Need to complete TM30, but arriving in CM on Friday evening. What to do?

CrashTestDummy

Hello,

I'm leaving the country for about a week and will be arriving at CM Internationally Airport on a Friday evening. I'll be living at a private home that's in my Thai wife's name, so it's our responsibility to take care of the TM30. We very recently purchased this house and have never done a TM30. 

I'm concerned that if we try to complete the TM30 at Promenada on Monday morning, we'll be hit with a fine (1,600 baht?). 

What's my best course of action here? Would it be possible to handle this at the CM airport Friday evening?

Thanks in advance.

-CTD 

Report on Monday, no problem. When I came back in October there was a government holiday plus the weekend so 4 days before I could report, no problem, no fine. You may also have to fill out a TM28 to get on the computerized system. That is a one time thing

Edited by ramrod711
spelling

14 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

Report on Monday, no problem. When I came back in October there was a government holiday plus the weekend so 4 days before I could report, no problem, no fine. You may also have to fill out a TM28 to get on the computerized system. That is a one time thing

Good to know. Is there a different queue or particular place we need to go if only completing a TM30?

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Dipterocarp said:

If it is your first TM30 report in Chiang Mai you may be fined anyway. 

Not if you (actually your landlord or hotel) does it on the first business day after arriving at your place of residence, or submits online or via e-mail.    (Their online system is out again though.)

It's not actually your arrival date in the country that's relevant here, it's when you show up at the place where you stay.  You could holiday all over Thailand first. 

You (actually, your landlord) only gets fined if you volunteer to say you've been living somewhere for however long without a TM30 being submitted.

You also don't have to show up yourself; it's your landlord (your wife's) job.

but, if they see he was in the country a week before; and no report on file, but he did 90 day reports....there is plenty of evidence against him...if they decide to ding him.  It is a coin toss....but apparently, if you raise a stink, they will threaten you with multiplying the fine times entries.  I did mine right upon return..and was dinged...my yellow book was used against me.  He night even have better odds if he does it now.

So it depends whether or not the person listed on the TM30 has used that address for a 90 day report or an extension of stay.  If not

Landlord comes in alone to report TM 30.  Immigration asks where did this person you are reporting on live before he came to your place.  Landlord answers, I don't know.  When did they come to your place? Yesterday.  What basis would Immigration have to impose a fine?  None. 

13 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Not if you (actually your landlord or hotel) does it on the first business day after arriving at your place of residence, or submits online or via e-mail.    (Their online system is out again though.)

It's not actually your arrival date in the country that's relevant here, it's when you show up at the place where you stay.  You could holiday all over Thailand first. 

You (actually, your landlord) only gets fined if you volunteer to say you've been living somewhere for however long without a TM30 being submitted.

You also don't have to show up yourself; it's your landlord (your wife's) job.

I don't have a landlord. I purchased the condo years ago. Last year they started with the TM30. 

I have an official receipt for this "offense". 1600 Baht.

A nice little earner.

46 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

I don't have a landlord. I purchased the condo years ago. Last year they started with the TM30. 

I have an official receipt for this "offense". 1600 Baht.

A nice little earner.

They started it more than a year ago, I have a TM30 more than 3 years old, no charge.  Never would have gotten it if it was not widely discussed around that time.  Good to know that you are a nice little payer.

I'm sure I filed a TM30 in 2008. (couldn't find a receipt/record). . Since then I had 45 or 50 entries. What was I supposed to do with Pineapple face at Building3 say no?  Already angry at me for daring to open the door during their lunch time (there is no sign that they are closed). An old rude Farang was in there later making a fuss, he did not get any love. I have no problem complying with 24hr/TM30  even if it is enforced in Chiang Mai only but I think it would have been sporting to give say 90 notice of this new requirement instead of fleecing all and sundry. It must add up to a pile, hope it goes to the new building and not in some inspectors slush fund. So I was out 1600. Another young man from Canada there with his English speaking real estate hottie. He had just came back had to fly to Lao suddenly for a new Visa because his landlord was in BKK and he could not get them to cooperate in time for an extension!

By the way during this wonderful experience I had one officer tell me the TM30 was required any time I re-entered the country and another tell me it was required anytime I spent a night outside of Chiang Mai. They were literally at arms length at the same table. When I asked for clarification  on this they just stared back in silence.  I'm going with re-entering the country.

Edited by Dipterocarp

What a coincidence, he has been on mine for years.  My experience with TM30 was just about identical to yours.  And yes, a few people in a panic, as well as some Thais paying fines, and a farang with body odor bad enough to knock the buzzards off a manure cart.  The main reason I complied was to make sure a four hour wait for my extension didn't have a chance of being ruined.  There was a sign up for the marriage extension people....TM30 required.

2 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

You obviously don't live in Thailand and are baiting. Welcome to ignore list.

Wrong on both accounts and there are many others who for years have had no problems with immigration.  

13 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Last year they started with the TM30. 

11 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

I'm sure I filed a TM30 in 2008. (couldn't find a receipt/record). .

Which is it, they started last year or you filed in 2008?