Could Someone Write My Sons Name In Thai For Me

BIG SPUDS

Ive had to re build my computer, and now i dont have the thai font.

I'm getting a tattoo of my sons name it is "SAMPURI".

Could someone write this in thai for me so i can play around with it in a design programme.

If possible could you write it in a few different styles or texts (if possible)

Or if you are a bit of a designer yourself feel free to show me your designs or ideas for my tattoo.

Many thanks

BS

Got a digital camera? If so, photograph the note, reduce the size to something that doesnt take too long to download but is still readable, and attach it to a post here. I can type it out in Thai for you.

This is if Bambina is not available, she might be able to do it even without the Thai writing. I've never heard that name before so cannot be sure of the spelling in Thai until I see it.

Obviously scanning the note would work too, but I guess it is more likely that you have a digital camera than a scanner at home.

สามถูรี (Samturi / Samthuri) is what your file says, but in your OP you write Sampuri. Has somebody mistaken the letter thaw thung for phaw samphao?

If it should be Sampuri, then it should read สามภูรี . Note the orientation of the loop on the fourth letter - this is what makes the difference between the two letters - the 'ph' letter has an outwards-facing loop, and the 'th' letter has an inwards facing loop.

Spuds, I asked hubby & he recommended waiting until you were in thailand to get it done as a western artist wouldn't know the correct translation & as meadish just pointed out, a slight difference in translation could mean the wrong name. Having it done by a thai would mean your wife could supervise & discuss the spelling & make sure it was all ok. We actually know of only one thai tattooist working in a studion here in the UK (hubby does for friends & verbal recommedatoins only) but this guy has been working in a studion in south london for the past 4 years. He is very experienced & I have seen a couple of his tattoos & they look good. If you want a contact let me know but he is in Bromley Kent so a fair trek from you but still closer than thailand. :o

If you do want it done in LOS, we also can recommend a couple of artists whom we have know for years & who practice hygenic & safe tattooing in Samui too.