Thinking of working in Thailand? Here are the 39 things that you can't do!

rooster59

9 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Many seem to get away with pimping with a bar or 'club' as a front

Here's the loophole for that one...

"2. Farming including looking after livestock, forestry and fisheries (exception: farm manager)."

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

There are 2 auction houses in Pattaya, and in both the auctioneer is a foreigner, going on for about a decade.

Working in agriculture is not allowed. Why does Thai Visa have a farming forum ? It's all a load of *****x.

4 minutes ago, DerekMarshall said:

Because you were granted your licence for non-commercial non-employment purposes!.

Please post a link to that please.

Edited by sinbin

10 hours ago, ezflip said:

So....if I ask my girlfriend to play "dress-up" I would be in violation of the immigration laws?

Well if you two did play dress up and provided sufficient photographs or perhaps a short video, I would forgive you.....

7 hours ago, KIWIBATCH said:

33. Rolling cigarettes by hand.

Damn...there goes the future plans for my career...but hang on..maybe I could roll them using my feet....mmm.

Or between your thighs if you are a virgin....

3 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

oi you were complaining about descriptions of starched nurses in another thread, your new found freedom going to your head lol!

I find it a nonsense that foreigners who are married to Thai, can not work normally here to contribute to the common family income.
It is only possible with complicated company structures, accountants and a very high imagination salary statement.
There is no other country in the world with this anti-foreigner legislation, for those living and married with native people.
Inhuman and repulsive.

14 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

oi you were complaining about descriptions of starched nurses in another thread, your new found freedom going to your head lol!

I was thinking of the Cuban cigars but yes the thought othose starched nurses uniforms will likely disturb my sleep tonight now you brought it up

Edited by The Dark Lord
Screen freeze on iPad

10 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

I was thinking of the Cuban cigars but yes the thought othose starched nurses uniforms will likely disturb my sleep tonight nowhou brough

the alcohol is still working but again you haven't had enough as you can still partially type ......

27 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

I just realised what you typed, you want virgin men rolling cigarettes on their thighs?.  better book the flight to the UK sooner than later, escaping from Isaan is going to your head ......

11 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Do you drive heavy machinery? That's what it implied. You can drive a car or pickup, but not a truck used for commercial purposes.

Driving ,       including operating,      heavy machinery (exception: airline pilot between countries)

Well tell that to the Laotians and Cambodians who drive Lao and Cambodian plated trucks into Thailand as part of bilateral transport agreements with Thailand. In practice, they don't or aren't allowed to drive to Bangkok, but one can certainly find Lao trucks throughout Isarn, particularly in the provinces that share a border checkpoint with Laos while Cambodian trucks are usually seen only in border towns such as Aranyaprathet. Similarly, buses operating between Thailand and Laos/Cambodia and Thailand and Malaysia are being driven by nationals of these countries. Unlike trucks, these buses do travel to Bangkok - there are 4 routes connecting Bangkok and Cambodia/Laos, with 2 routes each to these countries (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Vientiane and Pakse). The Cambodian routes are operated on an alternate day basis by Cambodian/Thai buses with the Cambodian buses obviously being driven by Cambodian nationals, while the Thai buses are driven by Thai nationals. There are also 13 more Thai/Lao routes from various parts of Isarn and northern Thailand, with Thai/Lao buses operating on an alternate day basis and more planned on being added.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

28. Acting as an agent or representative (except in contact with foreign companies)

Hmm, that is very interesting as part of my job is exactly that, acting as a representative for a Thai registered company with other Thai registered companies. The other Thai companies are vendors.

Just got back from a trip doing that.

8 hours ago, MJL1962 said:

You need to qualify that. Anything a Thai can do well or competently is prohibited. 

But there is no mention of street gang bashings, murder, wife beating or collecting brown envelopes?

Edited by Reigntax

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Bugger!

And there I was thinking I had cornered the market already.

Anyone want a mulberry plantation?

Sorry mate I'm a bit skint at the moment trying to shift my chain of Rattan Mats R Us superstores....

Some offensive posts and replies have been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 hour ago, silverado said:

33. Rolling cigarettes by hand.

no problem, i know what i must take with me next time i come to thailand and let my neighbours's children doing the job...  :ph34r:

machine-a-tube-semi-auto-noir-ouvert.jpg

Until just recently, the ministry's description for this was "paper hand job" (ref post 114).

16 hours ago, alant said:

How would a body have say a company meeting in Thailand? Or attend an exhibition? 

I recall reading somewhere that you could actually represent a company at a trade show perhaps even on a tourist visa (TR)