KTB online banking now too secure for me

Just now, Antonymous said:

I don't know what your beef is bbi1.

I provided a simple solution to the OP's dilemma. How does your comment help?

I ain't got no beef bro. I'm full of love for my brothers from a different mother.

I have been using my KTB account abroad ,mainly in other Asean countries, for years. Since the roaming charges are horrendous,I as soon as I enter foreign soil, take out my Thai SIM.

Then,when I use the KTB account for any kind of transaction or payment, I briefly reinsert the Thai SIM to receive the OTP and as soon as I am done take it out again.Has worked every time. 

Just curious whether the banks charge for the OTP SMS ? Can't be much or I would have noticed.

On 18/07/2017 at 5:09 PM, stubuzz said:

This is true when the beneficiary is a company.

Do you need to buy an international roaming package?

Not at all, although you will pay if you use roaming facilities like making calls from overseas or sending texts, but you only need receive texts which costs me nothing. I use Pay-As-You-Go, by the way.

Edited by jacko45k

On 2017-7-18 at 2:21 PM, avander said:

I have KTB accounts also.  I went to my local branch and they gave me a form to Deactivate TOP (=OTP).  Filled it in and they processed it on the spot for me.  No hassles and no more OTP requests to my phone.

Well, following some PMs back and forth with the OP about his problem in making this happen at KTB I tried some specific netbanking today and discovered my OTP cancellation did not work.

After a lengthy visit to my home KTB branch who also discussed with their internal "Help desk" I left with little confidence in KTBs ability to provide the service I wanted.  As a consequence I will be looking for alternative banking options.  

Just wanted to let anyone else considering this to know. 

Lesson learned!  :whistling:

Edited by avander