Politicos Dismiss Regime's 10-Point 'Social Contract'

snoop1130

Politicos Dismiss Regime's 10-Point 'Social Contract'

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

kukiat-696x463.jpg

1st Army Corps commander Lt. Gen. Kukiat Srinaka stands below a large image of himself Monday at the 1st Army Division headquarters in Bangkok. Photo: Prachachart

BANGKOK — A number of politicians and critics said they were unimpressed by a 10-point social contract introduced by the military regime Monday at a forum on national reconciliation.

Most of those interviewed after the event held at the 1st Army Division headquarters in Bangkok.said they saw it as a cosmetic exercise to shore up the junta’s image and dwindling popularity at best, or an attempt to further impose its will on the people.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/07/20/regimes-10-point-social-contract-just-cosmetic-politicos/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-7-20

26 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Most of those interviewed after the event held at the 1st Army Division headquarters in Bangkok.said they saw it as a cosmetic exercise to shore up the junta’s image and dwindling popularity at best, or an attempt to further impose its will on the people.

pretty harsh; total failure from the junta point of view;  time for another of those manipulated polls to come out saying junta popularity at 100%

“The whole forum was nothing but an attempt to get people to cooperate with the regime,” said Uchen Cheangsen, a political scientist at Walailak University in Nakhon Si Thammarat province. “I’ve seen many such forums. Many people get invited, but in the end, they mean nothing. This was an image-boosting process and more like ordering people to do as they say than anything close to being a social contract.”

Uchen cited the first point, saying it’s an example of the junta dictating what kind of “democracy” Thailand should have. The political scientist added that if the junta can be honest with itself, it would recognize it is one of the problems facing Thailand.

From the full story

I think the guy above put it very well.

Another meaningless 'word salad' that will be used to justify any action the military wants to take.

Seriously, don't they have something better to do with their time?

“Also, people should understand a true democratic system and exercise their rights and liberties correctly and in accordance with the law and [increased public] participation in politics. [They should] accept differing views and strengthen political institutions in a manner that will lead to free and fair elections while accepting electoral results which are considered the consensus of all Thais … .”

So many contradicting points in this paragraph...

Whenever i go to the movies here, there is this commercial that suggest 3 steps to make Thailand "Great again"

1. Clean your surrounding area

2. Plant Trees

3. Stop corruption

EVERY TIME i tell my GF, Lest start from point 3 and the rest will follow!

have a great day