Russian woman begging with baby in Bangkok sparks debate amongst Thais online

webfact

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Yes-and then they can sit down with a good book (does anyone  read good books these days?) such as Dr Elias Aboujaoude."Virtually You-The Dangerous Powers of the E Personality" and learn all about themselves,if they are capable of doing so.

Meanwhile it's back to stoning,flogging and deporting this women,Transylvania,1435 AD style.

People take note, he's read a book

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

Why are you bothering to read a book for me ?

2 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

4 minutes ago, Tilacme said:

It is good to understand people like you-the dangerous powers of the E personality and things like that..

Meanwhile,I am very sure that the Thai authorities will interview this lady and sort things out.I have every confidence in them,don't you?

23 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Sure-that's how it's done.

If you doubt this then just say, "I doubt this". 

Then go and read the passport renewal form. 

A passport may be refused if "...a person has been repatriated from abroad at public expense and their debt has not yet been repaid. This is because the passport fee supports the provision of consular services for British citizens overseas..."

Edited by Craig krup
Addition

Just now, Craig krup said:

If you doubt this then just say, "I doubt this". 

Then go and read the passport renewal form. 

I said "Sure-that's how it's done."

Meaning that in most countries they will charge you for your repatriation-one way or the other.

Why should I doubt your statement?

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

I said "Sure-that's how it's done."

Meaning that in most countries they will charge you for your repatriation-one way or the other.

Why should I doubt your statement?

It's hard to read tone from text. An American will type, "Sure - that's how it's done", and mean, "I agree". A Brit will say, "Sure - that's how it's done", and mean the precise opposite. It's a bit like Glaswegians replying to a tall tale by saying, "Is that right? Aye?"

7 minutes ago, Craig krup said:

It's hard to read tone from text. An American will type, "Sure - that's how it's done", and mean, "I agree". A Brit will say, "Sure - that's how it's done", and mean the precise opposite. It's a bit like Glaswegians replying to a tall tale by saying, "Is that right? Aye?"

True,

However,I was agreeing with you.

I went to the Art Gallery in Glasgow once-It sure was a lovely place.

Edited by Odysseus123

5 hours ago, Joebuzz said:

Now if we could get all the Asian countries to pay for their visa overstays in America to pay for THEIR airfare home and to reimburse WELFARE for what it's cost OUR taxpayers we would have $BILLIONS$ ! ! !   We need 90 day reporting here too.  No report...deport!

Whenever I have seen an Asean person in America, I have observed them in school or working their <deleted> off to make a living, NEVER on "welfare".  It is extremely rare to see an Asean person on welfare in the USA, at least I never have.

2 minutes ago, billmichael said:

Whenever I have seen an Asean person in America, I have observed them in school or working their <deleted> off to make a living, NEVER on "welfare".  It is extremely rare to see an Asean person on welfare in the USA, at least I never have.

They have their own ways. A good one is when every member of you family is employed by the business and all cars etc are in company name...  So all defaults are registered against the company. All expenses written off against taxes.

There are all kinds of ways of beating the system. The ones on welfare just don't know how to take advantage.

White collar crime and avoiding taxes probably costs a lot more.

If she really is in distress and needs help then I hope she gets the help she needs.

If she is begging for money so she can back pack around asia hippy style, then good for her.  there was a time when mothers took their babies out with them each day and even travelled over continents with them, and nobody considered it child abuse.LOL

The thing that worries me is the mental state of western expats.  If your gut reaction to every story about a foreigner  is "deport him/her!", then you have  bigger problems than this woman and her baby.  let go of the hate people.  Everyone is just trying to get by the best they can. Most people in the world aren't rich or have government pensions.  but they still want do stuff.  deal with it.

