Open a business just for obtaining a visa.

16 hours ago, seancbk said:

Why do you use visa exempt entries?   I would definitely recommend that you use tourist visas.  

I'm in the same situation as you, I've been living here for almost 9 years.  I stay here 9 months then I leave for between 2 - 7 days depending where I go for my next Tourist visa.  Never had any problems at all.

However, I am in the process of setting up a Thai company for the new business I'm starting, unfortunately the company may not be ready in time for my next visa, so I will probably use another tourist visa entry before finally switching to a Non B visa and then a work permit.

Really as long as you have a proper tourist visa, an outbound flight booked and you are carrying the 20,000 baht (or equivalent in another major currency such as HKD, USD, EUR) then you really should have nothing to worry about.  

I would also suggest that you dress smart.  Jeans and a plain black t-shirt is enough, and wear decent shoes.  Don't turn up wearing shorts, singlets, flip flops.

Thank you man. Following threads in the forum is nice when you find people as you. I think we are trying to help one each other, despite sometimes you find someone not in his best mood.

As blorg has pointed, I got three months visa exempt entry, so that's the reason I'm not applying for tourist visa. Also blorg has explained it further.

Rest of the advises Im making them all. Got proper trousers, shoes, shirt, short hair, perfume :) Always watching immigration officer face before queuing ( this one you haven't mentioned it, but is quite important).

Onward ticket back home can easily be modified using .pdf editor ( does thai immigration read this forum?) Ok....Im a good guy immigration officer :) I just have the chance to travel around and I have liked Thailand to use as a base. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, perthperson said:

I have no idea but you could find out by showing the "modified" ticket to an IO and telling them it is a first class fake.............

In some countries writing bs on threads turns you into an ....take care :)

2 hours ago, Farangland said:

Thank you man. Following threads in the forum is nice when you find people as you. I think we are trying to help one each other, despite sometimes you find someone not in his best mood.

As blorg has pointed, I got three months visa exempt entry, so that's the reason I'm not applying for tourist visa. Also blorg has explained it further.

Rest of the advises Im making them all. Got proper trousers, shoes, shirt, short hair, perfume :) Always watching immigration officer face before queuing ( this one you haven't mentioned it, but is quite important).

Onward ticket back home can easily be modified using .pdf editor ( does thai immigration read this forum?) Ok....Im a good guy immigration officer :) I just have the chance to travel around and I have liked Thailand to use as a base. 

Hopefully we will both continue to have no issues coming into Thailand.  

Sounds like you have a good understanding of what you can do to improve the chances you don't get asked additional (difficult) questions.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

I would highly recommend you to NOT open a company here. What people do not know, is how difficult it actually is to close down a company in Thailand. It is a pure nightmare!

Get the Thai Elite Visa for 5 years and then just save up for another 5 years during that time. Until then, just travel in and out and get a tourist visa and extension each time. If you are not working in Thailand, that is the best way. 

Edited by khunpa

10 minutes ago, perthperson said:

What you suggest is not a viable long term solution to living in Thailand. 

Why is it not viable? If not working a Thai Elite Visa is a perfect solution. The OP just needs to save up the 500.000 THB and get the visa. Until then... in and out by air. I retired 2 months ago and purchased the Elite Visa. Best thing I ever done. Only thing I need to worry about is just doing the 90 day reporting. When I see people getting their Married or Retirement Visa extensions etc. rejected, I am just happy I do not need to worry about that.

Some might say 100.000 THB a year for a visa is a lot. I think it is peanuts for a trouble free visa. 

Edited by khunpa

2 minutes ago, perthperson said:

What you suggest is not a viable long term solution to living in Thailand. 

So far it is .

I have been in Thailand for six years on Tourist visas and Visa exempt stamps

Although it could change in the future , if they start to limit tourist visas, but , until then, carry on as usual

3 minutes ago, perthperson said:

I was commenting on your suggestion that tourist visa be used! 

Ahh okay.. Well, that was just a suggestion until the OP can find 500 k :-) Better than having to marry some strange Thai Woman to get a visa :-D

Edited by khunpa