‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact

20 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Did you read the previous posts? In this country it is an offense to desecrate the currency due to there being the image of H.M. King Bhumibol.  Flattening the image of a U.S.President is not considered as serious as here in Thailand.

Apart from that, our Nate ought to be doing things of a more mature level than pranks that 8 year olds try.

Gruesome thought having Trump's head immortalized as pocket change.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

If I was this fella, I would quit while still ahead.

trust me, in most eyes, he is anything but a head;

too bad he used foreign coins,  :tongue: 

i would have had tremendous schadenfreude seeing him get 112... 

I had my first holiday in LOS when I was his age (23) way back in 1978. Stayed in Sukhimvitt Soi 1 where the train would fly past at regular intervals, my mate and me would sit at a small outdoor restaurant inches from the tracks and enjoy a few Singha's while plotting our night out on the town. The thought of placing coins on the tracks was farthest from our minds (think Grace, Patpong and the Thermae).

Wake up Nate Mate and don't be such a tosser ! There are better ways to entertain yourself in Bangkok. Ahhh the youth of today and yesterday makes one wonder...

have to go now, I hear mother calling.

21 hours ago, Dave67 said:

"but added that obstructing rail tracks with objects is illegal and could end up derailing trains." I

Trust me  a coin cannot derail a train , 

Just out of curiosity is your last comment based on fact or just your opinion? I don't know if it could or couldn't, you seem to have knowledge on the subject. Personally I doubt it would but too but I know planes have been brought down by bugs and it's not much of a stretch to think something on the tracks could derail a train. Irresponsible act in any case and he should be dealt with by the authorities and then deported, for risking people's lives and rail property. Just my 2cents

22 hours ago, ben2talk said:

If he's using Thai coins, then he is lucky not to be arrested for deliberately destroying the image on the coin. He's not that stupid - he used foreign coins. The reaction that it's dangerous is rather ridiculous.. though if you search you'll find that in America there are kids aged about 8 or 9 doing this (equivalent to Thai age 18 to 29 perhaps).

I heard a story about someone who reacted, when a 500 baht note blew away, by chasing it down and stamping on it to stop it blowing any further. They got into a whole load of trouble for putting their foot on the head...

Even if they are foreign coins can we not get him locked up for 10 years for inciting young Thais to do similar with thai coins. Pleeeeeeeeeease

According to his answers to the backlash on the cat and scorpion video, he works for a school somewhere and has the papers. Surprised to see he's still here.... 

Omg, the poor children...

Not a day old and on page 22 already. 

Nate - or whatever his name is - does controversial things - to get a following (for whatever reasons).

After we have vented our collective disgust can't we move on!?

There is actually important, interesting and humorous stuff out there for us to spend our time on.

Apart from the obvious dangers involved, and the childish nature of this, it is never okay to destroy or damage Thai money on purpose.   Every coin and note bears an immage of His Majesty the King Rama IX. Destroying money on purpose or handling it disrespectfully is not acceptable behavior.

Edited by Soneva

22 hours ago, Dave67 said:

"but added that obstructing rail tracks with objects is illegal and could end up derailing trains." I

Trust me  a coin cannot derail a train , 

This is Thailand though. Trains have been known to derail for many strange reasons. Physics work differently in Thailand.

1 hour ago, jabis said:

Keep wondering what other person's "body mass index" has to do with you :cheesy:

what i wrote is based upon observation. i might be morbidly obese, smelly and stupid but its tough to deny people are attracted to fit persons.  biology

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

another intelligent objective analysis.

agree. 

Did you not read or could you not understand what was written?

"" . . . maybe not so silly, if a few minutes of fame is his  goal."

The analysis was nothing more than a conceivable rationale for why this guy, or anyone else, would do these things. 

4 minutes ago, atyclb said:

what i wrote is based upon observation. i might be morbidly obese, smelly and stupid but its tough to deny people are attracted to fit persons.  biology

Not my observations on "normal relationships"

People choose partners on many diffrent criteria but only one night stands are  based how fit you or they are.

5 hours ago, Emster23 said:

He's American, but calling someone "mate" is not. Perhaps call him "My Yank Wank" (I'm 'Merican, so okay). More fitting I suppose.

He got the name "My Mate Nate" from an Australian racehorse. Which if nothing else would account for the mindless toothy grin. 

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

because normal bmi personable thai proficient farangs can actually experience normal style dating. his celebrity status certainly doesn't hurt.. i dont know what his gender preference is but my statements remain applicable to hetero or otherwise

you raising the question about getting laid for free is like trying to disprove justin bieber doesnt pay to get laid.

he is Mormon, homosexuality is out of the equation

i would wager that the company he works for is a Mormon-based concern, either directly or through nominees...

1 hour ago, bananafish said:

Unless they were Thai coins, I'm sure he can pay whatever fine comes his way. He has to have made well over $1,000,000 on youtube. 

not necessarily, i have 25,000+ views and my total youtube take is 50 cents

it takes hundreds of millions of views to make $1,000,000 on youtube

i would wager that the company he works for is a Mormon-based concern, either directly or through nominees...

He's straight but there are many gay Mormons as well. They have to deal with the pain of reconciling their sexuality with their faith as Mormonism is very anti gay though. Like staying in the closet is one way.

5 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

Just because someone is a moron sorry mormon it means nothing. Most catholics i know use durex.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He's straight but there are many gay Mormons as well. They have to deal with the pain of reconciling their sexuality with their faith as Mormonism is very anti gay though. Like staying in the closet is one way.

exactly!!!

i know several gay Mormons, gay Muslims as well, it is not easy for them anad the realistic options

are either stay closeted or leave the faith...

2 minutes ago, jenifer d said:

exactly!!!

i know several gay Mormons, gay Muslims as well, it is not easy for them anad the realistic options

are either stay closeted or leave the faith...

So him being a homo sexual is not out of the question after all

Edited by jeab1980

3 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Perspective 3 mill folowers that means 3 mill people have visited his you tube page. Maybee took a look and left never to return but there still part of the 3 million figure

no that's 3,000,000 subscribers, many more than that have visited and/or watched his videos,

moronic or not; many who visit a youtube channel will NOT subscribe

Just now, jeab1980 said:

So him being a homo sexual is not out of the wuestion after all

i said out of the equation, not out of the question, i should have clarified and stated as a practicing, proseltyzing Mormon, homosexuality is out of the equation

26 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Not my observations on "normal relationships"

People choose partners on many diffrent criteria but only one night stands are  based how fit you or they are.

i think the context is about nate's ability and access to dating and not exactly solidifying a partner.  going by your reasoning 2 fit attractive people on a date that sleep together dont continue to see each other.

1 hour ago, 650721 said:

I had my first holiday in LOS when I was his age (23) way back in 1978. Stayed in Sukhimvitt Soi 1 where the train would fly past at regular intervals, my mate and me would sit at a small outdoor restaurant inches from the tracks and enjoy a few Singha's while plotting our night out on the town. The thought of placing coins on the tracks was farthest from our minds (think Grace, Patpong and the Thermae).

Wake up Nate Mate and don't be such a tosser ! There are better ways to entertain yourself in Bangkok. Ahhh the youth of today and yesterday makes one wonder...

have to go now, I hear mother calling.

yeah nate, you aint lived til you have frequented Grace, Patpong and the Thermae and the likes.  shame on you nate . LOL