Edited by kharmabum

IMG_0040.JPG.4c04245fa0bf8d700ce4fed6ec12f7b7.JPGWhen I see a person asking for help If I can, I help. This is not for them but for my heart. So I don't care if it is a scam or a person that really needs help. An old friend would say I am a mensch and my name will be written in the book of life. I care less. I hear beautiful music from a blind person playing at a train or bus stop, or some person begging on a pedestrian bridge I will always enjoy sharing my good fortune with them, not necessarily for them but to feel good in my heart. I consider myself fortunate, with good fortune comes a responsibility to share that good fortune. Something many forget in todays hustle and bustle world. Yes, there are months where I worry where the next meal will come from. But it  always comes. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck
Oopsie

16 minutes ago, blankagain said:

On her 'couchsurfing' profile, she has visited 45 countries with some being visited 3-4 times. No mention of a child travelling with her. We can all go back to sleep now.:sleepy: 

Also spotted earlier, together with her husband, asking for help to obtain a visa to China.

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry, but she must be handed over to her embassy who in turn must either pay for her in Thailand or have her sent back to her homeland....

Try begging as an alien in the streets of some western nation and the same will happen...

Another quality farang who will plainly justify all the hassle at immigration counters towards other farangs on normal visits to the Kingdom...

Sorry, but it's not up to the embassy (financed by tax payers) to fly her home, or to any other destination for that matter, or to bank role her stay in paradise. 

If people want to give her something on the street, so be it. If not, continue walking. 

East Europeans - Romanians, Poles, Russians, Albanians and some others, have been doing exactly this kind of thing for decades on the streets of London. Same things, usually women with a young child. I can remember during the 80s seeing a young Romanian woman with a small child begging in a subway of Kings Cross station, could hardly believe my eyes at the time, never seen anything like that in England before.

Don`t know why it most often seems to be East Europeans, maybe it`s a way of life for them?

1 hour ago, kharmabum said:

If she really is in distress and needs help then I hope she gets the help she needs.

If she is begging for money so she can back pack around asia hippy style, then good for her.  there was a time when mothers took their babies out with them each day and even travelled over continents with them, and nobody considered it child abuse.LOL

The thing that worries me is the mental state of western expats.  If your gut reaction to every story about a foreigner  is "deport him/her!", then you have  bigger problems than this woman and her baby.  let go of the hate people.  Everyone is just trying to get by the best they can. Most people in the world aren't rich or have government pensions.  but they still want do stuff.  deal with it.

Many of the expats in some of the seedy areas of Thailand are fine upstanding citizens if you manage to catch them for that 1-2 hours a day they are sober.

2 hours ago, malcoml said:

Really harsh comments.

Perhaps you should take a look at yourself in the mirror as you suck another Chang back tapping the ass of a girl likely young enough to be your daughter.

Annoys you that I just made all these assumptions about you? Well, that's what you did to her with your quality farang comment. I'm sorry mate the quality of someone is not always measured by how much or how little money they have in their wallet. Although if you have lived in Thailand for any length of time you will find that for quite a few Thai people this is the only measurement. 

In some cultures, the man of the house has complete control of the family finances. Looks like this is the situation that has occurred in here and he has left this poor lady in a terrible situation.

Most embassies have a policy of not handing out money so I doubt there will be any help coming from the Russian embassy. She must surely be an overstay and should hand herself into immigration policy.

If you read the posts here you will find that her husband IS with her. It's a scam!

Edited by blankagain
grammar

13 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry, but she must be handed over to her embassy who in turn must either pay for her in Thailand or have her sent back to her homeland....

Try begging as an alien in the streets of some western nation and the same will happen...

Another quality farang who will plainly justify all the hassle at immigration counters towards other farangs on normal visits to the Kingdom...

russia is different to western nanny states there the embassy dont give a damn about u.... or ask nigerian embassy for funds home...

5 hours ago, billmichael said:

No doubt you're correct with a certain percentage of "educated" Asians, but the following  article explains that persona or impression is not always the case ...

http://www.nytimes.com/1994/05/19/us/southeast-asians-highly-dependent-on-welfare-in-us.html

42 minutes ago, elgenon said:

You are smarter than a certain president? Of course.

You mean a certain President who most obviously has received Russian loans along with his SIL et al.? No wonder why he has such abnormal trust in a US adversary.