seem that he wasn't alone in vandalizing the wall, he was just adding to it but that is no excuse

3 hours ago, johncat1 said:

He should have been charged and made to repaint the wall himself as part of his punishment I doubt he would need a work permit for acting on police instructions His fine should also have been 40,000 not 4,000

oh why not just hang him?

Sorry to all of you who want him drawn and quartered. He could not have done more than a spot or two on that wall. Clearly (to someone like myself who has lived in NYC and LA), many styles here, indicating many graffiti artists at work.  Alas, in LA it can be an art form. This is crap. Chiang Mai can do better!

Archived