ID card for my half Thai daughter born in Australia

ellathai

Hi all

l was checking into this about 2 years ago and the time has come, my daughter who is half Thai is coming to see us in October.Since she will be here l want to get her a Thai ID. She has a thai passport,her birth is registered at the Thai Embassy in Canberra, has both birth certificates Australian and the one translated by the Thai Embassy. Our Talaban can be difficult sometimes. l know they will want embassy certifications of everything and certification by the MFA all translated. She is 22. The reason for all this is so we can put her  in the Thai will. Is there anyone out there that has done this recently? And do you have to go to your local Talaban like with the yellow book or can you go to any.

My wife and l are going to the Talaban in the next couple days to ask them about it would like to go with more knowledge about it than l have now.

Cheers 

I have not done this myself in any way but the fundamentals here are clear: She is a 22 year old Thai citizen, she has reached majority in Thailand (happens at the age of 20), she does not need parental consent (which would have complicated things). The key is if she has her original Thai birth certificate or not (a translated English one is useless at Tessaban/amphur), Thai passport is not the correct Thai document and won't doIf she does, then she is in the system and just a Thai citizen who for whatever reason never has had an ID card before. She just go there with her original birth certificate and copies, 2 adult Thai witnesses who know her with their original ID cards and copies and that's it. She should need no foreign documents

If she doesn't have her original birth certificate, then it should get problematic and probably lengthy, she must get one. Tessaban/amphur there may not even be able to do it. She needs Thai paper work for sure (whatever issued by the Thai embassy in English won't do). She needs an original Thai birth certificate and then everything else should be easy

8 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

I have not done this myself in any way but the fundamentals here are clear: She is a 22 year old Thai citizen, she has reached majority in Thailand (happens at the age of 20), she does not need parental consent (which would have complicated things). The key is if she has her original Thai birth certificate or not (a translated English one is useless at Tessaban/amphur), Thai passport is not the correct Thai document and won't doIf she does, then she is in the system and just a Thai citizen who for whatever reason never has had an ID card before. She just go there with her original birth certificate and copies, 2 adult Thai witnesses who know her with their original ID cards and copies and that's it. She should need no foreign documents

If she doesn't have her original birth certificate, then it should get problematic and probably lengthy, she must get one. Tessaban/amphur there may not even be able to do it. She needs Thai paper work for sure (whatever issued by the Thai embassy in English won't do). She needs an original Thai birth certificate and then everything else should be easy

Thanks for your reply, l will go to the Tessaban today and see what they have to say, There is no original Thai birth certificate only one from the embassy which is in THai. l will post there answers when l get back to help others>

45 minutes ago, ellathai said:

One more thing, do you know if one can apply at any  Tessaban or only the local one?

Believe it's correct to say, have to go to the locale where your wife is registered on her household card, also understand daughter will have to be registered on household card to obtain Thai ID card. If I'm incorrect someone will come along to advise.

Different situation but you could only get an original birth certificate replacement at the amphur where it was originally issued when I did it last in 2006, don't know if that has changed

Simple1 is right that your daughter must be registered on a blue tabien baan to get an ID card (so she should bring tabien baan too, she will not formally need chau baan, master of the house hold but they may still ask for that person anyway as it is the best witness 

My daughters mother pawned the family car behind my back once many years ago and I got a bit irritated and kicked her out of my tabien baan... She could still replace her ID card at the same amphur when it expired so that can be done anywhere with the expired ID as ID :)

I doubt this applies for the OPs case though. I'm sure there is a process (that must be followed) to get an original Thai birth certificate issued for the first time but it's not common and normal officers probably don't know. Better get to the amphur around 8AM and explain and ask to see the supervisor

Edited by MikeyIdea

Well 111111.................hen mfa green stamp, turn up with daughter and they will do itn stamp, turn up with daWell that went well, have to go back tomorrow to show originals, the bitch is on holidays or dead one of the two. But certifications by the embassy translated and then mfa green stamp, turn up with daughter and they will do itughter and they will do it

Ok

Went to the Tessaban and went quite well, Showed them copies of

1/ Australian marriage cerificate
2/ Thai Embassy translation

3/Australian Birth Certificate

4/Thai Embassy Translation

Want us to get certification Australian Embassy Bangkok

Translated into Thai

Approved MFA

Same with daughters thai passport when it arrives

They want to see the originals tomorrow,

Then they will put in House book and issue id when all is done.

Yang Talat Tessaban