Tourist Visa Extension

hey everybody, i need a bit of help...

my tourist visa expires on jan. 7 2007 but i want to extend it another 30 days...if i go to the embassy on jan 7th, will they give me the extension that day? or would i have to go earlier, like the day before?

the problem is, my flight out of thailand is on feb. 7...i want to make sure that my extension doesnt expire before my feb. flight...

so, is it possible for me to go to the embassy on jan 7th and get my extension approved that day?

any help would be very much appreciated..thanks!

hey everybody, i need a bit of help...

my tourist visa expires on jan. 7 2007 but i want to extend it another 30 days...if i go to the embassy on jan 7th, will they give me the extension that day? or would i have to go earlier, like the day before?

the problem is, my flight out of thailand is on feb. 7...i want to make sure that my extension doesnt expire before my feb. flight...

so, is it possible for me to go to the embassy on jan 7th and get my extension approved that day?

any help would be very much appreciated..thanks!

Depends on your nationality. But surmising you are European, if the Jan 7th was a Monday to Friday you can do the extension on the same date.

However, as Jan 7th 2007, falls on a Sunday that means you need to do the extension on Jan 5th. I've seen some cases, that would be approved even though you would go on Monday the 8th, but its up to the officer. Best to go on the 5th, show your ticket leaving on the 7th of Feb and try to get the extension till then.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

ah, thanks for the info guys...i would have looked stupid at the embassy asking for an extension, haha...

can any of you help me out a little more...i found the address to the immigration office and found out which stop i need to get off on the sky train...is it correct that i should get off at the sala daeng stop? or should i transfer to the MRT from there and get off at the lumpini stop? and once i get off the train or subway, would i need to take a bus/taxi, or would i be able to find it by walking?

thanks again guys! =)

You could walk but it is a fair distance (perhaps 20 minutes for my old legs). The Lumpini subway is the only place I have walked from and you exit onto South Sathon and walk West past Sukothai Hotel and the high rise with tree in it, pass Oz Embassy and at gas station turn left onto Suan Plu (first red light on S. Sathon). Walk until you pass a local police station on left - next is Immigration Police - and if you go past next is Post Office. You enter building at front far right side.

If you really want to save your legs how about the one-stop visa

place on Ratchadaphisek.

About 100m south of the exit from Suthisan subway station on

the west side of the road.

:o

Can anyone help here?

If i want t to extend my stay(tourist visa 30 days) by just a few days approx 4-5 can i just do it at the airport when leaving or do i have to goto immigration before?

Hey Farangsay is the one stop visa place quicker than immigration,more expensive?

Many thanks.

You must extend your stay while you are here in a legal status. So a trip to immigration is required. And I have not heard that tourist extensions of stay can be obtained at the "One Stop Center" but would be happy to learn otherwise.

If you really want to save your legs how about the one-stop visa

place on Ratchadaphisek.

About 100m south of the exit from Suthisan subway station on

the west side of the road.

:o

i could be wrong as things may have changed,but krisda plaza(ratchada) does not deal with tourist visa extentions.i used to live round the corner and tried once.was about 4 years ago though ,so may have changed.

hey lopburi, thanks for the directions...they were perfect...=)

and The Coder, you were wrong bout the 30 days being added to the end of the visa! they added 30 days starting today! which means i have to go back and pay another 1900 baht to get another extension before i leave on the 7th of feb.!

ah well, all in all, it was a good experience...things went smoother than i thought...thanks for all the help guys!

=)

hey lopburi, thanks for the directions...they were perfect...=)

and The Coder, you were wrong bout the 30 days being added to the end of the visa! they added 30 days starting today! which means i have to go back and pay another 1900 baht to get another extension before i leave on the 7th of feb.!

ah well, all in all, it was a good experience...things went smoother than i thought...thanks for all the help guys!

=)

err!! Not sure you can get another extension on a TV. better check You may need to do a visa run and get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

They made a mistake when adding 30 from when you applied, it should be tacked on to the end of 60 days. Always check visa date stamps before leaving the counter. You may be able to get it corrected but you can only get one extension per entry unles you have unusual circumstances such as medical needs.

P

oh wow, i'm sorry The Coder...you were right...i accidentally looked at the visa sticker and thought my 60 days started from the day the sticker was stamped...but then i saw a stamp on the next page saying that my visa was up a couple days earlier than i thought...so the office of immigration didn't make a mistake..the mistake was mine =/

thanks for the heads up guys!

and sorry for the mistake!

oh wow, i'm sorry The Coder...you were right...i accidentally looked at the visa sticker and thought my 60 days started from the day the sticker was stamped...but then i saw a stamp on the next page saying that my visa was up a couple days earlier than i thought...so the office of immigration didn't make a mistake..the mistake was mine =/

thanks for the heads up guys!

and sorry for the mistake!

Whew, thanks for the update! If you ever need to squeak a little more time out, you can get a 2nd extension (14 days) and even a 3rd (7 days) each for 1900. These ones actually do start from the day you show up unlike the 1st one. Some have said they aren't given out as easily but my experience is they offer them out to you without hesitation and their full recommendation. Plan B would be to hop on a 2000 baht visa run bus where they take you to a border and back within a day and you get another 30 days.

Anyway, glad it worked out.

You will pay a fine of 1,000 baht and your passport will be marked as an over-stayer. If you are found before you reach the airport you will be arrested and jailed until your court appearance, fined and deported. Don't overstay. If you have several days too much visit immigration with your air ticket before on overstay and request a short extension. Cost is only 1,900 baht and a photo or two.

You will pay a fine of 1,000 baht and your passport will be marked as an over-stayer. If you are found before you reach the airport you will be arrested and jailed until your court appearance, fined and deported. Don't overstay. If you have several days too much visit immigration with your air ticket before on overstay and request a short extension. Cost is only 1,900 baht and a photo or two.

Many thanks for your advice Lopburi.

Many thanks for your advice Lopburi.

IMHO it ain't worth the risk Faldo. :o